• This topic has 256 replies, 88 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 257 total)
  • What's the best way to service a Kona frame and how long should it take ?
  • Dark-Side

I'm sorry, but apart from a couple of rumours by forum members who despite being asked refuse to elaborate on their comments, what evidence has anyone got that Kaesae is handling stolen goods? He seems to be getting a fair amount of stick on here, and I thinks it is mainly down to his face not fitting with the forum clique. I' d suggest that unless anyone has evidence of Kaesae breaking the law the criticism should focus on his rambling (and frequently hilarious) posts.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Kaesea, for a fella who's trying to build a business, has done a great job of alienating a lot of people. Regardless of his technical abilities, I wouldn't deal with him if he paid me.I'd far rather deal with a reputable business, with someone who isn't liable to go off on one at the drop of a hat.

tazzymtb

there's a forum clique? f*ck me, I thought everyone hated/took the piss/generally abused the sh*t out of each other, with the odd useful technical bit of bike assisstance amongst the general banter.

I think the main issue with kaesae is that he behaves like a knobend rather than the fact some accusations have been levelled at him as a suspected reciever of filched frames.

At least he keeps the trolls happy and more goats have made it accross bridges safely (unless they're in cumbria)

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

This is absolute golddust. Thanks kaesae for enlivening an otherwise boring evening.

I have never in all my years come across anyone boasting about how quickly (and badly judging by the youtube clip) they could do a routine service job.

I would, however, be much more impresed if you learned to spell and gained some grasp of basic grammar!

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

sell it and get a single pivot. in the long run thats the way to do it.
    joe x

tazzymtb

sell it and but a £5000.00 nichewhoreretrosinglespeedyrolhofhubber29er, that way you can probably offend everyone in one go 😀

Suggsey
    Free Member

I spent 4hrs with a blind bearing puller set and a 1kg slide hammer just to get the frigging main bearings out. Mind you they were that badly corroded/greaseless that they litterally disintegrated. The new BETD ones that I carefully greased the cups to etc went in in less than five minutes and hopefully will come out in similar fashion.
    As for the other pivots etc they were all fine so they are staying put till they fail/develop play.

crazy-legs

He's very good at undoing things isn't he?! Nuts and ermm "bolts". 😆

kimbers

what id like to know is how you pronounce kaesae

even his name is confusing

i think he is actually many people, a cunning stw uber troll created by the mods just for amusement,

colnagokid

The 'strange one' seems to be able to whiz about in his little workshop quite quickly for someone who has trouble walking

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Dark Side – Member

I'm sorry, but apart from a couple of rumours by forum members who despite being asked refuse to elaborate on their comments, what evidence has anyone got that Kaesae is handling stolen goods?

I and many others cannot understand what legitimate source of high end suspension frames would supply the number of frames he has access to. Check his e bay – loads of sold frames none bought

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Dear Mr Kaesae… please –
    (1) Can you confirm that the frames you are selling on eBay are completely legal? Simples. 🙂
    (2) Can you go back to the animal-based insults, cos this new approach is just a bit boring, to be frank.

Yours,
    A Craven Rat-Brained Mongrel

greeble
    Free Member

The 'strange one' seems to be able to whiz about in his little workshop quite quickly for someone who has trouble walking

considering he has a crippling back problem so to speak, he wouldn't look out of place on an F1 pit team the speed he zips around. i'll post the youtube clip to the local benifit office to see what they think

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'm sorry, but apart from a couple of rumours by forum members who despite being asked refuse to elaborate on their comments, what evidence has anyone got that Kaesae is handling stolen goods? He seems to be getting a fair amount of stick on here, and I thinks it is mainly down to his face not fitting with the forum clique. I' d suggest that unless anyone has evidence of Kaesae breaking the law the criticism should focus on his rambling (and frequently hilarious) posts.

I'm erring to the side of agreeing with that sentiment too.

There's plenty of places you can get frames from. I'm damned certain I could get hold of a fair few and do exactly what Kaesae is doing. That said, I seem to collect free/very cheap wheels better than frames. Once people know you're a bit handy with a spoke key, it's amazing what comes your way from mates, STWers and all sorts of places. Yes, I've made a profit on wheels just as Kaesae is doing with frames….
    Why should he have to say where the frames are coming from?
    If I got a good source of weeks, I wouldn't let the vultures on here know, that's for sure
    Nobody's been able to track down if any of them ARE stolen, which for STW is rather amazing (And depressing at the same time) I think, so I'm going to give the bloke a break and the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty methinks.

As for popping his cork a few times, well, plenty of us have done that on here, myself included, and it's no crime……

Kaesae, if you're reading this, just one bit of advice if I may? Chill out a bit, stop with the swearing and ignore the doubters and bullies. They only carry on because you keep giving them a reaction. Less is more chap, less is more….

I'll be interested in the Kona servicing too. My wife has a King Kikapu and one day I'll have to do the job too. 🙂

letmetalktomark

Strange, strange thread. Hmm.

Not sure I understand the direction.

Agree with an earlier comment – very creepy youtube vid.

Still take allsorts.

**Pulls up chair, opens hob nobs and waits for development**

soma_rich
    Free Member

I and many others cannot understand what legitimate source of high end suspension frames would supply the number of frames he has access to. Check his e bay – loads of sold frames none bought

If this is the only reason this guy is getting SOOO much grief, that's pretty cr@p.

I think the guy should be given the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty maybe?

duckman

This is a good, pass the hobnobs letmetalktomark. 😛

slowrider
    Free Member

thom yorke has got some kona skillz

Olly
    Free Member

Anyone want to discuss this subject feel free to join my thread. Criticizers you have TV’s if you want to do that and the only time you waste is your own, as it should be. Constructive input or be ignored, let’s see if we can learn something for those of us that love working on bikes .

your new here then?
    welcome.

and as its a kona, my suggestion is:

anyone got a radiotimes to hand?

letmetalktomark

duckman – Member

This is a good, pass the hobnobs letmetalktomark.

Certainly squire but they are the dark chocolate ones 😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

One Hunderd!

EDIT
    Rats. Missed it by 1. 🙁

Olly
    Free Member

surely stripping down a kona, to any degree, is EXACTLY the same as any other bike?

Allen keys, counter clockwise makes them come out, clockwise makes them go in.

drift out the bearings in whatever way you see fit.

how is it different from one of the billions of trances kaesae is selling?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

how is it different from one of the billions of trances kaesae is selling?

Konas have these fiddly little top-hat bushes on some pivots, rather than bearings like a Trance

duckman

Perfect, I thought they had stopped making them (that's dark chocolate hobnobs,not Konas)

kaesae
    Free Member

Don't tell me show me. Hot air, noise and balloons but you haven't shown me anything. What are you good for ?. What skills do you have.

ojom
    Free Member

kaesae – if you are confident in your abilities, which you appear to be, then it matters not what others think. Just crack on as you are.

no-one wins fights on the internet, sometimes the biggest thing to do is just accept an argument cannot be won and agree to disagree.

incidentally – have you ever considered opening a proper workshop to use your skills more commercially?

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey thebikechain if I don't poke them from time to time they stop chasing their tails and I like them better when they chase them. Gives everybody else some peace the rats get exercise and I quite enjoy it, so everybody wins.

kaesae
    Free Member

Olly does your face have a toilet roll holder attached ?

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

oh dear god he's back just not as angry,funny or sweary as last time oh well take allsorts s'pose quick question Keasae do you have any engineering qualifcations not trying to be funny just asking?

slowrider
    Free Member

robhughes
    Free Member

(Once I tune them there worth money before hand there sh1t. I am willing to prove that I’m a better frame servicing technician than any of the fools criticizing me. My frames are the best you’ll get for the money. So don’t tell me show me, This aint the TV and talk don’t count for sh1t here in the real world.)
    god this made me laugh.
    does this fool know who,s on the stw.

nicks
    Free Member

tax man ?

devs
    Free Member

I still don't understand how you tune a frame. Do you shave bits off to suit the rider or do you just change the bearings? I'd love to be able to tune mine to make it go faster uphill and stick to the ground better on off camber bends. Does it need more paint?

crazy-legs

I still don't understand how you tune a frame.

You replace the suspension forks with tuning forks, obviously!

One important thing to remember is that you can tune a frame but you can't tuna fish… 😉

duckman

I am suprised he has time to post on here as well as write the scripts for the after-watershed compare the meerkat adverts.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"What are you good for ?. What skills do you have."
    Well, first of all, I can spell. Secondly, I'm a registered psychiatric nurse, which, when dealing with you, is a bonus. Finally, I'm true to myself and others, and I don't try to enhance my ego by selling overpriced tat on e'bay and convince others that I'm being altruistic. Take more Procyclidine with it Kaesae.

duckman

Procyclidine…Is that not a roadie mag?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

What are you good for ?. What skills do you have.

I'm mainly good at criticizing 🙂

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I never spotted the similarity, but you know, I think you might be right. Kaesae – where are you getting your frames from? If you've nothing to hide, 'fess up and quell the suspicions.

kaesae
    Free Member

1. Barnsleymitch psychiatric as in the people who brought us shock therapy and dope anyone who disagrees with the government or is different up to their eye balls. How many of the people you treat get better and how much money do you make for the Pharmaceutical
    Companies each year. They wouldn't need psychiatric nurses if it wasn't for people like you and your idiotic attitudes. What do you get when you cross a pointless way of life hypercritical fools that turn day to day living into psychological warfare and overpriced incompetent care. Psychiatric nurses or psychiatrists and phsycologists to name but a few of the governments useless lackies.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 257 total)

The topic ‘What's the best way to service a Kona frame and how long should it take ?’ is closed to new replies.