• This topic has 256 replies, 88 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 257 total)
  • What's the best way to service a Kona frame and how long should it take ?
  • bananaworld
    Free Member

"normal" as in SNAFU?

Smee
    Free Member

Good to see you used my bolt and **** it with a hammer method.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

LOL

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I see you have recovered from your crippling disability!

sc-xc

kaesae – Member

Hey. I reckon I can strip the frame of it's rightful owner in less than 5 and a half minutes. Anyone say other wise.

No, for once I truly believe you.

genesis
    Free Member

My head hurts! You just couldn't make this thread up.

notlocal
    Free Member

😯
    Funking cutjob. Care in the community hits new levels.

kaesae
    Free Member

If loving bikes and biking is snafu them I'm snafu x snafu. I get to Work on them all the time for now and once I can walk properly and then ride. I get to build custom bikes, learning all about servicing and race tuning them and riding them a lot off course to test them. To me that’s my idea of heaven, spending all my time doing what I love. I would think that's the perfect life for me, I wouldn't have yours and you wouldn't have mine.

Which of us is more happy though, I’m short and funny looking and my spelling is awful. I don’t give a sh1t I’m confident in who I am and will never be afraid to speak my mind or have a go at it. I think it’s about time for some criticism no doubt, after 18 months of chronic pain and not being able to walk the little things just don’t seem to bother me anymore. Does anyone have a clip or tip about servicing full suspension frames. Any of the MTB riders that have a frame that’s giving you static, If you need a hand let me know.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Yo Kaesae,

Let's end a lot of the doubters' doubts by having you tell the world from where you source your stocks of frames. I'm very certain it will shut lots of people up.

ton

Fella's, i think Kaesae pawned you all…………….nuff respect 😆

tazzymtb

Kaesae bless you matey, you make an otherwise bleak and dreary sunday afternoon somehow fun again.

timdrayton
    Free Member

Any of the MTB riders that have a frame that’s giving you static

Static?? My god yes, i have a Felt, the frames got a lovely furry fluffy finish with beautiful polyester dropouts, it doesnt half chafe, and its definitely not good in the wet.

……..sorry

tazzymtb

i have a Felt,

you need to make sure it doesn't become fuzzy, otherwise you'll end looking like this

http://www.fuzzyfelt.com/load.swf

millsonwheels
    Free Member

[Edit: forgot to log out my other half and myself back in before posting. She would be ashamed to take such interest in pivot bearings!]

Blimey! Not sure if it was how long it took him or that he only used a hammer (not as bad as it sounds) once and dropped a bolt once. Thats really properly quite good IMHO.

Although the 'has anyone got any tips?' thing is a really lame way to show people on here you really do seem have some idea of what you're doing with bike frames. I don't think you want or need any tips. Why didn't you just post that youtube link straight away on the 'joker' enormo-thread? I think that whatever you say on here now, someone will have a pop at you. If you had shown them the workshop video first rather than the spectacular insultathon, you could have avoided all this silliness.

Out of interest, I wonder if you could look at selling correctly machined/trimmed tubes and drifts for people to press their own bearings in and out with a vice like you do in the video? A lot of people have a bench vice but not the means to cut their own bearing press gubbins. Materials would be cheap as chips, you could turn quite a few quid in doing that.

slowrider
    Free Member

this is better than any car crash tv ever.

franksinatra

WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR FRAMES FROM?

mAx_hEadSet

creative helmet cam work…. looking forward to the night ride edition

Not seen such a well organised home workshop for years. I imagine with your eBay bearing replacement kit business you may well have one of the best mailing lists of owner addresses of upper quality mountain bikes in the UK. I hope you keep it safe.

kaesae
    Free Member

Where do I stock up on my frames that are the life blood of my business and earn me a living. Why don't I show you how to ebay trade or as one of you fools asked tell you where I source my bearings from. I think the way I'm going about selling them with detailed pictures disguised as themselves on the largest trading resource in the world speaks for my cunning.

Anyone can get unserviced frames they cost £100’s to sort, shock function check or air can service £20, bearing kit £40 to £50 for a good one, installation £40 to £50 any decent bike shop, BB facing disc brake mount spot facing rear end alignment check £15. If the shocks blown another good bit. Any of you lot know how to fully check a frame ?.

Once I tune them there worth money before hand there sh1t. I am willing to prove that I’m a better frame servicing technician than any of the fools criticizing me. My frames are the best you’ll get for the money. So don’t tell me show me, This aint the TV and talk don’t count for sh1t here in the real world.

boxelder

He/you didn't separate the left hand from the right hand pivot bolts, so that frame is fubar…….

More haste, less speed.

And another thing – that soft faced hitty thing should be ashamed to call itself a hammer.

sc-xc

I don't care how well you can service a frame…you just sound like a bit of an idiot.

Kato

I am willing to prove that I’m a better frame servicing technician than any of the fools criticizing me

Then why are you asking how to do the work. The line that you're just interested in how others do it is just bullshat, plain and simple

You are a blithering fool

0091paddy
    Free Member

Frame servicing technician is a title you've just made up.

mAx_hEadSet

it's clear why he asked, he had a video in the can of him doing it in 5 minutes, asked the question and got some helpful and less then helpful cocks suggest they needed 15 to 30 minutes to do it setting him up nicely with an excuse to post his own youtube advertorial….

kaesae
    Free Member

Millie I do want to learn more about servicing I'm not looking to be good I'm looking to be the best. Aahh you've got me tools are here and ready to go and so are the best bearing kits you’ll get for the money. What kind of bike do you have and how wide does the jaws on your vice open. As for silliness that’s called fun these threads are idiotic this sites all about selling stuff. You can’t swing a mouse without bumping into an add for this that or the next thing. Guy contacts me wastes my time and these fools agree with it, even though he admits he had no intention of buying the frame. So I give the silly monkeys a poke psychologically and let them OOH and AAHH for a while. Do you want some free tools and advice ?. three sets of these tools for free and a DVD not a good one but it will do the job and I'll use as close a frame to yours in design as possible. Anyone interested ?.

trail_rat
    Free Member

lol you make me laugh – greatly entertaining kaesae keep up the good work !

btw this sites not about selling stuff 😉

kaesae
    Free Member

Read the initial question. I didn't ask how to do it. I asked what the best way to do it was and how long it should take. Who cares what I did and how fast lest just criticize. That DVD was done earlier tonight I started the thread this morning. I don't need to practice I really am very good at servicing frames plus the whole point is that you lot questioned if I new my craft. Any bikers looking to service their rigs I can teach you how to do it, as cheaply as it's possible. The rest of you I don't have time to waste.

bananaworld
    Free Member

btw this sites not about selling stuff

Unless you happen to be selling 'Premium Troll Chow'.

julianwilson
    Free Member

veeeery smooth…

I would have thought there is a small amount of money to be made undercutting the likes of BETD for nice quality bearings, and the right shaped/sized bits and bobs to press/drift them out and in again.

… oh but by way of friendly advice, do try not to call them 'rigs' on here, you'll get all the pedants upset. Again. 🙂

Dasha
    Free Member

Kaesae, we have a wonderful resource in this kingdom called the NHS; perhaps you could talk to one of their learned practitioners about your bike repair God complex!

ojom
    Free Member

*post edit*

actually i am not getting involved.

trail_rat
    Free Member

man i feel the urge to send my frame his way to check it out …..Can you do any work with carbon frames ?

colnagokid

so have we found out where the nut-job gets his frames from yet?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

There was a scary, almost psychotic intensity to that video. I half-expected him to start grunting at some point..

I think the way I'm going about selling them with detailed pictures disguised as themselves dodgily-resprayed on the largest trading resource in the world (Devil's Marketplace)

speaks for my cunning —- you definitely said it kaesae.

Interesting, one of the above comments about kaesae potentially owning a very large list of residential addreses, all where specific full suspension bikes are stored. He's very quick with his hands too…

genesis
    Free Member

Wathced the vid, its almost creepy like an out take of a Saw movie!

wildrnes
    Free Member

What a mental.

Limy
    Free Member

Hi Kaesae i would be interested to know what you were using in the vid to remove bearings? I couldnt make it out. Ive just done mine with a socket and a hammer and your way looked a lot easier.

kaesae
    Free Member

Enjoy silly monkeys. Better if you could show me, talk don't accomplish sh1t.

greeble
    Free Member

Tip:. Remove your rear shock and run your rear end through it,s travel gently. The action should be smooth and consistent and should require any real force. If it,s not consider how much better your riding experience would be if your frame wasn,t a cross between a donkey and a pogo stick with wheels, EEEE AAAWWW!!.Get it sorted and keep it pinned or hold on tight it,s gonna be a rough ride and a hard landing. EEEE AAAWWW!! Angry donkey strikes again!

kaesae
    Free Member

thejesmonddingo

I always find the quickest way to service a Kona frame is to find the nearest skip,insert frame into skip,and run away laughing.If you leave the frame near the top of the skip,it makes it easier for kaesae to find.
    Ian

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 257 total)

The topic ‘What's the best way to service a Kona frame and how long should it take ?’ is closed to new replies.