Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What's the best two legged kickstand for touring?
  • shermer75
    Free Member

It’s got to that point, I think this’ll be really useful. Any ideas? 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

pletscher?

simondbarnes

I decided that my touring bike when loaded was too heavy for a kickstand so I just lean it up against things.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I decided that my touring bike when loaded was too heavy for a kickstand so I just lean it up against things.

You’ve just not got the right stand!
    I build ambulance bikes for the NHS, you’ll see some of them at Heathrow airport. They’re so heavy it’s almost impossible to lift the rear off the floor when loaded. A normal Pletsher works fine for them, in fact they insist on them. I’ve used the same one, Mrs PP does too. They fit between the stays on the rear triangle.
    I currently use a Pletscher centre stand that folds way to one side. It’s brilliant. It’s absolutely fine holding yp my Tour de Fer fully loaded with the trailer on the back too.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

double post

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

This is what the NHS use. You’ll bend the frame before these give way, I expect.

This is the centre stand I use on my TdF

[/url]IMG_5752 by Peter Atkin, on Flickr[/img]

T1000
    Free Member

hebie

Really Useful bikes sell a wide range of centre stands and are very helpful

trail_rat
    Free Member

Pletcher……

Brilliant things. Doesn’t bother when. 4 panniers up and a bar bag and tent on the back. Great for mid tour maintainnce as well and punctures. No need to unload just stick it on the stand and drop the wheel out.

shermer75
    Free Member

I was hoping the Pletscher had soem good feedback as I was looking at that. The blurb says a max 25kg (bike + panniers etc) load tho?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What's the best two legged kickstand for touring?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts