Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Whats the best thing youve done with your life recently?
  • Smee
    Free Member

For me its starting this physio course and quitting driving instruction. Sometimes you dont realise just how stressed you are until you take a step back.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Being a dad after saying I would never do it. Every smile from my daughter makes my heart melt.

clubber
    Free Member

Being a Dad – 16months ago but the little man's brilliant.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Lands End to John O'Groats on the bike in 11 days for charity- we have a stunning country and weather that aint too bad either.If you ever get the chance to do it take the scenic hilly route (935 miles).

firestarter
    Free Member

putting in a transfer to leeds central station and getting wed on tues 😉

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

joining the army 4 years ago. and finishing my class 2 course (able to work on my own now)

derek_starship
    Free Member

Jacking in the fags.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Packing in the office job, moving to the Alps and making a living from snowboarding & mountain biking! :mrgreen:

jedi

setting up coaching business and trail building business 🙂

🙂

flip
    Free Member

Taking voluntery redundancy, and having a chill for a bit 😛

Raindog
    Free Member

Commuting by bike, 21 miles a day

ton

becoming ton again.

and getting on with my son, and his girlfriend, which means i am now a very happy grandad………. 8)

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

I didn't overdose. Sounds rubbish but it's definitely the best thing I've done for myself of late – I've managed to avoid triggering off a load of bad events because of it

allyharp

Probably making the decision to start do my MSc course, just over a year ago.

Now that I've finished I just have to figure out what to do with it…

redthunder
    Free Member

I built some more singletrack today 🙂

momo

Getting engaged to the future MrsMomo.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I just spent 3 years successfully developing a software system for a well-known European space project. From kick-off through analysis, design, implementation, verification and factory acceptance. There are some more hoops to jump through but, basically, my work is done.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Nowhere near as exciting as most of the above,but I rode the Goldtec Rough Ride Challenge today. Was going to give it a miss cos I hurt my back during the week. Then decided to ride,but just the 30 mile loop. Was about to set off,when some "mates" persuaded me to ride the 50 mile loop.
    Hard work,but thoroughly enjoyed it. A big well done to all the organisers and volunteers. £10 well spent.

midlifecrashes

Pushed through a school budget to fully fund all the school trips, so no child gets left behind, was really great getting every Y5 & 6 kid away to Kingswood. Good fun when we got there too.

chakaping
    Free Member

Last 15 months = Becoming a dad.

More recently = Not coming on here last week while mega-busy with work, got so much more done.

lyons
    Free Member

Learning how to jump properly again…

mrsflash
    Free Member

All the best for tuesday Mick!

Philby

Volunteering for the Princes Trust and delivering a monthly training session on marketing to young people hoping to set up their own businesses – get some fantastic feedback from the young people which really makes it worthwhile, and this has given me confidence to possibly deliver training on a paid basis, something I would never have had the confidence to do a couple of years ago.

Drac

gettting on with my son, and his girlfriend, which means i am now a very happy grandad……….

Nice on Ton.

Looked after mt 2 pukey kids over the course of a weekend, pure wee shites.

tyger
    Free Member

Getting a new job!

tinribz
    Free Member

Getting a road bike.

Because I enjoy the mtbing twice as much now I'm fitter. Obviously.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Getting married this summer, second time I have done it but getting married because I want to, and not just going with the flow is a great feeling.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Best thing I have done the the last year or so… just getting through it. I have done bollocks all for 18 months now other than just keep going – seems that every time things start to pick up I get another complete broadside of devestation. Got another one on the way it would seem too 🙁

Still, at some point the crap has to stop and karmic rebalance will surely ensure some good times are massivly overdue.

You know… if there is no work on tomorrow, and since I have nowt in the back of the car, I may just bugger off to Grizedale in the morning and have a bit of time to myself 🙂

langy
    Free Member

In general;
    Becoming an expectant father.
    About to start my qualification for massage which should help get me out of the office sh1t kicker position I seem to find myself in at present.

Bike related;
    Petitioning for access to trails.
    Building trail.
    Pushing myself to do stuff that I used to talk myself out of – one more thing to overcome (steep roll-ins, in particular with a short, techy run out…) enough to ride, then I can focus on getting cleaner and I'll be stoked!
    Getting a few maps ordered to start trying to piece together some big rides.

samuri
    Free Member

Jacking in the fags.

9000% for sure. Best thing I've ever done. Seriously hard work at the start. But so worth it in the end.

legend76
    Free Member

being a dad to my little boy,can't believe i waited so long to have a child,what did i do before then?

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i got made redundant and so started an MSc. it's like a dream

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Moving out of London to Cheltenham 6yrs ago has been the catalyst for so many good things and meeting so many good people 🙂

thefettler
    Free Member

Taking last year off to cycle round Australia & tassie,only thing now is i want to do another year trip in the us 😯 but i should really build my house.

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

Last 5 years: doing a PhD and getting a job I like doing, which is better paid than being a spannermonkey in a bike shop! Then getting married (2007), but most importantly the birth of my little girl 5 months ago. I never saw myself as being a 'natural' dad – but I think I might be. Riding opportunities are now limited but keeping the commute up!

IHN

Moving out of London to Cheltenham 6yrs ago has been the catalyst for so many good things and meeting so many good people

Aw, shucks 😳

IHN

And on a serious note, nothing, but I must do something soon.

rockitman

Taking up MTBing again. Without a doubt. Hadn't been on a bike for 17 years and had just gone through the roughest time of my life including getting divorced.

I've made loads of new friends and have something to look forward too every week. Don't think the bank manager would agree that it's been such a success though…

genesis
    Free Member

Become a dad, was a bit reluctant at first but now my son is the centre of my world.

Quit my well paid, high kudos job to go work at a trail centre and play with bikes, cook, rescue broken people and meet (mostly) good decent folk.

iDave
    Free Member

ran 100km in Mongolian mountains after 6 weeks training – the travel was as big a part as the run. got my old life back.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Whats the best thing youve done with your life recently?’ is closed to new replies.