Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Whats the best gift you have bought for your female significant other?
  • vickypea
    Free Member

One of my best presents from Mr Pea was a dropper post! Also an MTB skills course and a coffee machine!

Junkyard
    Free Member

all of STW wants to marry you now

lunge

Honest, non-PC answer is a Rampant Rabbit. I was going to be spending most of the following year overseas you see. She was chuffed, seriously.

More PC, err, tickets for a gigs? And diamonds, diamonds are good.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slowoldman

In whose opinion? Hers or mine?

BadlyWiredDog

XS Cotic Soul frame in orange 🙂

paul4stones

Electric blanket

stwhannah

My OH bought me a dropper post last year. I love him. Whatever he gets me, it’s something I want, but he gets the next level up, rather than the ‘it’ll do the job’ that I would pay for for myself. So it feels likes a treat even if it’s actually a practical and fairly essential item. Other thing he’s done a few times is buy me a voucher for our local nice but quite expensive clothing shop so I can go and buy things when I see them rather than just gazing longingly at them.

Every year I get him the same thing – a night away (basic B&B, nothing fancy) without the kids, with a hand drawn route map of an all day bike ride to go with it. So far he’s invited me to join him every year, so I guess he likes it.

hairybiker84
    Free Member

Big Ben and the batteries to go with it 😀

crankboy
    Free Member

Santa Cruz superlight
    Swiss army knife
    Compass
    Agent provocateur underwear .
    Nipple tassels
    Independent designer jewelry (upmarket craft not silly labels)
    Horrible histories style human body jigsaw

God knows what I’ll get her. This year , not yet had a miss with the presents yet though I was concerned that the nipple tassels would earn me a punch.

ourmaninthenorth

Is like to think the bright red Mini Cooper S convertible I bought earlier this year, but in reality it’s a 6 quid insulated coffee mug.

Not sure what to get her this year. A holiday I think.

sweepy
    Free Member

I got her a canoe paddle for valentines day one year. When the girls at work found out they were outraged but she liked it.

ElShalimo

A turnip.
    Yes it’s grim up north but we’re happy

Dolcered

I got my das lessons.
    Last year a scotoiler
    This year I suspect an exhaust.

I have forwarded a link to assos. Might work.

tang
    Free Member

I bought her a piano for her 21st birthday, nearly 15 years later it still gets played daily.

jamj1974

Best present I received was some Dave Gorman tickets. Showed loads of thought and I was dead chuffed. Best present I have given… More difficult – not sure I have an idea.

jamj1974

Just checked it was a watch apparently…

*Edit* Or it might be a picture or a photo calendar I put together or a mug with the childrens picture on. Apparently she is not sure…

Waderider
    Free Member

“Meet the birds” with Phoenix Falconry near Auchterarder.

Lots of brownie points from that one!

willard

In the past I’ve bought her a kayak and a mountain bike, both of which she’s been happy with, but has barely used. This year we’re going away for Christmas and that’s costing a lot of money, so I’ve not really thought that far ahead.

Despite saying to each other there is nothign we want, I’ll probably have to find something for her.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I often struggle rather – MrsDummy is hard to please. Surprise wins have been:

– silk PJs from Shanghai Tang;
    – Hoodie from Lulu Lemon

Engagement ring set the bar rather high, many years ago. I have never cleared it again.

🙂

senorj

I’ve been in the dog house in the past for buying necessary items, like a food mixer, and presenting then as gifts.

That made me chuckle – are you crazy Man?

For me it was a large diamond ring from a lovely shop in the Burlington Arcade…it will never be topped.

onehundredthidiot

I’m going to the Johnstone of Elgin pre-sale today (invite only) so she’ll probably get something nice in cashmere (and so will I).

I’ll get several pairs of cashmere socks for myself to keep my tootsies warm on cold rides.

beej

I bought a Garmin Vivofit last Christmas completely expecting it to be discarded after a week. Nope, still being used 11 months later and it’s helped trigger some behaviour changes combined with other things (new health insurance that gives rewards for steps being tracked).

johnx2
    Free Member

Probably a painting. Or a trip to New York. With me. Realising I may not be great at gifts so reading with interest…

beamers

I’ve been in the dog house in the past for buying necessary items, like a food mixer, and presenting then as gifts.

That made me chuckle – are you crazy Man?

Well it was a nice one:

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Ski holiday was well received, that was before the nippers came along, so probably won’t happen again for a while.

Sunday best carbon fibre race bike also well received (she’s a triathlete).

Think I’m a bit stuffed for getting over that bar again.

Davesport

She Wee deluxe model (Comes in a protective case) & a Banana Guard 😆

I was gutted she actually liked them 😯

lemonysam
    Free Member

Climbing shoes in our first year together. Possibly not the most exciting at the time but these days we climb together 3-4 days a week and go on holiday all over the world doing it.

edit: her duvet jacket was probably pretty close.

BillMC

I like buying stuff that will be used a lot and enjoyed. Last year it was a good sewing machine. So far this year it’s only been a pair of Sony 650 earphones….I was so impressed with them I bought 4 pairs but am struggling to think of other nice stuff.

northernerindevon

OH likes experiences:

Best to date have been early morning champagne hot air balloon flight over her home town in the Cotswolds and falconry experience.

Both are still raved about.

TheFlyingOx

Vespa LX4 125 and a CBT.

Although I think she enjoyed it a bit *too* much. She seemed to enter a real-life version of Road Rash every time she got on it, and I’d hear all about her exploits against her “enemies” (basically anyone on a scooter/motorbike dressed in black) when she came in from work.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

beamers

Some great suggestions. I think an electric blanket may be top of the list so far.

mogrim

I think an electric blanket may be top of the list so far.

That and the headphones, ideal for her lengthy Netflix sessions!

WillH

For a wedding gift I designed and commissioned some diamond earrings, had them sent to her room as she was getting ready on the wedding morning. The entire bridal party was pissed off at me because they all cried and ruined their make-up 8)

For a birthday I once got her a day’s rally driving, doing laps of an abandoned airfield in a Hyundai Coupé and and Evo VI. Both were ex-WRC cars and quite nippy, apparently. She still talks about that one.

One time when we were in a small rural town here in NZ, she went into an arty-crafty shop and saw a necklace she liked, carved from merino horn. I was outside at the park with the wee man. Later, the friends she was with mentioned that she had seen a necklace she really liked and gave a very vague description. I rang the shop, and between me and the owner, and some emailed photos, managed to work out which one it was (small shop, not many customers!) and bought it. She’d never mentioned it to me and couldn’t work out how I’d known.

I bought her a painting for her last birthday, she’d seen it on the wall of a café and said how much she liked it – and she’s not normally one for admiring such things. So I bought it but had it left on the wall of the café for a few months so she wouldn’t get suspicious that it had disappeared once she said she liked it. It’s an original work by a local artist, the only proper bit of art either of us has ever bought.

One that sort of back-fired, but more for her than me – for our tenth wedding anniversary I had a necklace made to match the earrings from the wedding day. Her mother was staying at ours so we could get away for a rare-as-unicorn-poo weekend without the boy. Went up to the big smoke to see the Cirque du Soleil (Noire – it’s very good btw), got our smart duds on. As she was getting ready I stepped up beside her, and was just about to say “you know what would look good with those earrings…” thinking that as it’s our tenth wedding anniversary and a rare fancy* night out, she’d be wearing those earrings and the necklace would be a winner.

But she hadn’t brought them. Bloody useless, some days I wonder why I keep her around…

*yes, we have low standards 🙂

P20

Cotic Soul. It was my thank you for all the effort Tasha put in to our wedding

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rEPATR]tasha wedding low__0414[/url] by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

willard

P20, that is awesome. Good skills!

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Whats the best gift you have bought for your female significant other?’ is closed to new replies.