Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What's the best disc rotor set for me to buy
  • applesandoranges
    Free Member

I am having a new set of wheels built and my old SRAM rotors are warped and have seen better days.

Just looking for recommendations on disc rotors, I am running shimano slx brakes.

Also whats the best rotor size I should run as I’m over 16 stone and would prioritize stopping power over weight. The bike I need them for is a 2016 orange five. Not sure what the max size disc this bike can run though or if it’s needed.

steve_b77
    Free Member

203 front and 180 rear maybe? If go for the fancy Shimano ice tech ones if I were you too

aikon
    Free Member

Not cheap but I’m liking the Swiss Stop ones

hatter

I’m a fair bit heavier than you, 203/180 icetechs FTW

philjunior
    Free Member

203 f and r? Unless the frame won’t take it, the rear can get hot too depending what you’re riding and you aren’t bothered by a bit of extra weight…

vincienup
    Free Member

I’m a fan of 180 at both ends, but I’m a few stone lighter. Probs 203/180 or even 203 at each end, depending how you like your back brake to work.

Where possible I’d try and stay with the caliper manufacturer’s own discs. RT66’s are cheap enough not to be too worried if they get wrecked.

Tracey

Uberbike have 25% off their rotors using their BLACKFRIDAY25 code this weekend. Ordered some more Racematrix pads earlier with it

applesandoranges
    Free Member

I’m a fair bit heavier than you, 203/180 icetechs FTW

Think I’ll run the same shame that we dont have options of different colours tho that would ve nice. Good reviews for these regardless 🙂

applesandoranges
    Free Member

Quick question is there anything I should know about compability. I will be running these on hope pro 4s, will centre lock work with this?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What's the best disc rotor set for me to buy’ is closed to new replies.