Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • What's outside your window?
  • Caher

At the moment mountains and the Atlantic Ocean.

jambourgie
    Free Member

“Outside your window – is a tree…” -Cream ‘Disreali Gears’

Not true.

Outside my window – is a wall.

IDIOTS[/i]

SaxonRider

I have a series of Victorian terraces and then Leckwith Woods. As far as urban scenes go, my view is about as nice as they come. 🙂

kimbers

The overgrown trees and discarded children’s toys of my back garden,

Side window in bedroom has a view over the Milton Keynes cityscape , which is nicer than you might think as there’s a lake & a ton of trees between here and there, it’s not the lakes or anything, but when I lived in London it was a train line, the A4, the M4 elevated above it and Heathrow flightpath above that, (took us a while to adapt to the quiet nights round here!)

vongassit
    Free Member

😯

welshfarmer

Guess I am luckier than many

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Pear trees, apple trees and then South Oxfordshire fields. And a Red Kite.

seadog101

The sea, in every direction.

spooky_b329

As the estate agent would say, I enjoy an elevated position with 180 degree views.

Overall its a pleasant view, taking in the English Channel and the South Downs, with a slightly run-down industrialised town with a black hole for a town centre taking centre stage. Basically, all that dirty polluting stuff that you’d stick right on the edge of your ‘SimCity’ so you could rake in the cash, is slap bang in the middle. Thankfully the houses just below me hide most of it 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

City and the river on a nice winters day

tjagain

View across the rooftops of leith out to east lothian , the city centre and Arthurs seat[url=https://flic.kr/p/5q4pSp]roof view pano[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

whitestone
    Free Member

Yorkshire, on every bloody side, Yorkshire 😥 There is a chink of light – the Lancashire border is just in view.

It’s actually a view across a quiet valley to a gritstone crag. There’s about half a dozen properties in the valley. At various times will have deer, hares, curlews, kestrels, buzzards in view.

Kryton57

Mister P – Member
    1965 VW Beetle.

Across the road is a “lockup” used as a garage by some old chaps. Inside one of the small units is a splitty they are restoring. Jnrs amazed by it, and both of us hope to spot it.

Slightly spoiled by one of the blokes sons who rocks up in his lowered illuminated mkIV golf with the sub blazing looking for some help lowering it further from time to time.

RustySpanner

Currently Rochdale.

MTT
    Free Member

Normally: Win Hill and gliders circling in the Peak District

Now: A cabin city on the Omani/Saudi border and some ancient oil infrastructure. Miserable.

Waderider
    Free Member

I live on the banks of the River Lochy at Gairlochy. Just yesterday I was having a wee surf while watching the ‘Clunes’ osprey having a fish. As well as the river from my computer I also have a good view into a big oak tree. Nearest neighbour 200 metres away across the Mucomir cut.

Elected.

dannybgoode

Out the front just the street and then across to a small block of flats. Street is at least tree lined with some old and beautiful trees.

Out the back – our garden which backs on to the the road behind our house and more trees.

Much better than the old gaff such was on a dual carriageway and then onto the shop where the local yoof congregate.

scotroutes

The Northern Corries of the Cairngorms, the Lairig Ghru, Braeriach and Sgor Gaoithe.

In Winter we can see the pisting machines getting the ski slopes ready.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I can only see tree’s that are part of a nature reserve and the Crystal Palace transmitter from my window, I have to
    Kneel on the sofa and put my face up against the window to see the road below so for London I’m happy with that view as it was somebody’s kitchen across a terrace yard before.
    Hoping the tree surgeons are going to lop the tree outside soon as i can no longer watch the peregrines on the transmitter from my armchair.

I have to stand in the bath to see the panorama of london the other side of the flat which is quite impressive (apart from the dark block of grenfell tower which is directly in line with Wembley arch. 🙁

LeeW

Right now, I have a Chinook and 2 Apache helicopters carrying a giant flag.

redthunder
    Free Member

2017-07-15_11-39-38 by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

onehundredthidiot

The Moray firth (literally 10 steps away at high tide), yesterday it was the Summer Isles, before that the Atlantic as seen from North Uist. Tomorrow evening it’ll be Hawick with Ruberslaw and the Minto hills beyond.

bubs

This morning, a grumpy bird….

debaser

On a good day – not today – Stuc a Chroin, Ben Vorlich, Uamh Bheag and Dumyat.

piemonster

[/url]IMG_20161013_082811008_HDR by Piesinfife, on Flickr[/img]

piemonster

On a. Good day at least, weather is pish right now.

From upstairs you can see, beaches and dunes, sea, half a dozen islands, the Forth Bridge right along to North Berwick Law, the Lammermuirs, the Pentlands, Edinburgh from end to end, an oil rig, several ships of varying descriptions and a gas terminal. Plus the bits of town between here and the sea, although we sit (snootily) above on a hill so the view isn’t impaired.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Patio, plunge pool, orange tree.

binners

Usually, this….

Its what I open my curtains too every morning. And reminds me that there is a God, and somewhat inexplicably he quite likes me.

However today is such an East Lancs day that the mist and drizzle means I can’t even see the end of the street. Bah!

Rusty Spanner – Member

Currently Rochdale.

Living the dream, my friend. Living the dream.

shermer75
    Free Member

peajay

Steam train

Junkyard
    Free Member

My neighbours sons car no matter what other parking is available where you can legally park

Other houses

Rivington tower and mast in the distance [ 4-5 miles]

sargey

At the moment sweaty Bettie over the road cleaning her windows.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A man wearing a rather grubby raincoat and nothing else – oh dear

stigofthedump1
    Free Member

A Rowan tree with orange berries on being blown about by the south westerly, hiding spy central GCHQ.

nick1962
    Free Member

Got the feeling I was being watched while working in my cellar the other day

cb

A steaming pile of dog crap. The owner of the mutt yet to be identified after allowing its furry friend to shit there for the past three years.

One day I’ll see it happen and engage the appropriate (and disproportionate) revenge plan.

New thread soon to be started on ultrasonics…

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m at a mates now.

From my bedroom (4story Georgian Town House) I can see the church, a long row of Georgian terraces, a row of cars, a really decent boozer and one of my fave pizza restaurants in Town.

And his Mrs pants hanging in the shower room 😆

CountZero

Dunno, it’s dark.

vongassit
    Free Member

Tonight , approx 200yds away it neds & nedettes drinking & taking the droogs! & listening to boom boom music.

Bless them all 8)

CountZero

breadcrumb – Member
    This morning I had a visitor-

Lucky git! Haven’t seen any hares around the usual haunts for several years, very disappointed. 😐

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘What's outside your window?’ is closed to new replies.