Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • What's on your list of 'dream projects'?
  • DrP

Not necessarily bike related, but if you were to have a large wad of cash dumped on your doorstep, what would you use it for (this is NOT reality, so no ‘paying off mortgage etc!)
    Mine would be:
    1-buy a barn and do it up as a pimp house
    2-buy a van and self convert it into a family camper (ideally with the son, but at 1 he’d be a danger more of a help..!)
    3-have a steel road frame built for me, and kit it out (ala ‘ride of my life’)
    4-learn to weld, build an aerodynamic trailer, and cycle LEJOG unsupported (take water, food, everything!), probably in conjunction with 3..

DrP

Not a dream project by any stretch, but I have a plan for a decent shed that I want to put into action

jonb
    Free Member

I’d love to build my own house. We thought about doing it when we bought our current place but couldn’t find land in the right place. With enough money, finding the right place wouldn’t be a problem.

I’d buy some bikes but I’d be more interested in where I road them than what they were. I’d love to do some epic touring rides, across the USA, ride to China, that sort of thing.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well I am working on a dream project right now which is publishing my book. This has been something I have wanted to do for years 🙂

If I had a wad of cash I’d pay someone to do the formatting, front cover and do a ton load of advertising. I am also in a world of pain trying to learn how to get it on to the kindle, so I would pay someone to do that too.

As it stands, I reckon I will sell a few hundred copies maybe without all that cash, but then all it takes is a few good reviews and word of mouth kicks in and you never know. Assuming you have a good book of course!

maxray
    Free Member

I’d like to get my big bike licence and then restore a few bikes, maybe a nice mv agusta, Norton and ducati.

Northwind

Campervan for me… Something sensibly sized, not too big, not too small, but fitted out inside just exactly how I want it. Yeah, that’d do. And then part 2 of the project, bum around the UK and maybe further riding bikes til my legs fall off.

I’ve been planning a total nuts-n-bolts rebuild of my motorbike for about 3 years, bit more engine work, new custom bodywork, ditch another 5-10 kilos off it but I’ve never been able to find the time and the money at the same time. Mountain bikes have taken over a bit now though so I’m not sure that’ll ever happen, at least not like I’d like to do it.

Good post btw!

stuey
    Free Member

Underground ‘eco'Malccolm Wells home – with light wells passive heating and a central pool
    ( but no sharks with lasers)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A decent mission to Mars specifically to look for signs of extant life. Cost a few bankers bonuses tho.

davidrussell
    Free Member

i’d tour the Scottish coast, looking for the perfect seaside cottage. then i’d buy it and do a real life monty halls adventure, minus the film crew.

philconsequence
    Free Member

make a film

gazc
    Free Member

got a couple which we’re hoping to do in the next few years

1. taking our camper on a big trip, iceland via shetland and faroes currently fave, following by a trip to the arctic circle in norway or a tour of spain. got to build the interior first after ripping out what was in it at the weekend 😀 (and for anyone thinking of getting one i definitely recommend it!)

2. ride to africa – england, france, spain then straight of gibraltar ferry to morocco possibly on bikes which we’d donate to some charity over there (after a good service of course!)

3. ride to asia somehow maybe a bit further off that one

4. maybe buy a bigger house for kids n stuff (well thats the line when the missus asks – actually i just want a garage!)

deep_river
    Free Member

You cant have that one davidrussell, thats my dream!

and to open a wildlife watching holiday company on the Scottish west coast too.

Wookster

Buy a big lump of forest ( thanks Dave) build a trail centre a la whister…..

Buy a big house with a bike barn two of each bike one with wet weather tyres one with dry tyres,

Learn how to really ride my bike!!!

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive done lots of my “dreams” already:
    [list]Built a house
    3 month camping cycle tour
    Months touring in campervan with family
    [/list]

but now Im not sure what’s next. Taking a bit of time to take stock I think. Ive always wanted to walk across Europe, but now with two little’uns and the wife’s business taking time it’s time to be a bit more down to earth 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Green oak framed straw bale large house in quite a few acres with trails,

Give it a couple of years and you’ll be able to ride Loco Trails in the South west 😉

juan
    Free Member

move and live in scotland…

Stoner
    Free Member

move and live in scotland…

WHY? when you have the whole of France to chose from?

EDIT: OK probably wrong question. Maybe you can only work in Paris and I can see why you might not want to stay there, but the Massif? The Pyrenees? Alps? Food? Wine? Commune? Terroir? Climate? Got to be better than Scotland….

Davesport

Sell this motorhome & buy this one instead Unicat family motorhome.

Atacama here I come 😀 You did say “dream” projects….

Sawyer
    Free Member

1) Get a motorbike license

2) Get a 2nd gen VW Scirocco

3) Direct films.

The first is hopefully going to happen this year if I get my arse in gear, the second might happen if insurance goes down a bit, the third will never happen, sadly.

racefaceec90

i would say buying a custom made titanium mountain bike ht (with top of the line components fitted to it) the same for a titanium road bike.also to buy a few really nice guitars and amps/effects.oh and give some of the money to my friends and charities.that would be jim dandy 🙂 p.s to see and ride some of this planet (especially japan/china) and i would kick my depression into touch once and for all so i could achieve these things for real. 😀

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Ride Peru,
    Ride Japan,
    Ride coast-to-coast USA on my road bike,
    Restore a 1970 Chevelle SS,
    Get totally ripped! 🙄

I forsee maybe two of those happening if I’m lucky…

chewkw
    Free Member

Build a factory to produce widgets …

roper
    Free Member

I would travel and look for undiscovered species of spiders, mainly theraphosid (tarantulas) but would be happy with all arachnids really. I would also help set up preservation plans to try and stop them becoming extinct. I would take my time to make sure I could get lots of historical and family time along the way, nothing rushed.

tyger
    Free Member

Set up an Orphanage

DrP

5 – sell a photograph THIS YEAR…

This one’s a bit of fun, and I’m not even talking about making a significant amount, but I just want to know someone wants to buy one of my pictures!

DrP

Pieface

fix the car
    pump up my bike
    sort out the singlespeed

niallmb
    Free Member

not exactly exciting but i’d take some time off from the business and do absolutly nowt!!! i can imagine it now, absolute bliss.

downshep

Realistic – Fit a woodburning / multifuel stove to our current house.

Unlikely – Design and build a large house on a plot somewhere on the Argyll coast.

Impossible – Stop dreaming my life away on the internet.

warton
    Free Member

so many things!

I’d love to buy a suitable house then get an oak barn extension added onto it for all my bikes

A campervan

My dad had a couple of really beautiful steel lugged road bikes in the 80s with record. I sold them a few years after he died to found my mtb habit ( i was 15) I would love to buy and restore a vintage road frame just as his bikes were, no new bits at all.

I’d love to have the time and money to train for a really epic race or trek, maybe in the Arctic or similar (i don’t like hot countries!)

IA

By a lathe, and perhaps a couple of other CNC machines, and put some of my mad ideas into action.

juan
    Free Member

Got to be better than Scotland….

Well don’t think so. I think you really need to go up there. People are amazing, friendly, warm and the land itself is just mind blowing.
    But due to family commitment it look like I am stuck up in the south east.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Build a houae
    go on a long bike tour
    open a skatepark. The last one is one I’ve always wanted to do, even though I’m old and don’t ride very often it’s still one of the dream things I’d like to do.

lexiekay
    Free Member

Walk the south-west coast path in one go.
    Buy and restore a Romany caravan.
    Own a sailing boat again.
    Restore a medieval house.
    Cant see any of them happening at the moment though!

donsimon
    Free Member

Design and build a house.
    4X4 and a Kimberley Karavan and drive around the world, with the bikes and dog of course.

RS4KEV

SaxonRider

1. Get a different job, but one that pays as well as my current one.

2. Buy a rural house with land to raise pigs.

3. Make money writing fiction and/or screenplays.

colande
    Free Member

project wise,
    mine would probably be restoring my dad’s e type Jag,
    it was the only thing that he bought for himself in his life,
    it languishing in the garage untouched for over 20 years now.

but travel would be good. ride across canada

willard

Dream project?

Learn how to program and do something awesome with it.
    Buy a house that the wife and I can live in for a very long time.

Does having kids count as a project?

flamejob
    Free Member

+1 for Build my house (in the hills around Valencia)

Simple open plan glass box on a sloping site with a separate guest room and garage connected with walkways

Would be sustainable (in operation) so I wouldn’t have to bother connecting it to the Mains.

Stoner
    Free Member

Well don’t think so. I think you really need to go up there.

been plenty of times. I’m half scottish (not my best half, obviously)

I’ll trade you my heritage for yours! Got any saucy female cousins in Aude by any chance?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘What's on your list of 'dream projects'?’ is closed to new replies.