What's on your bucket list?
I know it sounds silly, but planning to die (and, sort of, setting a time limit) doesn’t sit well with me. What do you do once you’ve got through the list? 12 guage?
I think your list constantly evolves as you get older, so I don’t suppose you’d ever get through it. Unless of course, you’re given a certain length of time to live, in which case you won’t need the 12 guage when you’ve completed your then list.Posted 4 years agoanusMember
Northern Lights for me too, I can’t really explain why but I have a real fascination with them and I think it would absolutely blow me away to see them!
I’ve applied to study for a year in Trondheim in Norway next year, get the response back next week so fingers crossed.Posted 4 years agojekkylMember
I was bored one day at work so here’s my bucket list, for your admiration and/or derision.
1. Get and maintain independence- Achieved 1999Posted 4 years ago
2. Fall in love – Achieved 2004
3. Get married and be happy- Achieved 2007
4. Have at least one child – Achieved 2011
5. Get proficient at a sport (Golf: 25%, Swimming: strong but never competed, Mountain Biking/Cycling: 70%?)
6. Compete in a XC mountain bike race and not come last. Achieved 2013
7. Complete an olympic distance triathlon and not come last
8. Scuba dive somewhere tropical.
9. Get proficient at a musical instrument.
10. Have a ride on a helicopter
11. Parachute jump, incl freefall
12. Visit Thailand
13. Visit Rome, incl The Colisseum & St Peters Basilica – Achieved 2008
14. Visit New York
15. Visit Paris and climb the Effiel Tower, see the Mona Lisa @ the lourve and visit Notre Dame Catherdral – Achieved 2007
16. Cycle coast to coast UK – Achieved Sept 2011
17. Cycle coast to coast Italy
18. Cycle coast to coast USA.
19. Cycle John O’Groats to Lands End
20. Ski down a mountain.
21. Ride a gondola in Venice – Achieved 2007
22. See a wild snake – Achieved 2011
23. See a wild badger – Achieved 2013
24. See a wild bird of prey – Achieved
25. See a london show- Achieved X 3
26. Hike up the highest mountain in England – Achieved 2011
27. Hike up the highest mountain in Scotland
28. Hike up the highest mountain in Wales – Achieved 2013
29. Live long enough to see a grandchild (hopefully many)
30. Ride on a horse at a gallop
31. Swim across a lake (& back again) – Achieved, Coniston 1994
32. Shoot a magnum – Achieved 2007
33. Shoot a shotgun – Achieved 2007
34. See an opera – Achieved 2007, in Verona – La Boheme.
35. Visit Pompei – Achieved 2008
36. Visit the houses of Parliament, London – Achieved 2009
37. Go to Oktoberfest, Germany
38. Go to a music Festival
39. Go to all-night ‘Rave’ – Achieved several times ;o)
40. Compete in a Poker Tournament – Achieved 2010
41. Create a sculpturerighogSubscriber
Jekkyl.. I like your list.
I have achieved most of my vague notions ( I might make a retro list )
2 things in the near (ish) future though.
1. get a dog, never had one, now in a position to get one, hope the wife is not allergic.
2. buy a open top sports car ( sad I know) never even had a drive in one ( unless you count my old roofless landy)Posted 4 years ago
The topic ‘What's on your bucket list?’ is closed to new replies.