whats on your book bucket list…..

Home Forum Chat Forum whats on your book bucket list…..

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • whats on your book bucket list…..
  • Binners in bikinis – A Photographic Journey

Romance of the Three Kingdoms, bit of a struggle at times but is an absolutely epic tale including gems like the warrior shot in eye the by an arrow pulling the arrow, out came the eyeball so he scoffed it so as not to dishonour his parents, or the hunter who had an honoured guest but had no food, so cooked up his wife, causing the guest to “shed tears of gratitude” when he found out.

sucklingmatt

Wow never heard of that

Premier Icon curiousyellow
    Subscriber

Finnegans Wake

labsey

Friday Night Lights. Even if you don’t like American Football, the book is an amazing insight into small-town America.

CountZero

The Peripheral, by William Gibson.
    Due around November, allegedly. I’ll have built up a good amount of anticipation by then.

sucklingmatt

It’s a tv series too? Going to assume book is better

sucklingmatt

Im looking for a new book

samuri

‘The Ocean at the end of the lane’ is queued up on my Kindle. Heard loads of good things about it.

Have you read American Psycho? I read it and threw it away as soon as I’d finished it. It’s a properly disturbing book. Then I find out he’s written another on, Glamorama. Now I’m morbidly curious about how that turns out. It’s on my list but I’m worried about what i’ll find.

scruff9252

labsey – Member
    Friday Night Lights. Even if you don’t like American Football, the book is an amazing insight into small-town America.

Never seen the film, but the soundtrack by Explosions In The Sky is a fantastic album.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Danny Baker: Going to Sea in a Sieve.

Probably the funniest book I’ve ever read. Can’t wait for part 2.

Premier Icon Coyote
    Subscriber

‘The Ocean at the end of the lane’ is queued up on my Kindle. Heard loads of good things about it.

It’s OK but not his best work.

Premier Icon YoKaiser
    Subscriber

Not on my bucket list(because I’ve read them) but I’d implore anyone to add to theirs James Ellroy’s LA Quartet follwed by the Underworld Trilogy. Absolutely amazing body or work!

Grapes of Wrath – Steinbeck

Just finished Fahrenheit 451, a must-read.

Also recommend Jonathan Livingstone Seagull by Richard Bach.

pondo

Faster, by Michael Hutchinson. Fascinating, factual, and very, very funny.

Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson, bloody fantastic book.Almost gave up on it but so glad I didn’t.

Premier Icon paladin
    Subscriber

New book by Irvine welsh – sex lives of Siamese twins.

It’ll certainly brighten up my bookcase alongside skagboys, filth, etc 😀

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

I’m currently re-reading Dilip Hiro’s “Islamic Fundamentalism” (an excellent concise, but dry, history of Islam & the Islamic world) as a refresh before I next read Tom Holland’s new book “In the Shadow of the Sword”: a more “story-led” history of the Arabs from the 6th century.

marco

Catch 22?
    The song of Phaid the gambler – Mick Farren, really good sci fi
    Citizen of the galaxy – Robert Heinlen – classic sci fi
    The hell candidate – Thomas Luke (Graham Masterton) scary horror
    Anything by James Lee Burke

marco

Catch 22?
    The song of Phaid the gambler – Mick Farren, really good sci fi
    Citizen of the galaxy – Robert Heinlen – classic sci fi
    The hell candidate – Thomas Luke (Graham Masterton) scary horror
    Anything by James Lee Burke

Cletus

The Flashman series by George McDonald Fraser – wonderfully entertaining historical fiction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flashman_Papers

z1ppy

“The Dark Defies”, final book of the A Land Fit For Heroes trilogy (great mix of fantasy/sci-fi) by Richard K Morgan.. when it’s released, as it was supposed to be out in April, pushed back to November… Grrrrr
    Throughly recommend the first two book and his Takeshi Kovacs novels

..Partners waiting for “The City of Mirrors” (so am I) by Justin Cronin, again the final part of his trilogy out in October.

Got a few books lined up, but nothing I’d really looking forward to (hoping to be surprised).. Actually you’ve reminded me I have Morgan’s Blackman/13 to try 😀

sucklingmatt

These all sound great shouts. Been reading Bernard Cornwell slot latwly

labsey

The film Friday Night Lights is a dramatisation of the book, the series is kinda the same but with different characters. All good though.

Can’t recommend the book enough.

Currently Reading A Life Too Short: The Tragedy of Robert Enke by Ronald Reng. Good book.

johndoh

With Malvern – grapes of wrath

101%

wordnumb

Codex Seraphinianus. Makes every other book ever seem a bit unambitious.

johndoh

I assume you mean ‘every book you’ve read seems unambitious’?…

wordnumb

Nope, every book ever written. CS is a fictional encyclopedia written in an incomprehensible language. Very silly, utterly pointless, entirely unreadable.

Premier Icon sadexpunk
    Subscriber

got a kindle on the way so reading this with interest.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘whats on your book bucket list…..’ is closed to new replies.