Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What's MMX lever on a Reverb?
  • Rickos
    Free Member

If the advert says MMX will it only fit with SRAM brakes or gears or does it come with a proper bar clamp too?

Ta!

grantyboy
    Free Member

MMX allows the shifter to be mounted to the Reverb clamp

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

From Merlin?

I called them & asked before ordering, it’s since arrived and I can confirm they come with a standard bar mount too 🙂

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

The MMX clamp (If its a retail boxed post) comes with a spacer that allows you to clamp it direct to the bar; works great

thorpie
    Free Member

Left of right mount? If the tabs are on the right side of the top tube for the reverb cable should the mount go on the left? Asking as I am considering a Trandition Bandit build and the tabs are as above.

Rickos
    Free Member

Good question. If I wanted to run a right hand lever on the left so it was under the bar would it have pointy bits sticking out? Am I better off just getting a left lever?

sandal100

Left or right – get the one for which hand you want to use, not for which side the tabs are on the frame!

I run a RH on the left upside down, no pointy bits! I’m on an iPad so can’t embed properly but:

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/8655026/

You can just see it poking above! That only really works if 1×10 as it would normally clash with the shifter if not. It’s better underneath if you can as it’s fragile and when on the top it’s vulnerable to being knocked and can be damaged just flipping the bike over

Rickos
    Free Member

Yup, 1×10 here so underneath is always preferable.

Groovy. Looks like a right hand lever mounted on the left is the way to go for me. Good job my Kona Howler has some handy stealth holes already drilled for drainage… 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What's MMX lever on a Reverb?’ is closed to new replies.