Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • whats j e james delivery times like?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

bought a pair of tyres on sunday night, when for the cheapskate posatge option which states 5-7 days.any one had experience of how accurate they are? always sooner or always later?
    p.s. is the postal strike still affecting things or back to normal??

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

odannyboy post me up the total of you're order from Sunday and i will let you know the status of you're order.

The reason i'm asking for the above is because it's not really personaly info, dont give me your postcode/account number etc, just the total of you're order and a rough time as to when you placed it.

Cheers

JEJ

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I ordered a hope vision 1 from them a couple of weeks ago and it arrived after three days – no complaints here.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

thumbs up @mitch!

domino

mrdomino ordered lights for me and and a hope vision 1 for him. As the Hope Vision 1 was out of stock (we had to get in touch to find this out, they showed as in stock when we ordered), then for some unknown reason they said they had posted my lights (rather than courier as requested), they guy who we spoke to didn't really seem to know much and couldn't even give a tracking number. A few days later we had to chase again, it hadn't been sent, it had been sitting there waiting to be sent for 3 days – eventually it all got sorted out but they are slow.

DezB
    Free Member

Try this one
    Order total: £39.12 (Bontrager tyres)
    at 6:42pm on Monday 23rd November, 2009

What's the status?

thanks!

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Better delivery times than wistanleys!

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

Dez – tyres will touch down with you on Friday at some point.

All the best.

JEJ

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, it worked. 🙂

odannyboy
    Free Member

Ok,(prbably the same as debs) two bonty mud x 2.0's ordered sunday afternoon. £39.14? to cambridge.
    Cheers.

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

Same applies odanny.

Cheers guys – over & out.

JEJ

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Purchased some forks recently, delivery took about 3 days and i was emailed tracking info, etc – good service IME.

Esme
    Free Member

I guess the correct answer is "VERY VARIABLE". Some people have a really good experience, others vow never to use them again

They're certainly trying to improve the mail order service – but this should be for everyone, without special treatment for people who might complain about them on STW

brassneck

but this should be for everyone, without special treatment for people who might complain about them on STW

First step to improving is actually listening to complaints somewhere, and they should be applauded for this at least (1st time customer, no axe to grind here).

But I would comment that Sagepay is a real PITA payment system, just about all my CCs require the 3D auth that doesn't work from work (I think the control is ActiveX and blocked by our proxy).. I like the Paypal option that CRC use, but I don't know the commercials behind it so it might be prohibitively expensive – knowing Paypal I'd guess this was true!

odannyboy
    Free Member

Well my tyres turned up yesterday (weds 25th) so thats three days! pretty good in my opinion!!
    cheers j e james!!

grumm
    Free Member

Never had a problem with em myself.

Paypal would be much more convenient though. And the google shopping/not in stock thing is very annoying!!!

proffarnsworth
    Free Member

hi how about mine?

ordered
    10:15pm on Wednesday 18th November, 2009.
    total =£48.83

campag bits and pieces?

cheers.

Feldo
    Free Member

I ordered various products 16/11 rom JEJ having used them before and to be fair, not had to wait too long, so all good to date. 10 days passed, radio silence…called, was told by an embarrased staff member that Muc Off stuff could not be sent by post because of leaks when in postal transit…the web site lets you buy the stuff and last time I looked, the likes of Wiggle sell and post it. So, questions…. why no communication during 2 working weeks to let me know? Why let me pay? Why actually let punters buy the stuff on line if you can't supply it? Only £20 but you've lost a customer as a result.

DezB
    Free Member

Lucky you, odannyboy. I was told Friday. Not seen them yet and today's ride was **** slippery!

proffarnsworth
    Free Member

Still no sign of my stuff 🙄 .

i guess the stuff that i ordered from CRC on the same day, and turned up a week ago came by a different royal mail!

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

prof can you give me you're order number, if someone hasn't already looked into the delivery of your goods i'll check it out now because that seem's a long time to wait for an order……

Cheers

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

Has your order turned up yet Dez????

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

@Feldo

What Muc Off product did you buy???

As you can see from the below link, it clearly states that MUC OFF can only be purchased instore. As far as i'm aware this information is on all MUC OFF products that are not allowed to be sold over the web.

If it's a case of the item you purchased didn't have this information on, firstly i'll apologise and secondly i'll get the manager of the Rotherham branch to call you and discuss what went wrong.

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/muc-off-1-litre-id18293.html

All the best & i look forward to your reply.

JEJ

DezB
    Free Member

jejamescycles.co.uk – Member
    Has your order turned up yet Dez???

Really want to know??

Well, I got an email to say it had been dispatched today. So Friday was wrong. 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

As you can see from the below link, it clearly states that MUC OFF can only be purchased instore

Have to ask : Why is it on the Website with a "Add to cart" button then?! Easy remedy!

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

Hey Dez,

I have just spoken to the manager who is going to look into this for you tomorrow.

It does seem a very hefty delay so i apologise.

All i know is that this product had a huge amount of back-orders to be addressed once the stock arrived which was wednesday and your order was unfortunately at the back of a very long line?

I hope this helps Dez.

Andy

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

I'll put forward you're query to our web master Dez.

JEJ

Feldo
    Free Member

@J E James, I ordered Muc Off disk brake cleaner and degreaser, neither of which have the delivery restrictions applicable as per the link you posted, or if they do, they certainly are not visible on your web site. The non Muc-Off product I ordered which was in stock was never sent either.

I'm not after a witch hunt, it's just a pain in the @rse when you sit around waiting for stuff to arrive for so two weeks, then have to go through the faff chasing and having to re order with Wiggle, who are marginally more expensive but IMO 100% reliable.

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

Feldo,

Having delved into this further for you, it was indeed an error by a member of staff as to why the order was not sent out.

The items you purchased had been picked and packed, but unfortunately were put on hold due to a member of staff mistakenly identifying your goods as items that fall under the MUC OFF category that cannot be sent out. There was then a break down in communication by this member of staff to inform our comms team of the issue hence the delay in contact.

Please be re-assured the member of staff in question has now received further training on procedures in house so this mistake does not happen again.

Sincere apologies for the mistake, if you would like a personal apology from the member of staff in question, please let me know and I’ll prompt the phone call.

All the best.

Andy

proffarnsworth
    Free Member

DG-1118-755847

grumm
    Free Member

Hi,

I'm waiting on DG-1124-759401 – can you confirm whether it's been sent yet?

Ta

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

Forwarded all relevant enquiries onto the manager of the Mail Order department who will look into each order accordingly.

All the best.

JEJ

Feldo
    Free Member

@J E James, Andy, thanks for the offer but I don't need a personal apology. What I was being told just didn't make any sense to me, I'm glad it wasn't me losing it! Hopefully you guys can learn from it as these hiccups put people off using you when there are very efficient alternative retailers out there in internet-land. I'll give you another shot next time if you've got what I'm after, fingers crossed.

DezB
    Free Member

I'll give you another shot next time if you've got what I'm after, fingers crossed

I might, if those tyres are waiting for me when I get home today.

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

Dez it left us on Monday via First Class Royal Mail – so fingers crossed!

JEJ

proffarnsworth
    Free Member

its now been 15 days (11 working days) since i ordered my parts and they have still not arrived.

what i find really strange is that the forward components bottom bracket i ordered 2 days before my jejames order arrives yesterday FROM CANADA!

really great work je james 👿

Sandwich

Only 15 days! I'm still waiting for some Pedros bio cleaner ordered in 2005/6 which hasn't arrived yet. Never used them again and won't in future. No reply to e-mail or phone, the most inept bunch ever.

toppers3933
    Free Member

i have dealt with their shop in chesterfield and have never dealt with a more inept bunch of muppets. i told the salesman more about the bike than he told me. i called them and asked whether a bike was in stock to be told yes, so went up to be told that the had not had one for a couple of weeks. was so disappointed i spent my 2grand somewhere else (and drove a hell of a long way to do so). i call in there if im passing just to have a look around but wouldnt buy anything from them. my local halfords know more.

DezB
    Free Member

Posted Monday 1st class… arrived Friday ❓ Doubtful I'll go there again.

(Stuff I'd ordered later in the week arrived sooner, so not the post)

walla24
    Free Member

lame, been waiting a while for my headset, got an email today to inform me it was out of stock 😥

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘whats j e james delivery times like?’ is closed to new replies.