Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What's it worth : Vintage Colagno Roadbike ediiton
  • Schweiz
    Free Member

I’ve always fancied a classic road bike. A colleague has offered me an old Colangno with Campy record groupset. Probably early 1980s.

I’ve only seen the photos below so far. I’d ride it a couple of times a year probably so don’t want to spend much. He’s not named a price so far but I fear that he sees it as a rare antiquity….

So, what would you pay for this? Any inputs appreciated.

Cheers
    Schweiz

wwaswas

*want*

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Paid £400 for a retro chrome colnago SLX with campag record gold anniversary groupset,…. 19 years ago! and that was a bargain back then!

flange
    Free Member

Erm – pay whatever he wants I’d say. Stick it on Ebay.de and make millions*

*possibly

sputnik
    Free Member

Offer him £500 .

wwaswas

this guy would probably have a fair idea of what it’s worth;

http://www.alltraxcycles.co.uk/index.php

Schweiz
    Free Member

He says he wants 600 Swiss Francs (£400)

I’ve just offered 400 Francs (£275). He’s thinking about it but I think I might have to up the offer a bit…

It is a bit of a looker. Need to replace the red pedals though.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

looks like its yours with a bit more haggling…. Enjoy! 😀

Schweiz
    Free Member

Can anyone identify the frame or date the bike from the groupset? It turns out it belonged to his Dad and he doesn’t know much about it. Hoping to tie him down today before he has time to trawl ebay.de at home tonight!

sputnik
    Free Member

I’m no expert but my guess would be Colnago Sport circa 1982.

sputnik
    Free Member

Did you get it ?

Schweiz
    Free Member

I did indeed!

It turned out that it’s a Colner, not a Colnago. Colner was a sub-brand of Colnago which they created to allow them to enter a second team in races. It doesn’t quite have the prestige (or probably quality) of the real deal but it’s still a lovely thing with plenty of pantographs and nice details. The original Nuovo Record groupset (1981!) is in pristine condition. The wheels run smooth and true.

It even has a name engraved on the stem (was covered with black tape in the pictures) which I have taken over. She’s called Bärbel.

I paid CHF400 (£275) which I think was a good deal. I’m going to clean it up, probably repaint some of the details (ie the pantographs, enjoy a few retro rides over the summer and then probably sell it on to some crazy Germans next Spring.

Cheers
    Schweiz

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What's it worth : Vintage Colagno Roadbike ediiton’ is closed to new replies.