• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by stox.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What's it worth .. Orange 5
  • stox
    Free Member

Anybody able to give a Ballpark figure for a 2008 orange 5 pro that needs some attention and money throwing at it?…

Owned from new. Just not being used.

It needs Fork / shock service / seals. Drivetrain. Cables. Plenty of marks from use but no major frame issues.

stevied
    Free Member

About £400?

br
    Free Member

£500?

Might depend on size too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    roverpig

Maybe £600 at a push, but probably a fair bit less than you were hoping I’m afraid.

I’ve got a 2013 model in the shed. Neon orange, tapered steerer, maxle rear end; everything you could want, except for slightly bigger wheels. Even then I don’t think it would fetch enough to be worth selling. There are just too many 26″ Fives on the market right now.

stox
    Free Member

It’s 18″. Chrome grey colour. I expected less given it needs some money spending on it and it’s age … And battle scars

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

roverpig – if its a 17″ and available as a frame only I might be interested

cokie

Davey- 20” I’m afraid. More info

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

It depends how many drawers is got, and whether the locks still work.

stox
    Free Member

Maybe £600 at a push, but probably a fair bit less than you were hoping I’m afraid.

I was thinking £250 ish so for once it’s more than i was expecting !

600 seems a stretch tho

craig24
    Free Member

17″ seem to always sell for more, at least they do when your looking to buy.

poah
    Free Member

put it on ebay and hope for the best. doubt it would see more than £250

scuttler

I got £650 for a 2008 5S in very rideable condition last year. Forks and shock probably would’ve benefited from a service but the bike was reasonably if not obsessively maintained and had a Gravity Dropper and Hope Pro IIs, BB and Mono Minis on it (all last forever).

With that in mind and the fact that, the limits imposed by the headset on newer forks and the lack of bolt through I’d suggest around £400 if it’s in need of some work.

Creg

I could be interested if you decide to part with it.

stox
    Free Member

Thanks Scuttler.

Creg – the bike is in my parents spare room from when I moved house before Xmas … I’ll give it a once-over tmrw.
    If you might be interested feel free to drop me a PM

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What's it worth .. Orange 5’ is closed to new replies.