Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What’s it worth ?
  • Premier Icon dave661350
    Free Member

My daughter has a Litespeed CX bike, probably 15 yrs old but VGC …but 15 yrs old so canti brakes etc. What does the collective reckon it would be worth ? Retro bike or not quite old enough so Ebay ? (She got it 2nd hand 8 years ago so won’t be too offended by ‘worth f### all’ comments.

Premier Icon alanl
    Free Member

£100 normally, but advertise it as a gravel bike, and some nutter will pay £200.

Premier Icon johnners
    Free Member

advertise it as a gravel bike, and some nutter will pay £200

See if you can manage to shoehorn “bikepacking” and “adventure” into the ad too.

Premier Icon andrewh
    Free Member

Ali or Ti?

Premier Icon Aidy
    Free Member

It’s still a titanium frame though, so I’d have thought it would be worth… some.

Premier Icon HughStew
    Free Member

I sold a 14 year old titanium road bike for over £900. It did have a decent Ultegra groupset, and maybe road bike tech hasn’t changed that much, apart from disc brakes.

Edit. This was last summer in the lockdown induced bike buying frenzy

Premier Icon dave661350
    Free Member

Titanium, Ultegra, Mavic Ksirium wheels. She’ll take a punt on ebay and see what happens

Premier Icon alanl
    Free Member

I sold a decent 15yo CX bike 2 years ago, well, actually gave it away, as it wouldnt sell.
    Nice Empella frame, 9×2 speed Campag, looked really smart. Offered at £100, no interest at all.
    The OH was in hospital, a Nurse had had her bike stolen that day, I offered her this bike, I put road tyres on it,she thought it was great, so smooth compared to her old bike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.