Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • What’s it like going on holiday in Middlesborough with gout?
  • footflaps

Following on from a certain other thread, I feel there a gap in our collective knowledge we have to fill…

fazzini

Grim.

theotherjonv

The gout takes your mind off being in Middlesborough.

matt_outandabout

What’s it like going on holiday in Middlesborough with gout?

Probably better than holidaying in Cumbernauld with diarrhoea.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Guy Gibson busted the dams with gout.

longdog
    Free Member

The parmo’s are good, but probably not for gout 🤣

Other than that…erm…. The dinosaurs at Teesaurus park, the Transporter bridge, and Stewart’s park?

reeksy

If the bathroom of the B&B I stayed in last time I holidayed in Middlesborough is anything to go by I recommend taking grout instead.

matt_outandabout

I recommend taking grout instead.

That seals it for me.

martinhutch

Going on Holiday in Middlesborough with Groot?

Harry_the_Spider

I’d stay in Whitby and drive in.

Harry_the_Spider

Guy Gibson busted the dams with gout.

And 5 tonnes of high explosives. But mostly gout.

tomlevell

You’ve stumbled into North Yorkshire though there…

reeksy

That seals it for me.

I Tees that up for you 🤣

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Middlesbrough is in North Yorkshire, the Tees is the boundary. And ~40min by bike from the town center so I think they just about count?

fasthaggis

Stay away from the port,don’t wear tight shoes or kick any cat haters.
    Leave it as you found it.

kayak23

Gout, gout, let it all out.
    These are the things STW talks about.
    Come on

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Middlesbrough is in North Yorkshire

Only the ceremonial county, not the administrative one.

Of course, it doesn’t really matter, using those photos up there to say Middlesborough is nice is a bit like trying to sell Bradford city centre on the view from cow and calf or Leicester with Rutland water.

devash
    Free Member

Its Middlesbrough not Middlesborough, although someone in the passport office made the same mistake too while processing my passport.

stevehine

As a native of smogland; I both love and hate the place. The town (or at least parts of it) are terrible; I still have flashbacks to having a crash whilst commuting and being more worried about being stopped in the area I was in than the snapped teeth and blood coming out. I was back for a visit recently; and it’s somehow worse and better than I remember it at the same time.

I’m with Mr NotSpoon though. It’s all about the surrounding area; Saltburn, Gt Ayton, Stokesley and the hills beyond. I love the area; dislike the town 😀

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

dislike the town

True of pretty much everyone in the NE who’s not a geordie isn’t it?

tomlevell

Middlesbrough is in North Yorkshire, the Tees is the boundary. And ~40min by bike from the town center so I think they just about count?

Oof how to start a fight.

As a resident originally from North of the Tees I’m NOT from County Durham. As a current resident South of the Tees I’m NOT in North Yorkshire (just mind). I’m from and in Cleveland! Ok ok that officially went away many years ago so maybe it’s all just Teesside. I dunno anyway don’t come here it’s rubbish…

matt_outandabout

How is going on holiday to Macclesfield with a goat?

reeksy

Better than Mansfield in a boat

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

But not as good as Wales with a moat.

As a resident originally from North of the Tees I’m NOT from County Durham. As a current resident South of the Tees I’m NOT in North Yorkshire (just mind).

As a native of Lancashire, you’re all just plain wrong anyway.

It’s all about the surrounding area; Saltburn, Gt Ayton, Stokesley and the hills beyond. I love the area; dislike the town

The first ever package holiday was to Saltburn on the railway IIRC?

Which, irrelevant of gout, makes Middlesbrough (or technically Darlington, but let’s assume the train stopped to pick up passengers) the first place people would pay a lump sum to be taken away from on holiday.

ads678

Anyone been to Kettering with a stoat?

Edit: we seem to have moved away from rhyming gout. So how about Wolverhampton with trout??

politecameraaction
    Free Member

It’s better than being in Brighton with strep throat

scaredypants

Q: What’s it like going on holiday in Middlesborough ?

A: gout

reeksy

You can take the Borough out of Middlesbrough*… but you can’t take out the gout.
    *unless you’re in Middlesboro, Kentucky where you can only take out the ‘ugh’ which on reflection may not be such a bad idea.

CountZero

@thisisnotaspoon– You’re not wrong, that looks bloody awful, I’d definitely want to not go there! 😁

eatmorepizza
    Free Member

I grew up in Middlesbrough, well, technically Middlesbrough but lived an equal distance from Boro to Guisborough so only really seen the worst of it when I was at College and Uni and on nights out in the town.

I live around Saltburn these days and couldn’t tell you the last time I went into Middlesbrough. There isn’t really a lot to offer unless you’re wanting food or drinks but if you’ve got gout I imagine that’s not on your agenda 😀

There’s lots to see and do around the area, NY Moors, Highcliffe Nab and Roseberry topping which are situated around Guisborough woods which is pretty decent for a ride around oh and Captain Cooks monument. Saltburn has the old school tram lifts and a nice pier, there’s a good but pricey steakhouse there also. Redcar for the lemontop ice creams but that’s all Redcar literally has to offer. Staithes and Whitby aren’t too far away which are nice for a day out. There’s Sutton Bank area which has a nice circular walk with views and some mtb trails, there’s also the take off point for a gliding club up there.
    Lovely drive out to Helmsley market town with a great butchers, there’s a castle there also. There is also the old railway line from Grosmont which if you time it right you can ride on the steam train to whitby.
    The Kirkleatham Museum in redcar is pretty good actually, it has on display a saxon princess doohickey which has some fancy artefacts they’ve found in the area, also the linthorpe Museum in middlesbrough is worth a short visit, a longer one if you’re interested in Christopher Dresser pottery.
    There is a nice walk around Clay Bank just outside of Stokesley where there are some ancient rock carvings if you do a circular route around the top near the Wainstones but beware of the cows.
    Towards Osmotherley area is Cod Beck reservoir which is a nice walk, the village is quaint and if it’s up your street Thimbleby Clay Pigeon shooting ground is just outside which is one of the nicest clay grounds in the North East.
    If you were into watching heartbeat you can wander over near goathland not far from whitby where a lot of that was filmed, they’ve even got the old police car parked up outside, and there’s Falling Foss waterfall walking trail nearby but isn’t very active in summer.

That’s most of what I can think of, besides that there is the usual stuff around Middlesbrough, restaurants, industrial based history things, public parks, activities like axe throwing mini golf etc

funkrodent

The Kirkleatham Museum in redcar is pretty good actually, it has on display a saxon princess doohickey

Now that is surely a reason to go, gout notwithstanding. Apart from that young lady on only fans (and on reflection I’m not convinced that she was as princess as she claimed) I’ve never seen a real princess’ doohickey

sirromj

So in summary going on holiday to Middlesborough with gout is better than sitting around discussing learning about us wot people on other forums say about us politics 😂

gordimhor

It could be worse you could be in Sunderland

reeksy

… with stout?

DrJ

There’s lots to see and do around the area,

Yes there is (grew up in Gbro and many relatives in Boro) but Middlesbrough is a terrible base to see them from. Bit like going to London and choosing to stay in Tottenham as a base to go to the theatre and museums.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Well I thought this was an ideal question for our AI friends:

Is it possible to go on holiday to Middlesbrough with gout in a boat with a goat?

It doesn’t think it’s a feasible choice, sadly.

Going on holiday to Middlesbrough with gout in a boat with a goat would present significant challenges and may not be feasible or practical. Middlesbrough is an inland city located in Northeast England, with no direct access to the sea. Therefore, navigating to Middlesbrough by boat would not be a typical or convenient mode of transportation.

Additionally, bringing a goat along on a boat trip, especially for a holiday in a city setting, would pose several logistical and legal complications. It is important to consider local regulations, transportation restrictions, and the well-being of the goat itself. Many accommodations, attractions, and public spaces may not be suitable or allowed for animals.

It is advisable to consult with relevant authorities, such as local tourism offices, boat operators, or transportation authorities, to determine if it is possible to bring a goat on a boat and if any special arrangements or permits would be required.

Given the challenges and limitations of this particular scenario, it may be more practical to consider alternative options for your holiday in Middlesbrough, focusing on accommodations, transportation, and activities that are suitable for your gout condition while adhering to any regulations regarding the transportation of animals.

tomlevell

Ai needs to learn about rivers clearly.

theotherjonv

Maybe that’s its blind spot, like stairs and Daleks. So we can avoid AI wiping us out if we can just keep all inland waterways out of its consciousness, and when the apocalypse comes just all live in canal boats.

sirromj

Ask it about ”beating around the bush in Adelaide with AI”.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.