Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Whats is that? (mercedes)
  • bukobuko
    Free Member

that thing on the side
    car

bikebouy
    Free Member

It isn’t an indicator is it ? An optional extra that only gets fitted to one side of the car ?

Or a skirt lifter.

qwerty
    Free Member

Taxi drivers ariel?

Richie_B

Its for the diplomatic flag

dissonance

Flag holder? For a mayors or some such official car?
    Or a semi covert sight for a rocket launcher.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Aiming sight to assist in knocking over cyclists

dirkpitt74

Old fashioned parking sensor – when it moves you’ve hit the wall….

RoterStern
    Free Member

All big cars used to have them in Taiwan when I lived there but on both sides. It was because the Chinese people are so small they couldn’t see over the bonnet. I shit you not!

molgrips
    Free Member

I love the idea that Mercedes might have a flag holder as a factory option 🙂

IdleJon

All big cars used to have them in Taiwan when I lived there but on both sides. It was because the Chinese people are so small they couldn’t see over the bonnet. I shit you not!

Good idea but wouldn’t it be more useful at the very front corner of the car?

Nico
    Free Member

It’s a dipstick. Or is that the driver. Maybe it’s the sensor to detect when to open and close the vents on the bumper when the fog lights overheat from continual use.

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s a corner marker. It doesn’t really matter how tall you are (within reason) because 1) seats are height adjustable 2) you can’t see the very edge of the corner anyway.

I’m not surprised it’s an import (based on the strange square UK spec front plate) as things like this usually make MOT testers all frowny.

These sorts of things are popular in places where ‘more is more’ is fashionable and subtly isn’t.

bigyan
    Free Member

Parking pole or bumper pole, very JDM.

fasthaggis

Is it the ariel for atonomous driving or used to beat the peasants back in the Waitrose carpark?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Upskirt shot gimble.

fasthaggis

Along with courgettes,upskirt shot gimbles are banned 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

Along with courgettes,upskirt shot gimbles are banned

….. especially in the same photo.

globalti
    Free Member

Diplomatic flagstaff.

aP
    Free Member

When we had a mazda Bongo Friendee it had a motorised telescopic corner marker with a little green light.
    That Benz is not a thing of beauty is it? As an owner of a S205…

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

You’re all wrong. It’s for locating the car in a car park. There would usually be a huge ball of string on that – it’s a spool. Simply exit the car and grab the string, hence leaving a trail right back to the car after a trip to the shops.

andyl
    Free Member

Looks like the fast AMG model

but yeah, needs that corner marker taking off and a proper number plate fitting quickly. wouldnt look to bad then.

With that much power and in white you could do a German remake of the Taxi films.

johndoh
    Free Member

I wonder if this man has one of those aerials on his car?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47128670

Nico
    Free Member

These sorts of things are popular in places where ‘more is more’ is fashionable and subtly isn’t.

My brain hurts.

Mister-P
    Free Member

When posting links like that you can remove the question mark and everything after it like this –

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Seiko-Japan-EW-15-Safety-Bumper-Guard-Corner-Antenna-Pole-Light-Universal-Car-/292341394708

Doesn’t that look much more neat and tidy?

CountZero

@Mister P – thank you for your kind instructions, it was something about which I was completely unaware, having used the Internet for years, nineteen on here.
    “Doesn’t that look much more neat and tidy?”
    Yes, but it also comes across as condescending and patronising.

mechanicaldope

Mister P

When posting links like that you can remove the question mark and everything after it like this –

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Seiko-Japan-EW-15-Safety-Bumper-Guard-Corner-Antenna-Pole-Light-Universal-Car-/292341394708

Doesn’t that look much more neat and tidy?

I prefer the original

Edit: **** hell! You can quote someone’s name now and it doesn’t add a million lines of html or whatever it was anymore. Is this forum finally usable?

BurnBob
    Free Member

Looks like a genuine W211 E63. Beast of a car. 6.2litre engine. 0-60 in 4 seconds. Produced from 2006 onwards.

Cougar

it was something about which I was completely unaware, having used the Internet for years, nineteen on here.

And yet you still chose to post a URL ten lines long?

wrightyson
    Free Member

That would last all of a week parked on the streets, soon be adorning some students bedroom especially with it having the little Merc badge atop.

reedspeed
    Free Member

selfy stick

Mister-P
    Free Member

@Mister P – thank you for your kind instructions, it was something about which I was completely unaware, having used the Internet for years, nineteen on here.

Then this will blow your mind

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Whats is that? (mercedes)’ is closed to new replies.