Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What's involved in converting 2-step Lyriks to u-turn coil? (2008 model)
  • Northwind

The Big Cheese was good enough to sort out his old/my new Lyriks for me when the 2-step blew up but tbh I still don’t trust them, and I’ve just signed up for the no fuss endurance dh event next year which is pretty much abuse on a stick. So, thinking of a coil conversion while the going’s good and my new 2010-spec 2-step internals are still new and functional. So… Anyone know what bits I need?

The u-turn spring assembly is easy enough to find… I think I’d also need the fork top stuff ie the dial and springs. Anything else?

Mugboo

Northwind – an apology/admission from me regarding my DX torch and how long the light lasts.

Turns out i’m an idiot & because it fades rather than goes out i hadn’t realised i should change the battery halfway through the ride!

Good look with the forks, are they going on your Hemlock?

Northwind

Cheers Liftman! Wasn’t sure about the topout spring, there’s some misinformation on that one out there. Much appreciated.

Mugboo, no worries! These are in the Hemlock just now, along with a 2 degree Works Components head angle reducer, which by rights should make it a barge but seems to really suit it- I built it up like that for an uplift day but it’s still fun on XC duties. Just a bit heavier :mrgreen: Which is good cos the old forks are going in my Mmmbop.

Hemlocks make decent pocket downhill bikes 😉 And when you’re as slow as me you don’t need more :mrgreen:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What's involved in converting 2-step Lyriks to u-turn coil? (2008 model)’ is closed to new replies.