Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • What’s inexplicably missing from your memory
  • senorj

Most of the late 80’s,90’s and some of the 2000’s!

Sometimes whilst cycling I can forget where I am. Totally lost for a split second despite knowing exactly where I am.

maccruiskeen

I know I lived in Edinburgh for a year or so. But I can’t figure out exacty where.

mariner
    Free Member

My memory is so good I even remember things that never happened.

CountZero

Huge amounts, most of it inconsequential, so no great loss, really.

metalheart
    Free Member

There’s a couple of minutes missing from Friday 17th July 87.

i was heading along the road on my brothers motorbike heading towards “whiskey throttle“ and there’s this slight corner coming up fast and I can’t turn the bike, thinking ‘oh shit’…

…and im standing up at the side of the road, helmet in my hand, things aren’t quite right and there’s blood starting to run down my arm.

I mean I know what happened, I just can’t remember it.

funkmasterp

Massive bits of the 90’s

Thankfully there were no camera phones in those days, so I’m unlikely to ever be forced into remembering it either.

Same as neil

ChrisL

I had Meningitis when I was 5. I remember being in hospital, the room, its general layout and contents, the boredom, they toy my parents bought me, not liking bed baths and stuff like that. Until speaking to my parents about it a few years ago I had absolutely no idea that I was getting lumbar punctures for it, in fact I have no memory whatsoever of the treatment I received (or even of feeling unwell). All I remember is being a bit bored and stuck in a room rather than on a ward.

It’s hardly inexplicable as I imagine a 5 year old really doesn’t want to remember anything like lumbar punctures but it is rather odd how I remember the general event fairly well but I have completely blanked out one set of significant details.

About 10 years ago I had a weird moment at work, where it felt like my mind had reset. I don’t feel like I’d lost anything but what I’d been working on minutes before suddenly felt like an old memory, not something current. It was very unsettling.

cyclingwilly’s experience sounds horrible. 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘What’s inexplicably missing from your memory’ is closed to new replies.