Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • What's in your Christmas Eve glass, then?
  • SaxonRider

My son has just brought me a tall Advocaat with lemonade.

It’s a bit of alright. 🙂

nedrapier

Malbec here.

tenfoot

Port and brandy.

Sure to give me a heavy head tomorrow, but what the heck.

slparsons
    Free Member

I’ve partaken of a couple of Baileys laden Latte’s this afternoon as a starter.

Daffy

A 2010 Planella for me.

cinnamon_girl

Nowt til the sun is over the yard.

aP
    Free Member

I was going to have a couple of pints in my local with some friends but after standing at the bar for well over 10 minutes waiting and then them serving people who’d got to the bar after me I’m now drinking a Dead Pony Club at home before moving on in a bit to a bottle of red over tea.

fadda

I’m at my lovely sister’s house for Chrimble, looking forward to being royally looked after.

Just been given a glass of wine before my home-cooked ham tea, and it’s cheap, medium-sweet horror.

My sister’s lovely, but what the actual…

Drac

Mulled cider for now Port soon.

breadcrumb

I’ve a selection of ales to sample, it’s great working over the road from a bottling company!

Kuco

Thornbridge Jaipur

Rubber_Buccaneer

Advocaat with lemonade.

I shall maybe have a snowball too but prefer a shot of brandy and bitter lemon instead of lemonade in mine. Ah, happy childhood memories, that’s when the drinking started 🙂

DrJ

Crossbill and Fever Tree here 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Whiskey, Laphroiag (sp) some special cask Waitrose had on offer.

I name this years Xmas a,Whiskey Xmas.

Hic.

chip
    Free Member

Having a turkey Xmas dinner with all the trimming at my mums right now so no alcohol as I have to drive home, but once I get home later it will be bushmills and water.

tonyg2003

Zinfadel at the moment but definitely Malbec next!

Alex

Spitfire gold. A decent Malbec I’ve somehow managed to save once the cheese comes out.

slowoldman

A glass or two of brandy while I make dinner (well I forgot to put the Manzanilla in the fridge). Could get messy.

vickypea
    Free Member

tea, since I want to reduce my chances of having a migraine tomorrow!

Kryton57

A couple of beers done, 10yo Tawny Port was decanted a couple hours ago and awaits the cheese selection to join it once the kids go to bed.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

A pint of Shropshire Gold from one of those modern Party Seven contraptions. Once I’d read the instructions I managed to get beer rather than froth…

Had a jolly nice Malbec last night that my folks brought down from Aldi (or could have been Lidl).

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Ginger Maria. (or could be Tia Beer!)

Sounds rubbish but tastes fantastic! Ginger Beer and Tia Maria over ice. Cant get enough! hic!

wallop

I’m slowly working my way through a bottle of sherry I bought for the trifle!

chewkw
    Free Member

Taylor port for the next few days then Cockburns port … 😀

grahamt1980

Will soon be a glass of 1965 single estate Taylors port i picked up in the wine society earlier. I hope it will be every bit as good as it cost.
    Glass will be raised to my departed dad on his grandsons first xmas

cheviots
    Free Member

A bottle of Savours – Dubbel, to be followed by a Wiper & True – Plum Pudding Porter.

rOcKeTdOg

https://www.instagram.com/p/_r5aTGLGBE/ preceeded by “Worcestershire Way” by Bewdley brewery

onlysteel
    Free Member

Sipsmith sloe gin

zippykona

Lemsip.

ads678

Bro in law got a barrel from down the road.

http://www.brasserieduquercorb.com/button-our-classic-collection.html

Jabali, biere d’hiver. we’ve got 80 pints to get through!!

edhornby

Not decided but probably whisky tonight and crack the seal on the barica aged grappa from FiL tomorrow

cloudnine
    Free Member

Water. This week long food poisoning has left me somewhat incapable of drinking anything but water and only very bland food. Its going to be torture tomorrow.

everyone
    Free Member

Onto the third bottle of champagne (shared between Mum and Girlfriend!) already. We’ll carry on like this until boxing day.

Cletus

Wadsworth Swordfish here

“A unique blend of Wadworth beer and Pusser’s Navy Rum. Brewed to support the 100 year anniversary of the Fleet Air Arm, but now available all year due to its growing popularity. With a gentle rum aroma and dark, unrefined sugar adding a rich smoothness, it is a full-bodied, deep copper coloured ale with a base of crystal malt and delicate Fuggles and Goldings hops. A very nice pint!”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kicking off with….

And, for later, some finery from the nice folks at Red Cat Brewing.

Denis99
    Free Member

Timothy Taylor Landlord

I believe I shall have another very soon as well.

geoffj

Lemsip

Possibly a snifter of Talisker Storm later, but I wish I’d bought a bottle of port.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I could pick any of the cognacs or whiskeys on the shelf, maybe a nice IPA but no I’m on the Lensip’s too.

DavidB
    Free Member

Tequila

peasant
    Free Member

Just sampling some real ales from the Leighton Buzzard brewery ,I did buy them as a present 😳

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘What's in your Christmas Eve glass, then?’ is closed to new replies.