Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What’s in Muc Off?
  • anlegov
    Free Member

I just bought some Muc Off Nano Tech Bike Cleaner for 7 quid from CRC. Does anyone know what stuff Muc Off use to make this cleaner. Despite the chuckle-inducing “nano”, it must be some pretty cheap and simple components – easily available down in the lab, perhaps?

Come on chemists out there – spill!

lunge

Not sure what it is but i do know i used a very similar substance to clean dead flies off the front of car when i worked for a rental company. I would have thought a motor supplier may be able to offer something similar for cheaper.

MrNutt
    Free Member

the tears of the innocents?

geminafantasy
    Free Member

Spray Isopropyl alcohol on your bike, certainly cheaper, just don’t do it by candlelight!

scraprider
    Free Member

small poeple with a sponge

nasher
    Free Member

a lot of marketing

Spook
    Free Member

Its just traffic film remover/truck wash we get 25 ltrs of tfr for 12 quid at my work, its available online for a similar price.
    Just add a bit of water and it works a treat.

anlegov
    Free Member

Traffic film remover eh! OK, will try and get some of that next time. Thanks.

bomberman
    Free Member

anyone know where i can get a few litres of TFR without paying 8 quid for postage? do they sell it at halfords or motor garages? We used to use it at work for valeting second hand beamers, you should see what it does to an engine in conjunction with a jet-wash! I should think it it eats bearing grease though. where can i get me some (checked on ebay and its all high PnP)?

rockmount
    Free Member

Fenwicks caravan cleaner ..

Here>>

rich-6
    Free Member

You’l have to be careful though, One of my work colleagues washed his bike at work with TFR and it did his anodising no good at all

_daveR
    Free Member

TFR’s come in varying levels of strength so you need to be careful with what you use.

Someone like http://www.autosmart.co.uk may be worth speaking to.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What’s in Muc Off?’ is closed to new replies.