Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What’s in a name spelling?
  • mattvanders
    Free Member

In the last year I have purchased a house and am in the process of carrying out extension work that requires a party wall act to be signed. We spoke with the son that lives at the property (but isn’t a part owner of the property) for the full names of his parents to address the documents to. After getting the document signed it was noted that the parents had both signed and printed their names slightly differently to what the son had told us. They are an Asian family which I know from discussing with my Asian friends that it’s quiet a common thing to do to hide assets or wealth. I have since bought the dead’s for the house and looked on line at other open source information on the property and a number of different spelt but same names have been used (planning permission, businesses etc)

The things i’m only interested in is my document still legally binding if the name is different – I mean I could spell my name as Mat or Matt or Matthew, only one is correct

scotroutes

Were the signatures witnessed by a third party?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

They are an Asian family which I know from discussing with my Asian friends that it’s quiet a common thing to do to hide assets or wealth.

Fraudulent behaviour? I’d get that sorted asap before you go any further. Speak to a lawyer not a bunch of cyclists.

mattvanders
    Free Member

Nope, we originally looked to go through a surveyor for the party wall agreement but as they company we was looking into to produce the document said they was legally obliged to let us know that we could use the government template which would meet the requirements we did it ourselves. In the temple and additional literature there is no requirement for wittiness for the document. I will be going to citizen advice as well but wanted to make I wasn’t sound made or storkage

thols2

I have since bought the dead’s for the house

Skeleton’s in the closet?

mattvanders
    Free Member

Dyslexia coming through there – deeds

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.