Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whats happened to my Freesat signal
  • richmtb

Bit of a head scratcher this one.

I’ve got no Freesat signal on the TV. Its a 6 month old Samsung TV and it has a satelite and a standard aerial feed. I’d been using Freesat since i got it after ditching Sky.

From yesterday I’ve had no signal on Freesat, immediately I thought it was maybe the dish due to it being a bit wild but all the Samsung Plus channels, which are also satellite, work with no issues.

Its not really a big deal, I just tuned the TV using the aerial feed instead and I think I’m missing zero channels I would actually watch on the rare occasion that i actually watch anything broadcast live.

But not knowing why its not working is bugging me!

tomparkin

Working from one end of the signal chain to the other:

* the broadcast is no more (Astra 28.2 has gone away, the uplink isn’t working)
    * there’s something stopping your box see the signal (e.g. rain fade, trees, etc)
    * your dish is wonky, there’s something awry with the LNB
    * your cabling to the TV is borked
    * the TV receivers are somehow damaged
    * there’s some sort of software fault stopping the TV decoding or playing the content

The first two we can probably discount, assuming there’s nothing in front of your dish that wasn’t there before when things were working.

Given that you mentioned the wild weather I’d be concentrating on the stuff that’s outside. Assuming there hasn’t been a software update for the TV, that’s probably the most likely source of the problem I’d guess.

If you’ve got a signal-strength type page on the TV you might be able to play with parameters to see exactly what is working and what is not, and work from there?

Cougar

* your dish is wonky,

Would be my guess, Storm Brenda and all that. I wouldn’t put 100% faith in “I can get some channels but not others” as any sort of reliable indicator to rule that out.

Are you certain that the Samsung channels are over the satellite link and not coming off your broadband connection (assuming it’s connected)?

cranberry
    Free Member

It is the wind.

Drac

Press scroll to the top left corner check to see if Freesat channels is selected on the filter.

richmtb

Thanks guys. I actually think the TV is lying to me and the Samsung channels are actually over IP rather than satellite.

Which means wonky dish is the likely culprit.

I’ll fix it at the weekend if its stopped blowing a hoolie

thelordhumungous
    Free Member

We had no signal for 2 days a couple of weeks ago, was a weather thing apparently, was reported a little on BBC but didn’t seem to be widely communicated. North Nottingham area. All came back as normal eventually, although I was convinced something critical had happened and the government were jamming the signal! Digital radio still seems a bit ropey round here though since then.

Drac

Oooops! Back home now and gave you duff advice. The filter needs to be on TV.

nick1962
    Free Member

Lost my Freesat signal last big storm.Dish had remained in the right position and leads looked ok.Lifted the plastic connector junction thingy on the dish and the lead inside had actually become detached.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whats happened to my Freesat signal’ is closed to new replies.