Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • What's good to eat when youve got the squits?
  • skiprat
    Free Member

When i was in hospital (after 4-5 days of the sh#ts) i was told white food. Bread, pasta, rice and spuds. Nothing on any of it, just as it comes. This and plenty of water. Then add scrambled egg.

Also try a yakult (full fat not the light stuff). This will help rebuild the bacteria in the stomach and should help you out. We even give this to our dog when he has the runs. Vet said its the best thing for them.

KonaTC

As an example, if someone does not wash their hands after going to the toilet and opens the toilet door any viruses or bacteria on their hands will be transferred to the door which you have to use to get out of the toilet…..

Ok here goes, someone manages to get infected faeces on their hands whilst wiping their bottom. They don’t wash their hands and then leaves the toilet leaving traces of faeces on the door handle (or any other surface in the vicinity).

You use the toilet, wash your hands and then open the door with your clean hand/s. With me so far?

Given that Diarrhoea is mainly spread when bacteria found in faeces is transferred to your mouth, if you are unlucky enough to get Diarrhoea it’s most likely to be because you have managed to get someone else’s poo gets in your mouth. Still with me?

So with your clean hands you wipe/rub your mouth, eat an apple/sweets/sandwich, chew the end of a pencil you picked up. Penny droped?

so if you have the squits its because your body is trying to get rid of some thing nasty

At this point you realise some thing nasty is someone elses poo 🙄

Taking a tablet that makes you keep the nastyness inside is just not good.

Here you realise that taking a tablet is keeping someone else’s poo inside you longer 🙄

Lunchtime over TTFN

PS Thanks for the entertainment 😆

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Full English, has an incredible calming effect on dicky tums.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mogrim

Here you realise that taking a tablet is keeping someone else’s poo inside you longer

Presumably by the same sciency theory you have there, drinking water is drinking someone else’s wee? The original faecal matter you may or may not have ingested will have long gone (I’d have thought – although I’ll be the first to admit I’m not a poo scientist…)

And you still haven’t answered the question (nor has anyone): does taking imodium slow down your getting better?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Ambrosia Rice Pudding

thehustler
    Free Member

A good hot curry, kill or cure!!

headpotdog
    Free Member

Picolax should help to get it all out of your system!! 😈

Picolax

jfletch
    Free Member

Cured my week long trots anyhow.

It’s fairly likely that the trotts cured themselves as they tend to do after that long. It’s just that eating your weird rice concoction just coincided with the end.

Correlation doesn’t equal causation.

brakes
    Free Member

does taking imodium slow down your getting better?

DOES TAKING IMODIUM SLOW DOWN YOUR GETTING BETTER?
    (incase he’s hard of hearing)

Andy_B

Bisto gravy powder. Take 2 tablespoons then jump up and down for 3 minutes. you will then be able to slice (crimp) rather than pour (squirt).

KonaTC

By the power of the tin-ter-web

http://www.nhs.uk/medicine-guides/pages/MedicineOverview.aspx?condition=Diarrhoea&medicine=imodium&preparationImodium%201mg/5ml%20syrup

and brought to you by the NHS

“Imodium is used to treat symptoms of diarrhoea. It slows down muscle movements in the gut which leads to more water being absorbed from stools. The stools become firmer and are passed less frequently.”

So taking Imodium it would appear speeds up you getting better, by slowing down your bodies desire to flush out someone else’s poo (please see earlier post about how managed to get someone else’s poo in your body in the first place) firming up your own and someone else’s poo allowing you to absorb more of the water.

As for your proposition

drinking water is drinking someone else’s wee?

I can see your point, a bit, but water from taps in the UK is treated with chemicals, etc before it arrives at a tap near you; as opposed to fresh faecal mater on a toilet door handle (or other surface) near you!

So to recap:

It appears that taking Imodium doesn’t slow down your getting better? It just keeps someone else’s s#!t£ in you longer.

cnud
    Free Member

The 24hr starve / not eating during is old advice, current guidelines are to eat small meals whenever you feel up to it avoiding, fatty or spicy stuff. Eat rice, bread and plain stuff etc whilst drinking plenty of fluids.

KonaTC

brakes – Member

does taking imodium slow down your getting better?

DOES TAKING IMODIUM SLOW DOWN YOUR GETTING BETTER?
    (incase he’s hard of hearing)

Tinnitus isn’t funny, trust me!

brassneck

I heard apples were good for digestive issues, something to co with the fibre and pectin?

But with proper cataclysmic trots, time is the healer. Certainly not noticed Immodium et al making it last any longer which is the implication from the above, more it shuts things down long enough that you might get some sleep and ride out the worst of it.

project
    Free Member

Tinned rice pudding, and bananas stop the camps quitwe well, but turn your deposits white,

bob_summers

Hair of t’dog that bit ya. Since someone else’s poo made you sick, it will also make you better.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/human-biology/fecal-transplant.htm

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m starting to think that it really makes no difference. Whatever goes in, it’s back out within the hour.

Might as well make the most of it and eat all the unhealthy crap that I normally try to steer clear of.

stealthcat

Avoid wholegrain/wholewheat and anything with any flavour. Try something like ready made melba toast if you can’t face cooking plain rice yet.

almightydutch
    Free Member

My trick for god knows how many years has been Coco Pops!

Don’t know why but it works for me.

Kona, you’re a happy chappy aren’t you. All the people I know who are OCD about bacteria and germs etc are the ones who get ill the most often. Are you helping yourself by being so clean? (I do wash my hands after a poo though)

deluded
    Free Member

I’m in the grip of something horrendous – not sure whether it’s food poisoning (dodgy pate) or virus based (my mum was wiped out for 48 hours, but with different symptoms).

My wife spoke to the Pharmacist who recommended ‘flat’ Lucozade or Ribena over just water. That way the gut can absorb some sugar.

Yesterday I progressed from a slice of toast to a small bowl of rice and two apples.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Deluded, day 4 for me. Nearly blew me off the toilet last night.

I’ve had 2 pieces of toast in that time. I’m not vomiting anymore though.

Surely it’s got to let up soon.

Houns

Immodium
    Diarolyte
    Water
    Strachey foods like bread or pasta, avoid anything fatty/spicy

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Diarrhoea/Pages/Treatment.aspx

It’s what I advise patients daily

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“Imodium is used to treat symptoms of diarrhoea. It slows down muscle movements in the gut which leads to more water being absorbed from stools. The stools become firmer and are passed less frequently.”

Ah but thats where you need to be careful though. Nastyness inside then you need to get it out. This is referring to irritable bowl, when you have had the squits for a while your body actually kind of cant stop, so then tablets may help.

Strangely the latest research (that is actually being implemented in hospitals) is to give people with Norovirus poo from people that are healthy. Im not sure if this is in tablet form, smoothy etc etc, but apparently it DOES work 😯

joshvegas
    Free Member

This is a fascinating lunchtime read!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Joshvagas, I wish I was a solid as the stuff on the left hand side of the bowl. Stuff to the right feels like an unobtainable fantasy. 😥

RoterStern
    Free Member

I was told by my doctor to avoid dairy (apart form natural yoghurt which contains ‘good’ bacteria to counteract the bad stuff in your guts). Germans swear by salt sticks; they are dry and contain salt to replenish lost salts. Personally I prefer to avoid any food for a few days and just sip liquids (water of camomile tea)

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Can I eat plain digestives? I really need some salt and sugar in me.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I was craving digestives yesterday. Wife came back with some salt crackers and some sort of ginger biscuit claiming that ginger was good for an upset stomach.

Just something I can hold onto for full hour would be good though.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Same as the home alone thread.
    Coke horse and prawn

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I have watched 39 episodes of Sons of Anarchy, 45 minute episodes and I have to stop at least 3 times per show.

It’s unbelievable.

Crell
    Free Member

Do I have to eat the above in any particular order?

I’ve been chilling in the loo most of today and I’d like to go to sleep, but I daren’t. Posting for solidarity 🙂 !

Jamie
    Free Member

I have watched 39 episodes of Sons of Anarchy, 45 minute episodes and I have to stop at least 3 times per show.

It’s unbelievable.

Yup. It’s a great show.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Crell – Member
    Do I have to eat the above in any particular order?

I’ve been chilling in the loo most of today and I’d like to go to sleep, but I daren’t. hoping for solidity !

ftfy

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘What's good to eat when youve got the squits?’ is closed to new replies.