Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • What’s good and positive about today?
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

drove past an accident this morning and it shook me a little, add to that the circus that the world has become, so what’s good?

I’m off work tomorrow and I’m going to the shops on the way home to get something nice for the wifes birthday

Drac

It’s snowing, I’m not at work and I have lit the woodburner.

thepurist

We had a new puppy in the office today.

flyingmonkeycorps

My wife is due to give birth in a little over a week, we’re off out for a meal at our favourite restaurant tonight and I have running, catching up with friends, seeing a talk by Michael Foale AND riding my bike planned for the weekend.

Also Jasmin Paris’s incredible Spine Race win is proof of the amazing things that the human body can do if pushed.

Oh, and Maisie has a new box to sit in.

Maisie in a box

siwhite
    Free Member

Sun is shining, lovely crisp day outside, and I’m about to go for a mooch around town under the auspices of ‘work’ while on company time.

jam-bo

Just bought a sea kayak.

sandwicheater

I can’t feel my toes after a very cold commute BUT i’ve just done the most marvellously long trump that’s brightened my day no end. I didn’t think i’d stop for a second!

binners

Its an absolutely beautiful day, I’m looking out of the window at blue skies and I’m just finishing off an illustration of the Brecon Beacons. I wasn’t sure about it at first, but its come out well

The cat is sat next to my keyboard, purring

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

It’s lovely and sunny outside… I just won’t mention the temperature! 😮

franksinatra

Also Jasmin Paris’s incredible Spine Race win is proof of the amazing things that the human body can do if pushed.

This x1000.

chewkw
    Free Member

What’s good and positive about today?

I am back from the far east Borneo after nearly 5 weeks off. LOL! 🙂

I completely switched off on all news while there visiting my parents and only watched classic Chinese movies.

The weather was so baking hot that even the fan was blowing hot air (in side house tempt average 26C).

Plenty of fake canned beer or alcohol and so watch out what you drink over there. No kidding. Scan the bar code on the can to see where it is produced and if scan result comes back blank. Avoid.

Foods are getting more expensive and quality poor.

p/s: no food poisoning this time … 🙂

wwaswas

My wife is due to give birth in a little over a week

congrats 🙂 I won;t ask what gender the baby is – there’s a clue in the pic!

Sun’s out, I get to walk the dog in the woods at lunchtime and had a great time at the cinema watching Stan and Laurel last night.

P-Jay
    Free Member

The sky was inky blue as I left work last night, not pitch black, I didn’t even bolt out the door at 5pm

“The Circus” is never as bad as it seems. News agencies are in the business on entertainment, they’re there to show the worse ‘what ifs’ to grab our attention, that’s not to say that everything will always be rosey, bad stuff happens, but it’s never as bad as our worst fears.

Remember how y2k was going to kill us all? The 2008 Great Recession would destroy Western Economies forever, Trump coming to power was going to be the end of days etc?

willard

I’m still waiting for pictures of the new puppy that was in the office. The cat inna box fed the cuteness for a short while, but I demand puppy pictures!

My personal contribution to nice things today was baking a load of cinnamon buns last night for my colleagues at work. I may have quality controlled a couple last night and they are good. I hope people enjoy them.

lesshaste

Beautiful crisp and sunny here too. Just off to the allotment to shovel some sh#t around. Each to their own…

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’m off work till Tuesday, my bday is Saturday and I will be riding my newly built Chameleon at CYB. And I’m waiting in for my delivery of a wahoo bolt.

fasthaggis

The sun is out and it’s a beautiful clear, crisp day.
    The arse is kicked out of the week.
    I pick up a new car tonight after work.
    I managed to get a space for the boy and myself on the IOM for TT week.
    So even though it feels like chaos abounds at the moment and a lot of nastiness is floating up to the surface, I remind myself that there are enough lovely people and places in the world,so none of this crap is going to drag me down.
    My pint is half full.
    In fact…
    pint all full

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Not so positive….I’m wearing a 24hr blood pressure monitor as lately Iv’e been stressed to death worrying about Mrs Egf’s health of late.

Positive…..she feels & appears a bit better which may help ^^^.

lunge

It’s a beautiful winters day here in the Midlands, ice cold, clear sky and crisp air. I’ve commuted in, and the ride home tonight will be awesome. And tonight, I’ve got steak for dinner.

wwaswas

Remember how y2k was going to kill us all?

but… no, wrong thread.

Coyote
    Free Member

It’s a beautiful day out there. I’m completing a few tasks around the office that have been bugging me for a while and I’m off tomorrow. OK so it’s only a day off to get some household jobs done but it’s still a day at home.

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

i’ve just done the most marvellously long trump

Now that’s something we can all aspire to.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm, well, erm… I’m heading home today after another hellish week at work/hotel hell.

I filled the fridge before I left home, so no food shopping required 👍

I think I’m meeting up with a freind on Sunday, after many cancellations… I think that’s a positive, I’ll report back.

Oh, on my way home today… I drove the soft top up this week so I may get the top down as the Suns just come out.. 🥴

I have cash in my wallet, I may go for a pint tomorrow 🤣

flyingmonkeycorps

@wwaswas

My wife is due to give birth in a little over a week

congrats 🙂 I won;t ask what gender the baby is – there’s a clue in the pic!

Sun’s out, I get to walk the dog in the woods at lunchtime and had a great time at the cinema watching Stan and Laurel last night.

Thank you! What you can’t see in that picture is just behind the balloon is another balloon that says ‘baby boy’… We actually don’t know what we’re getting, so MrsMonkey’s friends got her a balloon for each.

globalti
    Free Member

I’m going for a brisk 2.5 mile walk with a colleague at lunch time and my plated collar bone and frozen shoulder are feeling better by the day, thanks largely to the fact that I have really ramped up the exercises using the latex band the physio gave me, so I’m optimistic that I’ll be back on the bike in the Spring.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I had a date on Monday and she’s keen for another one tomorrow. This is very positive considering my recent dating disaster.

wwaswas

We actually don’t know what we’re getting

Even better, imo, a surprise is always best 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Jetting off to a warmer climate for the next couple of weeks – our winter training camp. Yippee!

DezB
    Free Member

If I close my eyes at my desk (which I do A LOT), I can dream I’m in a tropical foreign land. That’s all I’ve got.

flyingmonkeycorps

Even better, imo, a surprise is always best 🙂

‘Zackly what we thought. Can’t wait to meet him/her.

jimdubleyou

I chose the second coldest day of the year so far to do my second ride to work of the year.

I didn’t get rained on, but my colleagues who came in a few mins after me and said it was sleeting!

It’s now beautiful blue skies, I’m in the office but the view is much improved.

thepurist

I’m still waiting for pictures of the new puppy that was in the office.

Sorry willard, the puppy has now left the building and no pix were taken. So that’s your day ruined unless you’ve got a good long trump lined up.

hodgynd
    Free Member

I’m at home ..apparently it’s snowing in Newcastle ( it wasn’t when I left earlier ) ..it isn’t in Bell City..
    I’m lying in bed nursing week four of this cold that just won’t budge..it started in the usual way …nose like a dripping tap but has morphed into ..head full of snot and a raking cough ..
    I’ve been given a Sudafed pill which I have only ever taken once before and the results weren’t good ( it worked alright ..but to excess) ..so I’m expecting to flood downstairs once it kicks in ..
    Apart from that ..life’s a gas 😁

slowoldman

One day closer to retirement.

trail_rat
    Free Member

off tomorrow.

its the puffer this weekend.

Im soloing.

Was supposed to be MRS T-R but we had it confirmed that after the worlds longest wait her tandem partner is all present and correct complete with heart beat so shes out on doctors orders.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

One day closer to retirement.

267 working days including holidays. Not that I’m counting or anything

matt_outandabout

Sunny here.
    I am off tomorrow.

slowoldman

267 working days including holidays

50 here!

footflaps

It’s snowing, I’m not at work and I have lit the woodburner.

Just think of all the baby robins you’re gassing with your pm 2.5s!!!

leffeboy

Internet is out in our whole building today so a day of catching up on all the little things that I don’t normally have time for. Brilliant

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘What’s good and positive about today?’ is closed to new replies.