Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • What's better than finding a quid down the back of the sofa?
  • athgray
    Free Member

Just went to the drinks cabinet to pour a whisky from my dwindling supply. I have a bottle of Macallan that I had assumed was near its end. Went to lift it out to find it fairly heavy. More in there than I thought. Upon pulling out the bottle from the box I noticed that it was still sealed. All I can say is it is not sealed anymore! Anyone else recently had a result similar to this?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just had a look down the side of our sofa & found some Walkers tomato sauce flavoured crisps (well, bits of) down there, mmm….yummy!

carlos
    Free Member

Finding £2 ??

Found £5 on the trail last week, cafe was shut so put it in the Macmillan charity box 🙂

honkiebikedude
    Free Member

coming up on a good E ?

Allready got my coat!!

somafunk

Friday night finding a £2 “snow me the money” lottery scratch card in with your xmas card from your folks and thinking “Ha…nae chance of winning owt”, then scratching it off….. 1st game matched pair – £5… hmmm not bad?, 2nd game matched pair – £5…ya dancer!, 3rd game matched pair – £5….woohoo!, 4th game matched pair – £5…is this for real?, 5th game matched par – £5….checks for hidden cameras in house, 6th game matched pair – £10…hearts starting to beat a bit faster in anticipation of last game, 7th game matched pair….breathe deep and scratch it off ever so slowly —————-£5….feel pang of disappointment before i mentally slap myself for being ungrateful and do wee jig round the room and bounce across town to show it off to my parents proud as punch, £40 on a scratchcard…just like that, and every game a winner!….i’ve never bought a lottery ticket in my life nor bought a scratchcard but i always get one in my xmas card and there’s always one next to our xmas crackers on the dinner table so i’ll be hoping for more good luck (random chance) in 9 days time.

Bregante

I went out Friday night on my Christmas do and put on a smart jacket that I dont wear very often (probably last Christmas since I wore it). As I stepped off the train in town I popped my return ticket into the inside pocket….. To find £60 in there.

Nearly a “free” night out!

tarquin
    Free Member

Sent off one of those rebate things ages ago after buying an electric toothbrush. Forgot all about it until a $50 prepaid Visa card turned up in the post this week 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

I found my £1800 carbon roadie in a river, thrown off a bridge. Took it to the Police and a month later they gave it back to me. Done over 5000 miles on it since.

racefaceec90

although it isn’t money,i found one of those rubber knog lights hanging by a gate on the k & a canal towpath (the ones that have a single led).i left it (in case the owner came back for it).it was still there when i returned.have used it ever since when night riding (obviously with other lights too 😀

davidjones15
    Free Member

I once paid for something using Paypal Gift, and the goods arrived.

rob2
    Free Member

I’ve just found a carrot in our fridge that has an extra ‘finger’. Looks like one of those rabbit lady toys.

Cougar

Pulled out an old rucksack to take on a weekend break a month or so back. We didn’t have much spare cash but were just going to have a cheap weekend before my OH went into hospital.

Cleaning out the rucksack, I discovered £200 in an inside pocket, left over and forgotten from a previous holiday. Result, couldn’t have come at a better time.

scaredypants

I found my £1800 carbon roadie in a river, thrown off a bridge. Took it to the Police

Why did you take it to the police ?

paulwatts
    Free Member

Woke up !!

fourbanger
    Free Member

Went out in Banbury of all places and ended up in the Chapel for those that now it. Mate was celebrating his 30th and we were at least 10 years too old for the place. To put it into perspective, Danny Dwyer was “DJ”. So wrong it’s right. Anyway, ended up with my mate and wife and I left, dancing around at about 3 am. Mates wife went to get some shots, notice mate go over and that they’d been gone a while. Go over and find she’s short for the round. All of us turn our pockets inside out, still short… Barman is giving us a hard time and we’re starting to think this is game over, when suddenly my mate reaches down and produces a rather alcohol soaked fiver from the floor. Result!

stevomcd
    Free Member

Moved house a few weeks ago and found an envelope containing about 300€ in the sock drawer! Result!

maccruiskeen

when suddenly my mate reaches down and produces a rather alcohol soaked fiver from the floor. Result!

When I was young the last bus home from town was half an hour before last orders and I always had a quandry whether to spend my last £1 on the bus ticket or have another pint and walk the 8 miles. One night I spot some mates while waiting at the bus stop and we decide to sod the bus and go for another. Hurrying into a pub to catch last orders I spot a crisp £20 sitting on the doorstep. In the late 80’s in the north of england at 65p a pint it was quite a challenge for 3 people to try and down £20 between the last order bell and chucking out time. Made for a very long and entertaining walk.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I found an abandoned waistcoat in a local snooker hall one saturday afternoon in the late 80s. £225 in the top pocket. Result. Haircut, new clothes and a very good night out for the three of us.

spchantler
    Free Member

i found a nice terry dolan frame at our local tip, campag and stuff on it, no wheels, i asked the tip man if i could take it, its been my winter bike for a few years.
    just bought a van off a bloke, got chatting and mentioned i had a home studio, he said i’ve had this lying about for ages, do i want it for nowt? do i….

nealglover
    Free Member

I emptied the cylinder of my Numatic Vac last week, it’s been in service for about six months, so probably been in around 300-400 cars and there was £44 in change in among the horrible contents 🙂

It’s not much as an average per car, but it will pay for a few beers over Christmas !

It was getting rather heavy though so I might empty it a bit more often next year.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I found an abandoned waistcoat in a local snooker hall one saturday afternoon in the late 80s. £225 in the top pocket. Result. Haircut, new clothes and a very good night out for the three of us.

Isn’t this technically just stealing someone’s waistcoat?

wallop

Donkeys years ago I worked in a pub and a colleague found a fag packet containing £180. He split it with me!

maccruiskeen

I emptied the cylinder of my Numatic Vac last week, it’s been in service for about six months, so probably been in around 300-400 cars and there was £44 in change in among the horrible contents

It’s not much as an average per car, but it will pay for a few beers over Christmas !

I remember a program about one of the big car scrapping / shredding yards and they said they find around £2k per day in scrapped cars

konabunny
    Free Member

I read an article in the New Yorker that said cars were shredded in the US and the shards were sorted by hand in China. The workers collected coins etc that were in the ashtray and it added up to a fair amount.

bikemanwhoisblack
    Free Member

A silent fart in a busy lift.

globalti
    Free Member

Why did you take it to the police ?

Because you are supposed to hand in found property and my first instinct was to try to reunite the bike with its unfortunate owner.

DrP

Ah – so it wasn’t originally your bike…..

It reads like it was.

DrP

derek_starship
    Free Member

fourbanger.

In hindsight, it was a terrible thing to do. But I was a young adolescent and my morals hadn’t dropped!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘What's better than finding a quid down the back of the sofa?’ is closed to new replies.