Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • whats app !
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

Anyone using whats app ?,instead of sms on there phones? ,my mates trying to get me on it & just wondered what its all about as its new to me.

Liftman

It saves you using your texts, it works like blackberry messenger

theflatboy
    Free Member

it annihilates the battery, as it works by push messaging.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    reedspeed
    Free Member

Ive got an iphone 4 & the batterys v poor so thts the last thing i need,what about costs?

nealglover
    Free Member

Upgrade to ios5 and it comes with iMessage.

Does the same thing and makes what’s app redundant.

itsmygame
    Free Member

Not really as iMessage only works between ….. Yep u guessed it apple products. Whats app is great. One off payment of 69p for the app and that’s it. The best use of it is to use it for photos. Mines on all the time and my battery is fine.

Kato

iMessage only makes Whatsapp redundant if everyone you know has an iPhone. I like being able to contact mates on Android using wifi rather than MMS messages that cost a fortune

reedspeed
    Free Member

So clearly the key here is to use it for normal txting,but when you want to send a pic make sure youre in a wifi zone,then it becomes totally free,correct ?.

jam-bo

I like being able to contact mates on Android using wifi rather than MMS messages that cost a fortune

There’s this amazing new technology called email. I reckon it might catch on…

cp

Email +1

Whatsapp – nice concept, esp if you have unlimited data, but it destroys battery life compared to not running it.

nealglover
    Free Member

Fair point about cross platform use.

I didn’t think of that to to be honest, because all the people I text and message regularly have iPhones.

twohats
    Free Member

I use it all the time, great for sending photos. Can’t say as I’ve ever noticed it draining the battery.

brant
    Free Member

Been using it for a year. Got passed it by a mate in Taiwan. It’s great.
    I just got LINE App too. That’s fun and has ace stickers.
    Never noticed battery drain on iPhone4.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘whats app !’ is closed to new replies.