Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What's a decent tow ball mount?
  • Euro
    Free Member

It’s taken almost 44 years but i finally have my very own towbar 😀 I fancy a ball mounted carrier but don’t know what’s decent. Any recommendations?

This style

zippykona

Happy with my Thule 970. Really quick to use.

db

Where are you? I have Thule 970 you could have for say 30 notes – don’t really want to post it. Or a Thule 9403 3 Bike Carrier for say 90ish?
    Not advertised them yet but both are surplus to requirements

Sorry to hijack the thread, as you were

Euro
    Free Member

970 looks mighty fine zippy. Extra no. plate compulsory?

Thanks for the offer db but i’m in norn iron.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

If you are only going to carry your own bike Mont Blanc do a decent one for about £50
    But the only option if you are carrying a few bikes is Thule 9403, can be got for £110 if you look at the right time- You can try mine if you want if you show me where your Magic Fairy trail is.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The style you linked to is very limiting on frame type and puts the bikes on top of each other which I’m not a fan of.
    Much prefer this style

http://gripsport.com.au/products Postage may get a bit much though…

mattbee

Have had a Thule 9503 for a few years now.
    Nice and easy to fit the rack to the ball, but can be a right sod getting multiple bikes to play nicely with each other on the rack, especially if they are of varying sizes.
    One bike on is really easy, two not too bad if you use the inner and outer positions but 3 can end up with bars, pedals etc rubbing like hell on other bikes or a mish mash of rags and pipe lagging used to keep them apart.
    If your wife, like mine keeps leaving the wheel straps undone them driving around they drop out so you need a collection of toe straps handy.
    Basically, great for one bike or maybe two. Rack to car is peice of cake, slightly fiddler bike to rack, has lasted for years and still looks new apart from the none captive wheel straps.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Have a look a Buzzracks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What's a decent tow ball mount?’ is closed to new replies.