Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 227 total)
  • Whatever happpened to Tim Gould?
  • aa
    Free Member

I found an old puncture repair kit the other day and thought about the afore mentioned tim. He must still be riding bikes in derbyshire somewhere.

david baker too, anyone know what he’s up to?

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

I think Tim is a postman or he was.

aa
    Free Member

postmen do seem to make good bike riders

postman matt

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

Aa was expecting that to be endurance rider matt page 🙂

DickBarton

David Baker was diagnosed with some weird heart issue and was told to stop biking immediately. I thought Tim was a postie, but not about either for a very long time.

Trekster

Barry Clark & Caroline Alexander can be added to the where now list?

Maybe a good feature for a future mag?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Caroline Alexander

*Sighs….*

She. Was. Beautifull… 8)

scotty38
    Free Member

Been out of touch for a while but what about Stuart Marshall?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Tim is alive and well and living somewhere near Matlock. He is a postie.

David Baker I think is now a gardner of some description having also run a cafe.

Barrie is an electrician in Barrow in Furness.

No idea on Wilma (Caroline) sorry.

crazy-legs

Barry Clark & Caroline Alexander can be added to the where now list?

Barrie Clarke is married to former MTB XC pro Sue Thomas, they live somewhere in the western lake District. Barrie was running a guiding/training/coaching business at one point, not sure if he still is. Sue was a regular on the enduro race scene for a while after Barrie retired from racing but again, not seen her in a while.

When the North Face Trail opened at Grizedale, Sue rode the “official” first lap (OK, the trail had been open a few weeks but it had an opening launch publicity thing). Christ she was quick, I was right on the limit keeping up with her.

fontmoss
    Free Member

privateer article potential?

fatmax

Last time I did the Helvellyn Triathlon a couple of years back, Barrie Clark was walking up the valley past Glenridding Mines YHA as I came down on the run…not sure if he was there supporting someone. Said hello when I recognised him.

MrSparkle

Barrie Clarke was at a cross race I did a couple of years ago in Rossendale. He seemed in good shape.
    Fred Salmon was another hot shot from the past. Last seen appearing naked part way round the Three Peaks course to the amusement of Nick Craig!

xcstu
    Free Member

ah some great names from the past in this post 🙂 brings a smile to my face….

carlosg
    Free Member

postmen do seem to make good bike riders

Nah , I’m crap on a bike 😀 plenty of stamina though.

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

There is a Tim Gould biography coming out some time soonish apparently. Spoke to Tim Gould at a BMBF race years ago, really lovely guy, happy to chat away to me despite me obviously being a star struck school boy!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I won a Tim Gould autographed crash helmet at a Grundig World Cup race raffle.

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Cool, one of my save in a fire items would be my MTB racing by Tim Gould and Simon Burney that Tim signed when I met him.

Apparently Tim won the postman’s cyclocross championships a while ago after a number after he finished pro racing, apparently of the back of no training!

tang
    Free Member

[/url]
    Team ral by tangwyn, on Flickr[/img]

The only thing I saved from my Junior days. Massive signed, by Paul Hinton, poster. I got him to come to my school and give a talk, got to ride his team bikes! Really nice guy.
    Saw Tim G win the nationals at Malvern. A fantastic hot dusty weekend of broken flexstems, tioga disc drives, pasta, lake jumping and bula everywhere. All my faves riding (jmc, hemming, lazenby as a junior the dude with the tash styling the bomb hole!) and iirc the dogsbollox was unveiled.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Tim’s brother runs Zepnat cycles in Matlock. I heard he lives somewhere around Crich now.

MrSparkle

I must say I used to have a bit of a crush on Sally Hibberd…
    Seeing as we are off down memory lane – check this:
    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/mtb/article/mtb20090713-Retrospective–British-Mountain-Bike-Championships-0

LS
    Free Member

According to his Dad, Tim has been riding fairly regularly again recently.

was
    Free Member

I got Tim Gould’s autograph at a ‘cross race about 16 years ago.

Now where did I put it….

fatmax

I even applied to Jim’ll Fix It to go mountain biking with Tim Gould…

MoreCashThanDash

Definitely some mileage in a “where are they now? article in the mag, I reckon

I seem to recall the cycling coverage in the Matlock Mercury over the winter mentioned some “Goulds” in the junior events – presumably the next part of the dynasty coming through…..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Retro! 🙂

crazy-legs

OK, so names from yesteryear:
    Tim Gould
    David Baker
    Caroline Alexander
    Fred Salmon (now works in Bike Factory, a bike shop in Whaley Bridge, he’s as mad a box of frogs)
    Dave Hemming (last I heard he was working in America)

who else?

Chipps would probably know and I think Nick Craig is probably still in touch with Tim Gould.

Rorschach
    Free Member

What ever happened to that Pete Steve bloke……

andrewni
    Free Member
    Rorschach
    Free Member

I beat him in a bunny hop contest at the Malverns one year and he got VERY upset about it indeed :mrgreen:
    Edit-I make have taken the mick out of his tache though…

richardk
    Free Member

I raced against Kelli Salone last week.

Other names
    Sophie Brooks

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

What ever happened to Hans “No Way” Rey?

amplebrew

Dave Hemming (last I heard he was working in America)

Isn’t Dave Hemming the rider on the Pivot bikes advert?

There was Paul Lasenby who rode for Marin.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

PeeWee Hemming is doing marketing stuff, including the bike sector, living in Portland, Oregon, last time I heard.

tang
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKPkQKQ5Odo&feature=relmfu[/video]

22lbs, £2.5k for team bike!

JoB
    Free Member

Hemming is running a dog-walking business with his better half, he still rides his bike a lot though, racin and that

had a few pints with him down the local a month or so ago, he hasn’t changed

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I stand corrected! 🙂

JoB
    Free Member

to be fair, you have to be fast to keep up with what Hemming’s doing 😉

stufield
    Free Member

i remember seeing David Baker and John Tomac at the Plymouth Grundigs, I asked for Tomac’s autograph and he cycled off out of Newnham Park for a warm up.

Then met Julie Furtardo in the Virgin Megastore on the way home.

Saw Caroline Alexander training near Hawkshead once tried to catch up to say hi, but she was Tooo Fast… boyhood pin up… mmm

samcamsdad

Here’s a photo i took of dave hemming at the malvens.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 227 total)

The topic ‘Whatever happpened to Tim Gould?’ is closed to new replies.