Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Whatever happened to drum solos?
  • zippykona

And do we miss them?
    No live double album was complete without one.

moniex
    Free Member

Yep! miss them!

maccruiskeen

Used to know a guy who lived in the flat below D:Ream. Mr Ream would leave his drum machine on, then go out for the day / weekend / fortnight. Does that count?

speckledbob
    Free Member

I think they went the same way as guitar solos. Don’t mind either but stuff like moby dick are a bit too far for me.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Punk?

nedrapier

Saw one last night. He was very good!

binners

Aren’t drummers only recruited because they own a van? Not really an ideal qualification to be giving people solo’s is it?

kayak23

Self-indulgent twaddle, same as guitar solos.

grum
    Free Member

Aren’t drummers only recruited because they own a van? Not really an ideal qualification to be giving people solo’s is it?

No drummer I’ve ever played in a band with has even had a driving license!

Cool drum solo:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBA4vWQRBA0[/video]

CountZero

I’ve witnessed my share over the years, and the world is truly a better place without them. Bonzo was a fantastic drummer, but Moby Dick live started to get more than a little tedious. The best drum solo I ever saw was The Buzzcocks, at Bath Pavilion, when they played Moving Away From The Pulsebeat, the band left the stage, leaving the drummer playing a relentless driving beat, no frills or fancy runs around the kit, just this rhythm like a fast train for a couple of minutes, then the band came back on and continued the song.
    Brilliant to watch, and it stuck in my memory.

john_drummer
    Free Member

They went the way of the dinosaurs, thankfully. Self indulgent twaddle as mementioned above

shermer75
    Free Member

This got posted the other day:

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mY-f68J5PPo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DmY-f68J5PPo[/video]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Whatever happened to drum solos?’ is closed to new replies.