• This topic has 31 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Whatever happened to Deacon Blue?
  • konabunny
    Free Member

You know, pop band in the 80s. Some people, mostly Scots, said they could understand their warblings.

Their name said in a certain way was an insult at my school.

duckman

Became less popular, keyboard player died of cancer.Lorraine does TV ( river city) doggie vipond the drummer does sport scene and travel prog.rikki ross (singer) does tv and radio up here.They still record and play perhaps 20/30 gigs a year to 700-1000 seater venues. The new stuff is okay if bland,old stuff makes me remember cutting about embra as a young un’ even if it wasn’t really my type of music.

jekkyl

I wish to make it clear that my thread (singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/whatever-happened-to-john-deacon#post-5256190) was first 🙂

ji
    Free Member

They packed in the music business, bought a boat and called it ‘Dignity’.

zokes
    Free Member

I wish to make it clear that my thread (singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/whatever-happened-to-john-deacon#post-5256190) was first

In that case, it seems that either noone knows what happened to him, or noone cares…

matt_outandabout

I know where Loraine and Ricky have a timeshare – us and the kids spent a while chatting to a few strangers at the breakfast table one day. It took another member of staff to point out who two of them were. Right nice people.

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

Deacon Blue are still on the go and had a new album out not long ago. Saw them live last year as well and Ricky Ross still has a great voice.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

“Real Gone Kid” – soundtrack to first few dates with MrsCat – now I feel really old.

DezB
    Free Member

Worst.
    Band.
    Ever.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Didn’t they split up because they couldn’t break into America?
    Good.
    Respect-lost.

footflaps

They packed in the music business, bought a boat and called it ‘Dignity’.

🙂

NB They’re still going strong in the time warp that is Absolute 80s radio..

Dolcered

They played t in the park this year.
    I still think they are rank though, and I can understand the warblings 🙂

surfer
    Free Member

They were supposed to on V festival over the weekend.

fasthaggis
    CountZero

DezB – Member
    Worst.
    Band.
    Ever.

Subjective, that. Lets hear your chart hit so we can make a considered comparison.
    I could put up a list of bands that I reckon are worse, but that’s my opinion.
    I mean, d’you really think Deacon Blue are worse than Black Lace? Seriously?

konabunny
    Free Member

I for one am impressed by the lead singer’s artistic reinvention as a slow flow Florida gangster rapper.

tomd
    Free Member

They were on radio 2 yesterday from the Edinburgh festival, so as of yesterday still going

hora
    Free Member

Dignity. Awesome words. Great band band but sadly even more dated than Simple Minds.

mt
    Free Member

Hey go easy on Jim Kerr.

farm-boy

Dougie Vipond took part in the first ‘puffer for BBC Scotland’s Adventure Show.

theblackmount
    Free Member

I wish they’d go on tour again / get Vipond aff the Adventure Show

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I wish they’d go on tour again / get Vipond aff the Adventure Show

What’s wrong wi Dougie? I think he’s quite good at it as is Cameron McNish, was a lot better than the K-nob on The Bike Show…

seadog101

They were on the main stage at T in the Park this year. Seemed to go down very well, and sounded great.

DezB – Member
    Worst.
    Band.
    Ever.

And your best.band.ever. is?? C’mon out with it… we’d all love to know.

Cougar

Ricky Ross was at Glastonbury this year. Put on a decent performance.

hora
    Free Member

Mt don’t get me wrong-I have all simple minds on CD and the album Once upon a time is in my top 3 albums.

wolvesdug
    Free Member

Played V this year and put on a decent gig

codybrennan
    Free Member

“And he calls her the Chocolate Girl,
    ‘Cos he thinks she melts when he touches her.
    But she knows she’s the Chocolate Girl,
    ‘Cos she’s broken up, and swallowed,
    And wrapped in bits of silver.”

Good lyric that, I think.

hora
    Free Member

They played at V this year didn’t they?

ocrider

mt – Member

Hey go easy on Jim Kerr.

Lest we forget that the best song Simple Minds ever did was an instrumental!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJDx-1L3V9U[/video]

EDIT: That album cover reminds me somewhat unfortunately of one of the internet’s less desirable memes 😳

stanfree
    Free Member

Mt don’t get me wrong-I have all simple minds on CD and the album Once upon a time is in my top 3 albums.

Once upon a time shouldn’t even be in Simple Minds top 3. 😆

hora
    Free Member

Pah. Also Love Song is a classic. Belfast Child etc were the slide…

DezB
    Free Member

And your best.band.ever. is?? C’mon out with it… we’d all love to know

Well, I didn’t really want to go bumping a thread about a band unworthy of the attention, but as you asked, can’t say I have a “best.band.ever.” really as my taste moves on all the time. It’s actually all over the forum for the past 10 years if you’re bothered enough to find out. And it certainly doesn’t dwell on awful psuedo soul/rock bands from the 80s. That is for damn sure!
    😀

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Whatever happened to Deacon Blue?’ is closed to new replies.