• This topic has 77 replies, 75 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by _tom_.
Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • What you working over Christmas
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Someone suggested I could do a few hours Christmas eve. Sod that it’s me the mrs and kids for 10 whole days. See you on the 4th work!

footflaps

and turkmenistan

All the best locations!

lerk
    Free Member

Working through till xmas eve prepping for a major machine overhaul beginning on 28th, will hopefully be completed for an early site secure and pint with the team just after dinnertime…
    Then I get the weekend off and work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday on 12hr days with the possibility of Thursday if anything goes tits up. Plant restarts on the Saturday and I’ll be on call.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

go on holiday 2nd week of jan so in next week till weds. otherwise id definitely be finishing today.

i hate it being so late in the week. next two years will be worse, having to work a full week in the run up!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Working right up until the end of Christmas eve, booked Tuesday and Wednesday off but working the day on new years eve and then on standby until 8am new years day. Then back to normal after the weekend.

isitafox
    Free Member

Be a monster pay month in January, I’m doing 6-6 on the 24th, 26th, 28th, 29th, 30th and 1st and 2nd of Jan. Boxing Day is 300% hourly rate, the bank holiday to make up for it is 250% and I think New Years Day is as well ££££££££££

stox
    Free Member

Finish today normally until Jan 4th but I’ve a baby due today which should land at the weekend so I’ve got an extra week off paternity leave. Not much riding time for me but I won’t complain about 24 days off

fathomer

Finish early afternoon Christmas Eve, back in the 4th.

TBH I’d rather have the 3 days they make us take out of our entitlement for in between Christmas and New Years somewhere in the summer but hey ho!

legend
    Free Member

Off from Christmas Eve until the 5th of Jan. Don’t have the option of coming into the office as the power is off, and there is a good chance I’ll have forgotten to take my laptop with me – good times 8)

carlos
    Free Member

Just been informed that tomorrow is my last day and seeing as we’re off out for lunch and the boss is paying (at my choice of Restaurant, so no moaning about crap food etc.. )I’ll only be in till 12:00 noon.

back in officially on Mon 4th Jan. not bad considering I’ve only got 2 days holiday left until 31st Dec 15. 😆

richardkennerley

6 12hr shifts (8-8) starting tomorrow until Xmas eve with 3 nights on call. Then I got 6 days off from Xmas day, back in for 4 12hr days from NYE, NYE and NYD on call.

pondo

To everyone who is at work across the Christmas and New Year period providing services and supporting the office based masses, thank you.

I’d +1 that. 🙂 Just got Christmas day, the weekend and Monday off, got no complaints about that at all – it’ll be quiet and everyone’s in a festive spirit. 🙂

welshfarmer

Xmas and holidays just like every other day when you have several hundred farm animals to look after. Luckily it is a fairly quiet time of year anyway (unless it snows). Thankfully I don’t do christmas so it won’t actually make an iota of difference to me

GJP
    Free Member

Asked to go in between Xmas and New Year to do a Customer Data Cyber Security Audit. I am well chuffed.

ekul
    Free Member

Finished on the 4th December and not due back in til the 11th of January. Mind you I have had to have my ACL reconstructed for the pleasure of all that time off.

Think I’d rather be back in work tbh. Only been a week and a half and I’m stir crazy!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

All day Xmas Eve till 6pm, all day Xmas Day till 5pm, off Boxing day & Sunday, back in Monday, off NY Eve, in from 11.45-9pm NY Day.
    Prison service, don’t join.

hanchurch
    Free Member

X-mas day, Boxing Day and 27th….good job I had three and a half weeks in the summer holidays.

core

I’m not, sorry.

Over the 2 ‘xmas weeks’ we’ve got what, 3 bank holidays, 2 days unpaid leave (public sector), and I’ve 5 days leave to use up……. Xmas do tomorrow, back 4th Jan!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Finished on the 3rd, back on the 29th.

Northwind

Finish on 23rd, back on the 4th of january- we get a bunch of extra “building closed” days through the year. What I particularily like is that they don’t tell you about this when they advertise positions, so I started just before easter and almost immediately got 2 paid days off, then christmas came round and I said “so, what days do we get off?” “All of em basically”

Though, this did lead to one new start not getting told about the easter days, and going to work anyway. She was not amused.

Drac

Done today until New Year’s Day night.

konabunny
    Free Member

Is NYE much worse than an average Saturday in your line of work, Drac? FoF was a cop and hated it. I used to work in bars and didn’t like it at all (but I’m a misery guts).

Drac

Busier maybe at one time but now it’s busy all the time anyway.

Bucko

Working 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th. Merry Christmas

Wookster

I’m off! On 28th-31st nights though…

joelowden

Off to work 22nd home on the 6th of Jan ..:-(

chewkw
    Free Member

I ain’t working so will only be eating, shitting, sleeping and watching telly during the festive days … I need to rest. 😀

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Started number one of nine shifts in a row today.Got two earlies (0700-1500) Saturday and Wednesday the rest lates (1330-2130) and my Christmas starts at 2130 on Christmas Day.
    Off the 27th and 28th then on nights (2100-0715) till New Year’s Day.
    Not amused but that’s the NHS!!!

Working this weekend through my 20th wedding anniversary (very understanding wife) up to 23rd. Going back in on 29th for one day, then back sometime in new year. Self employed, but the work has to be done and is very profitable, so no moans from me

Edric64
    Free Member

This is a dismal time of year to be forced to take holiday if a company shuts .I would rather work the xmas week as I detest it and take holiday when I want

colournoise

Finished today, back on January 4. School holidays FTW!

DezB
    Free Member

Working? Chance’d be a fine thing 🙁

Bregante

This year will be only the second time in 19 years when I have had Christmas day and boxing day off. In fact I’m off from 23rd December until 4th January. 8)

takisawa2

Finish 23rd. Back 3rd.
    Need this holiday.

WildHunter2009

Last day today but office closes 23rd. Assumed we were all coming back on the 4th but our only real chunk of field work has just been postponed again so the shutdown period has been extended by a week. So back on the 11th now and just hoping I have enough leave to cover it!

notlocal
    Free Member

0630-1830 on 23/24/25/28 and 1/2 Jan
    No team leaders or managers or administration/workshop staff will be present. As you can see the ambulance service is a 24/7, 365 day service……

clipper247
    Free Member

1500 – 0100 25th and 26th, 2200 – 0700 27th and 28th, then not back until Jan 4th.

_tom_
    Free Member

I’m working til Wednesday next week then back in boxing day, then not back again til the 2nd which isn’t too bad considering I only booked new years off!

Feel really sorry for my mate who’s doing 8-8 shifts as a paramedic over the whole xmas/new years period.

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘What you working over Christmas’ is closed to new replies.