Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • What you having for lunch? Inspire me…
  • lunge

Don’t really want just another sarny and I’ve got to wander towards the shops at lunch anyway.

So, what are you having?

stwhannah

Pasta with peas and pesto. Leftovers from kids’ pack lunches. Not inspiring, sorry!

Keva
    Free Member

one of those M&S Plant Kitchen pots, Nutty super wholefood salad. plus a smoked salmon and cream cheese sarnie, which I gather you don’t really want.

jugheaddave
    Free Member

I batch cooked a huge pot of chopped pork sausage with a chili tomato basil sauce (37p a tin from Lidl), to be had over Uncle Bens microwaves rice.

Its about 4 work lunches for <£5-50. 🙂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Some vegie noddle pot thing which was in the reduced fridge yesterday.

Oh, and a chicken curry pie from the coffee van, something of treat as he’s usually sold out by the time he gets to us.

Its about 4 work lunches for <£5-50.

My usual requirement of work lunch is <£1 ish as most stuff which can survive being carried to work and microwaved tastes like heavily salted cardboard anyhow so I see little point in taking anything pretending to be more than sustenance.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Baked potato with cheese and coleslaw.

Food of the gods.

wordnumb
    Free Member

An apple and a coffee. But not at the same time because the flavours wonk at each other. Might also have a salted caramel truffle.

johnners
    Free Member

I’ve just had a couple of rounds of gluten-free M&S “sourdough” spread with “I can’t believe it’s not butter” and peanut butter.

Betcha your “just another sarnie” ain’t sounding so bad now!

doomanic

Left over cauliflower mushroom rice and pork kebabs.

toby1

Halloumi salad with some charred peppers from the BBQ on Saturday, the key is in the quality of the balsamic vinegar applied and the Halloumi (bought from OliveOlive), this bottle is ok, the last one was amazing, should have bought it again (the Belazu 10 year old).

Bazz

Cheese omelette and salad, i could pretty much live on that.

johndoh
    Free Member

Out of date piri piri chicken breasts (64p from Sainsbury’s yesterday afternoon) in a tortilla wrap with a splash of mayo to cool down the heat a little.

longdog
    Free Member

Currently sat near the north light on Fair Isle eating a brie and mango chutney baguette, peanut cliff bar and and apple.

Hard day in the ‘office’ for me checking stiles today!

binners

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Strawberry Angel Delight

sirromj

Leftovers for me too! Stuffed overgrown courgette, vegetarian bolognaise.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Bombay bad boy

Ashamed and delighted in equal measures

timmys

Leftovers, but ‘proper’ leftovers as in from the weekends takeaway curry.

dreednya

Poached eggs on sourdough bread spread with butter and fried in the pan – living the lunchtime dream!

barrysh1tpeas
    Free Member

Microwaveable food from pouches…

Whole grain rice (35p), Heinz crreations Mexican beans (99p), a dolop of guacamole and some grated cheese on top

Kryton57

Stir fry with rice, pepper and Salmon followed by Tyrells Sea Salt & Cider Vinegar crisps.

csb

Fried egg sandwich with melted cheese on it

weeksy

5-2 on a 2 day…. so… well, nothing…

oldtennisshoes

🙁

slowoldman

Currently listening to “noises off”. I understand it’s some variant of beetroot soup.

Murray

Leftover salad, potato and homemade guacamole (the market had a good offer on avocadoes) . Might go for mixed bean salad tommorow.

dove1

Leftover fish pie from the weekend. Blinkin’ lovely.

cat69uk
    Free Member

Firecracker rice & tuna, standard these days instead of sandwiches to shift timber.

Klunk
    Free Member

Lasagne

simondbarnes

A packet of Haribo sour sparks

dyna-ti

Coffee and a cake, and coffee.
    And maybe, though highly likely, some cigarettes too.

Possibly another cake.

slowoldman

The beetroot soup turned out to be beetroot and tomato with feta cheese sprinkled on top. Very pleasant it was too.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Joe wickes Smoky bbq beans on homemade sourdough. Magic.

Made a batch, freeze really well.

jimmy

Yesterday’s minestrone soup. I mean it was good yesterday, but those fridge fairies sure do a job on it overnight.

dudeofdoom

TBH, I had a ‘full English’ on the beach, I was never into fry ups but it was a day off work and I sorta live an hours drive from Mojacar so thought I’d go for a treat in the Irish Pub.

Fried bread so goood but so baaaaad, I might just have an order of fried bread next time 🙂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

thought I’d go for a treat in the Irish Pub

Never thought I’d read that sentence

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘What you having for lunch? Inspire me…’ is closed to new replies.