Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What you can't see won't hurt you
  • tomaso
    Free Member

What you can’t see won’t hurt you.

Last night out around Grizedale and did the excellent track off Parkamoor down to Moor Lane into Saterthwaite which was a complete hoot being dispatched at speed. Just before the top of Moor Lane we waited for a mate who was a long time coming so I headed back up to find him and got to see in detail the green greasey slabs I’d just been dancing down at speed and thought jeez this a slippery trail. Got about halfway and found my lost mate and turned to go back down. And maybe I didn’t have the speed and maybe I was on the wrong side to start with but I got it all quite wrong and slipped and skipped and slid into the bank at the side on my arse.

But then I thought its not the trail or so much my line but what I had seen. So much of mountain biking is in the head. And once the thought of green greasey slabs of slippery rocks has entered your head and given you the fear you stiffen up and are doomed to fail.

So I conculde what you can’t see won’t hurt you.

FuzzyWuzzy

Carbon Monoxide?

pudd
    Free Member

Ninjas.

psling
    Free Member

What a coincidence! That’s exactly what I said to your missus when you were out on your ride last night… 😯 😆

martinhutch

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy-sIfsW7tg[/video]

rocketman
    Free Member

So I conculde what you can’t see won’t hurt you.

+1

I tend to over-analyse obstacles and am generally much smoother and more flowy at night even on familiar trails.

Similarly a mate bought me some Fakeleys back from Turkey they are are dark enough for arc welding and it’s quite difficult to see any detail in the trees; again The Flow™ is with me & I wear them whenever I can

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What you can't see won't hurt you’ is closed to new replies.