Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What year is this Kona Hahanna?
  • mieszko
    Free Member

So I bought a nice and almost new Kona Hahanna, nothing special spec wise, mainly Altus/Acera X but it all works 🙂 Love the skinny tubes. The only problem is I can’t find any information on the year. My guess would be 95/96 but they were different colour to the one I got. Tried Retrobikes but no luck. Anyone knows how old it is? Also is the seatopost 27.0mm (can’t find my vernier)?

Here’s a pic:

nickc

98 I think, my missus has got that bike…

russjp
    Free Member

1994, I had a 94 Lava dome and pretty sure i remember that from the catalogue

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    coastkid
    Free Member

a bit of MTB history there my friend!,it is 97-98 ish
    i had one of those and yes im sure it is the standard issue 27.2 seat tube
    can you make it to Drem rail station tomorrow 11am for a East Lothian ride? 😮

birly-shirly
    Free Member

Not ’98. I bought a ’98 Lava Dome and the graphics had just gone over all jungle. That’s the style 1 gen previous to mine, so ’97 or ’96 I’d guess.

Isn’t the Kona seatpost standard 27.0? Not meaning to state the obvious, but have you pulled the post out to check? Both my Kona posts are stamped with the diameter.

mieszko
    Free Member

I work weekends on night shifts so ride mainly during the week between uni. Can’t do any cycling during the weekend sadly.

The bike is mint and can’t wait to have it ready to go 🙂

Bez

It’s a 1996 model. I’ve got the catalogue and the sense to double check, as opposed to a healthy appetite for guesswork 😛 (Besides, 1996 was the only year that combined the block serif decals with the jungle decals.)

The seatpost may or may not be 27.0. My 1996 Lava Dome is 27.0 but the Hahanna used different tubing, and in most years it was a little thicker. So whilst 27.0 is possible, I’d give you shorter odds on it being 26.8.

IanW
    Free Member

I always thought they started in 1994 just a guess though really. Lovely bike and still capable.

Seatpost on this one is 26.8

Bez

1995 catalogue here, page 18

If it weren’t for the frame, forks and stem all being different colours to the one we’re talking about, then that might be a good guess.

Assuming we’re also not looking at the decals on the head tube, seat tube or top tube.

🙂

BigGraham
    Free Member

Yeh it’s a ’96, my first ‘proper’ bike was one of them. I’ve still got the kona owners club card thing somewhere! Lovely bike still occasionally miss it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What year is this Kona Hahanna?’ is closed to new replies.