Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 227 total)
  • What would you like to ask Mark and Chipps?
  • jimmy

Two man tent in remotest, wildest Scotland. Fred or TJ?

bikebouy
    Free Member

1) Whats the first thing you do when you get in the office?
    2) Whats the last thing you do before leaving the office?
    3) Now you are 15 years older, honestly do you still find MTB’ing “fun”?
    4) What do you think will be the next innovation in 5 years, 10 years, 15 years and do you think it/they will benefit MTB’ers or will it just become a Fad?
    5) Your original Plan for STW, has it been fulfilled or are you still seeking it out?

You can see form my few Q’s that I’m only interested your working life and how thats fits within your passion.

Boring Huh?

Yup, thought so..

just5minutes
    Free Member

oh, and what bike from 15 years ago would you choose today if you could only have one bike?

stwhannah

Red or white?

Currently red. Possibly white if things aren’t looking up by the end of this bottle.
    😉

thepurist

Which 3 figures from the world of bikes would you choose to have dinner with? And which 3 to ride with?

jekkyl

What one thing would you like to do to/with your mag and haven’t been able to for whatever reason?

DezB
    Free Member

What does an MTB journo do on his day off?

DickBarton

After claiming a forum update was imminent and if it didn’t go in, Mark would eat his shorts/hat…can’t recall which one. Apparently the update did go in but we never saw the eating of the garments – can we see this being done?

mike399
    Free Member

Do you guys get to keep all the Fresh Goods Friday stuff?! (Only slightly envious… honest…)

Drac

Currently red. Possibly white if things aren’t looking up by the end of this bottle.

Best get it chilling.

wwaswas

Future of publishing for magazines such as stw – ever less print, more online?

What effect will increasing use of ad-blockers built into devices have on revenue streams, subscription models etc?

Which publishing industry figure most influenced you when you started out with stw, which now?

sweaman2
    Free Member

Where would you like to visit / ride that you haven’t already.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite… would you like a toasted teacake?

ferrals
    Free Member

Can I have a job? Can I open up a S. Wales office to do said job?

binners

I’ve heard it rumoured, but is there a magazine?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Do like Rastabilly? Rastabilly skank!

jekkyl

If there was a button that would make everyone naked all the time but the consequence of this was that EVERYONE was naked ALL THE TIME would you press it?

Harry_the_Spider

1) If you could ride anywhere in the UK where would you go?

2) Can you do a handstand?

Northwind

Do you look on what you’ve created here with horror, satisfaction, or horrified satisfaction?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Have you ever lurked on Mumsnet?

cynic-al
    Free Member

In your opininion, who is the greatest living Big Hitter?

allan23
    Free Member

When a bike industry marketing bod rolls up with buzz word\nekkid lady advert\game changing design, do you die a little inside each time?

matt_outandabout

What your most memorable ride of the last 15 years?
    If you hadn’t been running STW all this time, what would you have been doing?
    How much pastry should there be on a pie?

tthew

By asking Hannah to start to this thread, can you see what you have done?
    You’ve let me down, you’ve let your mum down, but most of all you’ve let yourself down.

And yes please 5thElefant, I will have a toasted tea cake. Ta. With marmalade, not jam.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If you woke up naked and hungover, lying next to a bloke, would you tell anyone?.

Want to come to a party?.

scotroutes

Do either of you have a Mint Sauce keyring I could borrow?

edhornby

Can I have a go on your bike please mister How fast does it go how many gears has it got ????

gordimhor

Would you start up Singletrack now if you hadn’t already done it?
    Is it true that an Italian super car manufacturers website gets pop up ads for a UK based mtb mag?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

If you could, would you?

spacemonkey

Which Greggs store did Binners get his lunch from?

bearnecessities

I have a genuine one. Albeit I’m not sure I know how to convey it.

You know this women/sexism topic that’s becoming really prevalent lately?

My question is that if the STW editorial stance of being “it’s all bloody awful and it’s all sexist!”, is intentional?

Might just be my interpretation, but I’ve been surprised by the complete bias towards that everything that could be sexist, IS, sexist, with no sincere attempt at a balanced view.

You know, if you take a stance on everything that could have a label of sexist, it’s a bit like shooting fish in a barrel.

I did say I’m not sure how to say it 🙂

Oh, and Boaty McBoatface or not?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

have you ever wrestled naked with Guy Kesteven, in front of a large open log fire? If not, would you like to?

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

Who would win in a fist fight? And with what special move would they finally despatch the opposition?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

If you had to ride one MTB for rest of your life, would it be a 2016 model, or something else?

Saccades
    Free Member

What’s the biggest animal you could throw over a football crossbar?

Who’d be able to throw the biggest/heaviest?

Stoner
    Free Member

Im going to help out bearnecessities here.

I may well be wrong, but there’s a soft spot for Cyclenaut (Chris Garrison) within management, all of her articles in ST have generally been along the line of “men are bad mmkay” and it’s getting tiresome. There seems to be a determination to get all #Gamergate in the MTB world, and for the most part in the STW-sphere it’s a misplaced gripe IMO.

I’m sure it’s all very worthy having some articles in ST on the subject, but for the most part you’re preaching to the choir/and/or insulting the readership.

Anyway, to the Qu at hand:

1) what has held you back from achieving what you would have wished of ST (if anything) and what is that?
    2) what is the most genital-tinglingly* fantastic thing you’ve had the chance to do solely because you’re the proprietor/senior journalist of an MTB mag?
    3) Fox v Pinder?
    4) how much does the forum or do the formites matter to you?

And to put a bit of a testy one out there: “family” articles are few and far between (pretty much non-existent). As we’ve all got hideously deformed, white-haired, bald and old over the years, a large proportion of STWers are raising children too. Not to put too fine a point on it: but there’s not a lot of children in the ST family, a) is that a personal choice or lifestyle inevitability and b) does it influence the editorial style?

* gender-neutral, see.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Are you Ronnie Pickering?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Will you do a bike test with Ronnie Fooking Pickering.
    Secret shopper at Dave Hinde?

rOcKeTdOg

Would you like to come round, ride & have tea & cake?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 227 total)

The topic ‘What would you like to ask Mark and Chipps?’ is closed to new replies.