Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)
  • What would you like for xmas?
  • darthpunk
    Free Member

The question that I get asked every year and I usually reply with “I dunno”. Then spend a week trawling Amazon for inspiration only to find I don’t want anything really, but heres a few things to waste your money on.

So what have you asked Santa for this year?

Rubber_Buccaneer

World peace and an end to poverty

Caher

My mother back.

mikejd

Same here. Can’t really think of much I need, usually if i need something I just buy it. Bigger problem is what to get my wife. She has horses but generally buys whatever she needs when she needs it. I’d rather not get anything than something I don’t need.

somafunk

A complete tory cabinet voodoo doll kit, and a gallon of petrol/box of matches.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’d like it to be decent riding weather from 24th to 31st Dec so attempting the Festive 500 isn’t an unpleasant experience.

Kryton57

A rest, no stress and some time with my family.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Mariah Carey?

fasthaggis

For Donald Trump to blow up on telly,Men in Black style,revealing a small angry alien.

bikerevivesheffield

A years supply of customers for Bike Revive Sheffield 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

A pestle & mortar and some slippers.

ElShalimo

Someone to do my ironing

trail_rat
    Free Member

To avoid similar conversation i keep a mental list of things id like from nov onwards…..

so we are at a soup/warm meal flask.

DezB
    Free Member

Only one thing – the Debbie Harry autobiography please.

DezB
    Free Member

perchypanther

Mariah Carey?

I’d certainly be sick of that by Boxing Day.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Power kite.

binners

A Razzle subscription and 20 Bensons

escrs
    Free Member

Same as every year, a yearly parking permit for QECP

Dont need anything bike wise and the parking permit pays for itself within 6 months

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

a cybergoth christmas party

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Howsyourdad…

doris5000

dunno. Was tempted to get myself one of those hugely reflective Pro Viz cycling jackets, so I might ask for that.

It’s a bit of a boring thing to ask for for Xmas, but at least I know I’ll get plenty of use out of it.

That second sentence is possibly the most depressing thing I have ever written.

Drac

A labour government.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

“its not a phase mum I love Steely Dan”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🤣

reluctantjumper

A few choices from Trail maps.co.uk, a years supply of chamois cream, same for chain lube and a BPW gift voucher. The family have agreed to not buy loads of crap for each other for the last few years so we’re good at drawing up lists and then choosing from those to suit each others budgets.

The annoying thing for me is it’s my birthday just afterwards so I end up with loads of crap for that instead!

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I’ve asked for a soldering station, I usually ask for tools.

A Couple of years ago I asked for an RC drift car, it was a slipper slope and now I have a much better one which has cost a few quid.

So much fun though.

ads678

For my wife to yes* and a massive dump**

*to going away snowboarding over new year.

**of fresh snow just before we get there!!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

willard

A sense of purpose and direction. I’m really feeling like those are lacking right now.

I really fricking hate Christmas

benv
    Free Member

A sex doll robot that does housework.

hodgynd
    Free Member

My watch clasp replaced ..it hasn’t been on my wrist for over 2 years now and there always seems to be something else requiring that chunk of cash ..
    ..oh and I nearly forgot ..world peace and the end to poverty & starvation ..

RicB

Some decent wireless headphones, a Stans Dart tool (see other thread!), chainsaw (new wood burner installed)

Oh and Boris and Trump to reach critical
    mass when they next shake hands and implode into nothingness.

molgrips
    Free Member

Half of the cost of a frame repair (the other half was a birthday gift). Other than that, lots of After Eight mints and loads of food.

BillMC

A chisel, a bottle from the Medoc and Corbyn in No 10.

pondo

Books, can’t have enough of ’em. 🙂

onehundredthidiot

A sharpener for my new global.knives (in case they ever need sharpened) and a lot of plasters. One week, three cuts running short on Elastoplast.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Woodworm treatment for my loft. Life goals and all that!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

It often falls on deaf ears and I get stuff I don’t need or want, but these days I’d rather look out for bargain cycling stuff, buy it and have a pool of any donations Paypal gifted to me towards it via my better half… Most of which would be items I wouldn’t expect people to buy me individually.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ve already had mine, I wanted a new wetsuit for winter surfing so I bought one of these. Unfortunately it doesn’t include the model’s hair so I’ll continue to be a slaphead.

wetsuit

https://www.animal.co.uk/mens-wetsuits-mens/phoenix_pro_wetsuit-black-AW9WQ001002S.html

carlos
    Free Member

To avoid similar conversation i keep a mental list of things id like from October onwards…..

This^^

Like most, I usually just buy what I need when I either need it or feel like it. Making a bit of a list means I actually get stuff I want. What I don’t get and can remember, I just get in the Jan sales.

Some ideas this year were – track pump, bag rain cover, Evoc back pack, Gin (always have Gin on any list), couple of bike tools, Lee Childs latest book, bike socks

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘What would you like for xmas?’ is closed to new replies.