Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • What would you do with my Volvo v70
  • boblo
    Free Member

All us v70 fanbois are wasting our time. The OP has made his (her?) mind up which is obvious from the drip fed negativity. Started with just ‘4 tyres and a light’ then each counterpoint was countered with a new revelation.

Get rid and buy whatever suits though I’m not sure what will given the need for 3 rows of seats and luggage. A mini bus?

bikerevivesheffield

@boblo, the negativity isn’t drip fed its as i remembered. I love my V70 and would keep it for ever if it were suitable for my family. My question was initially what shall i do with it – i.e.how do i move it on. Not stated i NEED 3 rows of seats anywhere, i need 5 seats hence the berlingo thread and space for kid based attire like a pram etc so need a boot

bikerevivesheffield

@boblo from the OP for clarity – i have emboldened the important bits so you don’t miss them

it needs an MOT in 10 days and to pass needs at least 4 tyres and some work on the hand brake, it’s got a cracked rear light 😓 to. Apart from that it’s sound but i can’t throw cash at it as it’s now a seat to small for the family and needs doing for a car with 3 proper rear seats.

boblo
    Free Member

Yeah thanks for that summary. It did get a bit drip fed (you have to admit) and it came over a bit as ‘yeah, yeah but what about this other thing I’ve just thought of…’.

I think you said you needed 3 child seats as well which usually means not across a ‘standard’ rear bench seat as they’re not wide enough for x3? I’m no expert on kiddie seats tho so it sounds like either an extra wide car, an extra row of seats or the adult not driving taking the bus 😁

Sorry if you think I was having a pop at you but it really sounded like your mind was made up as you shot each suggestion down.

nparker

Got £375 via eBay for my non-running 05 V70 a couple of years ago. Injector had gone on the #5 cylinder and it had quite a few other issues. Local garage told me that Eastern Europeans like them as the labour to fix it up is cheaper back home. Mine is now somewhere in Lithuania..

bikerevivesheffield

@boblo – it is made up – i need a bigger car, ideally a van like a pug expert tepee but what i do with the V70 is what i need to decide, chop in to WBAC/get through mot and sell/sell to steveh

singletrackmind

Is itba manual 2.4 D5
    With heated leathet, cruise, air con and parking g sensors?
    I am very interested if it is , just saying

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Sell it to singletrackmind as is and keep it in the ‘family’.

bikerevivesheffield

@singletrackmind all that minus parking sensors

boblo
    Free Member

Mine had rear parking sensors. I still reversed into a wall… 🙄 Coincidently it needed a new tail light – new boxed OE from eBay at £100 and a bit of bumper fettling/spraying at £150 cash (ahem). Bolleux. It didn’t survive the £3k auto box repair and was traded in. Shame, I really liked it 😢

timbog160

Sell it for the £400, move on and buy a new car. Whether you think it has more value or not is irrelevant if you’re not in a position to do the things that need doing to achieve that value.

Buuuuut if your ‘new’ car is actually a cheap high mileage banger, you may find yourself back at square one of course.!

bikerevivesheffield

@steveh had given me a lifeline, not is up on 30th November
    Breathing space

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Eagerly looks forward to follow up V70 thread.

RustyNissanPrairie
    bikerevivesheffield

New tyres tomorrow and then see where we are at on monday’s mot day

keithb

Are you sure you cannot fit 3 child seats in the volvo?  It’s one of the few cars with a flat-ish rear bench, and nice wide central sections for seats.   Though in fairness, space to fit the seats, and then room to actually get your hands in to do up the seatbelts between them are different things.

It would be on my list for a car once my SMax goes, but I need something newer that are available now.

bikerevivesheffield

The kids are:
    Newborn – BIG seat
    Toddler – 2 booster seat with back as he’s a big lad
    Oldest – 11 (but small) booster seat – even 2 booster seats and a baby was a struggle a few years ago with actually having space to do seatbelts up

ajc
    Free Member

My brother managed fine with 3 kid seats in his volvo. At 11 your oldest isn’t going to need a booster for long, just tell him to squeeze up a bit. I have a 2003 v70. When it goes to the garage for mot all the mechanics rave about them being great bombproof cars.

FB-ATB

Surely the 11yo doesn’t need a booster/ won’t need it for long? Then they go in the middle, especially if they’re small.

bikerevivesheffield

**Update**
    MOT day -new tyres, 2 number plates, pads all round and it’s all good for another year 😃👍 so if anything wants it from here Inc roof bars and 2 Thule racks then I’ll swap it for £600 by the weekend. Then it’s on Facebook marketplace

Bought a Peugeot Expert 6 seater so all kids inside and bikes 👍👍

hugo
    Free Member

No amount of clever fixes to ace the MOT will provide another seat to sit on!

singletrackmind

Still interested
    Could you please pm a phone number and good time to call you
    Then we can talk about the car , logistics, covid, tax, insurance etc

bikerevivesheffield

Gone to a local fella for£500 😊

trumpton
    Free Member

Well done keeping it going.many would have scrapped it.

bikerevivesheffield

Quick update @steveh especially, sold to the car man at the top of my road (Bradley street) and STOLEN on monday night 🙁
    Still my name on the log book that was IN THE CAR, issues?

garage-dweller

Letter to DVLA and call to the Police re the V5.

You know you’re supposed to have sent off a bit anyway don’t you?

bikerevivesheffield

yes but as it was a dealer he was sending it off for me when he’d resold it on

steveh

The guys who run the car parts shop and always have some cars for sale? Hindsight is easy but regardless of the trader bit you should still send off (or better now do it online).

I think all it means in this case is easier for whoever nicked it to sell on. No risk to you I can think of. If you have a photo of v5 you can at least tell dvla you don’t own it?

bruneep

You bought the car off Steve and flipped to a dealer and it has been stolen from dealer?

Is it not the dealers issue now

duncancallum

You can do it online if you know the v5c number

But I’d call police and try and call the dvla

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘What would you do with my Volvo v70’ is closed to new replies.