Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • What would you do? – Illegal car based activities
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Shop him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he hasn’t got a current license either.

Remember, driving is a priviledge, not a right and come with conditions. If they can’t afford insurance / Tax / MOT, then they shouldn’t be driving at all and get on a bus or bike

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

No “last chances”, just shop him. It’s serious stuff and I’m hacked off with paying a premium to cover his/her stupidity.

andyl
    Free Member

Remember, driving is a priviledge, not a right and come with conditions

Took the exact words out of my mouth.

I think people who flout any law or let cars get into dangerous conditions should have their licenses revoked.

That would be one way the government can get rid of a lot of cars and drivers off the roads which can only be a good thing for everyone.

PS you can double check his tax expiry on the taxdisc site and you could check if he has insurance on the askmid site but that is illegal if you don’t own the car.

trail_rat
    Free Member

id shop him and id tell him i was doing it ….

dan1980
    Free Member

Cheers all, I’ll give him one last chance to get it sorted, and then shop him.

He’s not boasted about it, I noticed his tax was running out and suggested he should get it sorted (trying to be helpful in case he’d not noticed, he is dopey like that) he then told me he couldn’t because his MOT had run out as had his insurance. This was about a week ago, and I’ve been trying to get him to do something, and getting more concerned that he’s not been doing anything.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“This was about a week ago,”

and hes still driving it ….

shop the ****. Am i alone in that once the mot or tax has run out the car doesnt move till its replaced or im taking it to be mot`d

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Shop him! What’s the reg no, I’ll do it for you!

Junkyard
    Free Member

shop him for all the reasons mentioned above

We pay to cover this risk and there really is no excuse for this sort of behaviour

anokdale
    Free Member

I would be nicked the first day i did anything like that, oh and shop him ASAP i am paying over the top insurance to cover dickheads like him when they prang another car or hit a kid.

totalshell

thank him .. tell him you ve dobbed him in and crimestoppers are sending you a cheque..

bigdawg
    Free Member

why on earth are you giving him more time?!?!

Hes abviously doing this deliberately, he hasnt notified them of his change of address (an offence in itself) so he’ll claim he never recevied the reminders when he’s stopped.

Before he has an accident or hits someone do something – tell him now (or even show him this post) that if he doesnt do something about it youll report him to the police – if he again tells you its none of your business call them – I don’t know why youve waited this long

Gary_C

Cheers all, I’ll give him one last chance to get it sorted, and then shop him.

Whats wrong with ‘shopping him’ now?

yunki
    Free Member

andyl
    Free Member

I’d stop mentioning it to him and avoid him and then shop him.

A bit cowardly I know but he’s not worth the trouble it could cause at work etc.

cupra
    Free Member

Just give us the reg number and we’ll do it online.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

How nice

yossarian
    Free Member

Only become someone elses moral compass when you are sure yours works properly.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘What would you do? – Illegal car based activities’ is closed to new replies.