Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 126 total)
  • What would you do?
  • iDave
    Free Member

Czech’s in the post JY

singletrackmind

Ok , Maybe weeing in her wellies wont see £27 dropping through your door . So , How about sort of a round robin generic Christmas Card . Same for every house , including hers . Paraphrase the following ” Big thank you to all who actually contributed to the upkeep of the lane , Merry Christmas “
    Just enough to leave it hanging so every one knows someone didnt pay up.
    Shame her into paying .
    Unless she is brassic , then leave it to the karma police

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That over-reaction is about what I’ve come to expect from JY 😐

matt_outandabout

Even if she had come round and apologised, saying she really couldn’t afford it because it was Christmas and given me something of no monetary value (a homemade Christmas card for example) I would have been happy.

Did you explain this to her? If not, I would pop round and make it plain that this is the case – and be prepared to stump up the money. I would expect some gratitude even if she has no cash.

It is incredibly rude and inconsiderate, but as above there are more important things in life.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wee in her wellies

Or even better; poo in them. Then, right, when she puts them on it’ll squidge between her toes. 😀

Mind you if she don’t wear them for a while, it might dry up and harden then she could just tip it out onto the floor and it’ll go bonk! as it lands.

If it really dries out, it might just crumble to dust and not smell at all.

I’m not sure it’ll turn white though.

yossarian
    Free Member

Why not just go round when she’s in, knock on her door and her nicely for your £27? She might give you £27 in cash, or a cheque or might not be able to pay. Whatever happens please, please update us as quickly as you can.

I thought you northern types were all refreshingly straightforward and stuff, didn’t realise there are little yorkshire princesses too. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

That over-reaction is about what I’ve come to expect from JY

how can you say that about me eh I though we were friends well if that is how it is you are not getting the JLS CD now
    and me over reacting

BadlyWiredDog

enfht
    Free Member

Dig a new pothole the same width as the others were, but 10 feet deep. Hopefully she’ll fall in and drown herself to death. Finally, use any left over material to fill the hole back in. Then kill her pets and burn her house down if you’re still angry.

Or set fire to Elfnsafety and make me feel pleasantly contented over Christmas.

Or creep around into her back garden and smash her back door in, pouring white dulux all over the walls as punishment.

Or just put it down to experience, not fussed which to be honest.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😆

Jamie
    Free Member

Chill out M_F. Stress is a killer. You don’t want your family to have to contact this guy:

project
    Free Member

She may have no money, having just spent the last few peenies on keeping the heat on, and getting a few luxuries for christmas from the local pound shop.

or pehaps she wouldnt lie still long enough for you to cover her in ready mixed tarmac.

joolsburger
    Free Member

martymac

i understand where youre coming from, its not about the money, its the principle of not being told the truth.
    its simple bad manners, all it would take is ‘im really sorry, i dont have any money just now’ etc.
    id say try and forget it over christmas, but ask her again in the new year.

totalshell

folks occasionally owe me money.. i look at it like this.. i dont need the money desperately but… my kids eat about 30 quid a week its a tenner each for after school clubs which is easier manning up and knocking on a door and being blunt or telling the kids no food or guitar lessons this week ..

you ve done the graft now get the cash.. cos one things certain she wont be on mumsnet worring how to break it to you that she still owes you 27 quid..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Why not just go round when she’s in, knock on her door and her nicely for your £27? She might give you £27 in cash, or a cheque or might not be able to pay. Whatever happens please, please update us as quickly as you can.

I did that at the weekend and she promised to pop a cheque round that night.

Liking the responses now though – making me smile:-)

scotsman
    Free Member

Forget about it till the new year then if she still hasn’t paid up have a wee party for all your other neighbours apart from her, that’ll teach her the tight bitch 😆

yossarian
    Free Member

I did that at the weekend and she promised to pop a cheque round that night.

Then gut her like a stinking fish

Pigface
    Free Member

Wait till it rains and all the holes reappear there will be an angry mob baying for blood.

Tar and feather her seems a simple solution.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Has the OP’s job been snagged yet?

project
    Free Member

Dig potholes in her part of the road

martinxyz
    Free Member

As above. Bury her. Make sure theres no sharp edged diamond ring left on her finger and use quality 3M parcel tape.

sweepy
    Free Member

Everytime you see her point and shout ‘Paid-0’

Muke
    Free Member

This is obviously causing you a problem so go and speak to her about it or just MTFU and move on with life

Job Done

LenHankie

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Is she fit?

Go round and ask to pay you off by giving you a right seeing to?

Woody
    Free Member

I would pop round after Christmas and just politely ask again.

This ^^

Not worth getting steamed up just yet but after 3 days hard graft I’d make bloody sure I got it eventually and presumably she will get paid at the end of the month. The non-payment to her neighbour sounds like she makes a habit of it. DON’T LET HER OFF!

donks
    Free Member

Bombers…..it’s the only way to resolve neighbourly disputes.

toby1

Ask yourself, what would Flanders do?

Joolsburger – loving the pictorial revenge!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

chillout FFS – you seem to get so wound up about stuff. IIRC this is at least the third post about your private road. there was somone parking on it and claiming bits with white stones. you couldn’t get it agreed to repair it. FFS one person hasn’t paid up straight away? Get a grip. Save your angst for important things

TheBrick
    Free Member

dig a trench across the entrance to her drive.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Save your angst for important things

Principles are important.

Pieface

If you continue to maintain the road for x amount of time can’t you make a legal claim for the land? a work colleague is doing similar on a patch of grass next to her house, but that may be a local byelaw that doesn’t apply to your situation.

igm

Set up a toll and tell her others have paid for season passes

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    chillout FFS – you seem to get so wound up about stuff. IIRC this is at least the third post about your private road. there was somone parking on it and claiming bits with white stones. you couldn’t get it agreed to repair it. FFS one person hasn’t paid up straight away? Get a grip. Save your angst for important things
    POSTED 53 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

As usual you aren’t actually recalling previous posts correctly and as I have told you before I don’t make shit up so basically your post is utter bollocks which is probably – as I am beginning to realise – the same for most of your posts.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Go round in the evening on Christmas day, and take any money/gift-cards people sent to her as Christmas presents.

Woody
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

chillout FFS – you seem to get so wound up about stuff.

That has made my day 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Or set fire to Elfnsafety and make me feel pleasantly contented over Christmas.

Nice.

I bet you don’t need to spend much on heating, what with all that hate keeping you warm.

You sad, pathetic nomark.

edhornby

Invoice her – first step to recovering the money via small claims court

or just a poster at the entrance to the road

‘wanted, have you seen this woman, dead or alive, reward £27 you tight cow’

enfht
    Free Member

8)

What keeps you warm on nights like this when you’re out prowling around naked?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘What would you do?’ is closed to new replies.