What would the discerning STW'er wear to a wedding in Rome?

Home Forum Chat Forum What would the discerning STW'er wear to a wedding in Rome?

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • What would the discerning STW'er wear to a wedding in Rome?
  • Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

Update.

Thinking I will go for linen but edging toward a navy suit (I will spill food and drink on a light colour)

Something like this..(but with a fatter face)

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

Are you single or are you going as a couple? If the former then the only correct answer is a kilt – plus a club to fend them off with.

(I’m assuming you’re not a Scot otherwise I’d assume you’d wear a skirt)

naaaah, rentakilt anyways

Premier Icon sparksmcguff
    Subscriber

Sandals, toga, laurels?

Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

Not single, going with wife.

grantway

footflaps – Member
    A nice linen suit?

+ 1 or a suite from Paul Smith

Dark Side

I’m currently in Italy, though further North in Turin. On the way into work this morning I walked past a gentleman with a black tie printed on his white shirt. This solution will save you time and money, plus your sartorial elegance will be the talk of the wedding.

grum

You’re buying a suit just to go to one wedding?

TiRed

Navy blue linen suit. Try Jaeger, I bought a very nice linen wool blend last summer.

Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber

What would the discerning STW’er wear to a wedding in Rome?

Hmmmm?, a hard one for sure?….

i think i’d wear some form of leg covering, jeans or trousers, perhaps a top (shirt/t-shirt) to cover the upper half and i guess i’d wear some form of footwear as well, if it’s cold i’d wear my beanie (merino of course – i’m not an idiot)

There you go…my top tips for fashion sense in a nutshell.

Premier Icon JoeG
    Subscriber

You’re British?

aP

If you’re a Brit, then it’s incumbent upon you to wear British clothing, ranging from Richard James, via Paul Smith (not PS though), ending up somewhere slightly relaxed like Universal Works.
    Alternatively, get off the plane, go straight to la Rinascente and buy your outfit there.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘What would the discerning STW'er wear to a wedding in Rome?’ is closed to new replies.