Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • What would spend the £500 on?
  • n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

After today’s events, a new commuting bike is a good contender.

Bunnyhop

Definitely going to a local business. Was thinking of a good painter and decorator.

Or you could let me make your soft furnishings. I’ve finally got some orders after 4 months without work, but the order books aren’t full and I can’t see work every being the same again.

loum
    Free Member

I’ve spent mine already.
    Why not? It’s virtually guaranteed money.
    Guess a lot of people will have too, a bit of retail therapy after months of lockdown. Boosted the economy too.
    There’s no way they’d let this out then pull a U-turn, would they?

flicker
    Free Member

I’ve spent mine already.
    Why not? It’s virtually guaranteed money.
    Guess a lot of people will have too, a bit of retail therapy after months of lockdown. Boosted the economy too.
    There’s no way they’d let this out then pull a U-turn, would they?

It’s not come from the government, it’s an idea that’s been put to the government by an independent think tank, one of many ideas suggested.

tthew

There was no mention of this amongst plans that are going to be announced today, such as stamp duty holidays, young staff employment grants and VAT reductions when I was listening to Radio 4 this morning. Put your wallets away people.

Oggles
    Free Member

“What would you spend the 50% off meals out, up to a maximum of £10 per head, during the month of August on?”

donncha

<“What would you spend the 50% off meals out, up to a maximum of £10 per head, during the month of August on?”>

Monday to Wednesday

martinhutch

Eat Out to Help Out

Puerile snigger.

Oggles
    Free Member

Monday to Wednesday

Woah -I was so amazed listening to Sunak’s announcement that I missed that bit.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Guitaring toys.
    I’ve spent enough on bikes over the last 10 years.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just ordered a new surfboard.
    When do we get the £500 to pay for it?

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘What would spend the £500 on?’ is closed to new replies.