Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What work/productivity related apps or software do you happily pay for?
  • webwonkmtber
    Free Member

What apps or software do you happily pay for having found they make a difference to your working day or general organisation/productivity. So, clearly I don’t mean MS Office.

I’ve long been a tight arse on this front and have never bothered paying for anything, but I recently discovered Otter.ai for the iPad and now very happily pay for that – it’s made a big part of my job easier and better. Otter automatically transcribes meetings/interviews and is accurate enough to be useful.

So, in true STW fashion, what do you have/recommend?

colournoise

Only ‘productivity’ thing I pay for is Standard Notes. Used to pay for Evernote but it got a bit bloated for me so I switched. I love Standard Notes’ stripped back and customisable approach, and the encryption and auto backup stuff is cool too.

School runs on a locked down installation of Office 365 so tend to stick to that as linking in 3rd party apps is either not allowed or just a PITA.

mj27
    Free Member

Trello. you can pay for it but I have used the free version with my team for 8 years and it does just what I want.

oldtennisshoes

Trello and Mural (Miro is also good)

Daffy

I actually pay my own money for MS Office as my company has decided that G-Shite is the way forward. It’s like using Office 95!

mattyfez

I think the choice of phrase ‘happlily pay for’ it the acellese heel in the OPs question 😀

the00
    Free Member

The accountant firm I use includes a subscription to Dext for photographing receipts, stores them electronically, and has someone (I think it must be a person somewhere) fill in the fields of supplier and value and tax for download.
    Makes a mind numbing expenses claim moderately easier.

CountZero

The accountant firm I use includes a subscription to Dext for photographing receipts, stores them electronically, and has someone (I think it must be a person somewhere) fill in the fields of supplier and value and tax for download.
    Makes a mind numbing expenses claim moderately easier.

Photographing receipts on an iPhone allows you to select any text in a photo, copy it and paste into a document where those extra items can be added. It’s a very recent feature in iOS 15.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What work/productivity related apps or software do you happily pay for?’ is closed to new replies.