Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • What will you be doing on NYE?
  • jekkyl

me? I shall be at home with my wife, some whisky and a good film. Lamenting my youth and the days when NYE was the best night of the year, up to my eyeballs in illegal narcotics dancing till 4am and then chilling till about midday the following day before falling asleep for a day.
    😀

john_drummer
    Free Member

sounds about right. apart from the narcotics, booze was bad enough

tarquin
    Free Member

Having dinner in the botanical gardens in Sydney, should be good, only going to do it once!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Sounds like we are getting pissed with the neighbours again. We have great neighbours 😀

pondo

Few beers in a quiet pub, then back to my bro’s house for a few more beers to see the year in and pen a list of resolutions longer than yer arm. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Staying in with my kid.
    Probably watching The Godfather I & II (when he’s gone to bed).

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’ll be stuck at work 🙁

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Bartending

grahamt1980

Drinking and indoor climbing and silly card games.
    Worked last year with no damages so should be fun.

kendo954
    Free Member

Friends house with the wife and 2 other couples – curry and alcohol

bigblackshed

Funny you should mention that. 😉

NYE I’ll be travelling to do a sponsored swim at Saundersfoot in Pembrokeshire for Herefordshire Riding for the Disabled on NYD.

You can read about it HERE.

Thanks.

Haze

Out for food, back home before 12 for a few drinks.

Road ride New Years Day 🙂

crush83
    Free Member

Working, In Afghanistan, again. Lol

bearnecessities

Bartending

Ouch. Good luck!

Houns

Ride/walk during day. Will be asleep at midnight as have to be up early NY day for an 11 hour shift.

somafunk

Depending on if i’m up for it/or in the fettle/can be arsed with the 200mile round trip i could either be at the Sub-Club for Andrew Weatherall or at St Judes for Funk D’Void/Bosco/Rebecca Vasmant – on the guestlist for both so i should really make the effort to show appreciation but to be honest my body & brain at the age of 41 takes so long to recover from a night of abuse that NYE with the excess and abuse that i know will take place is breaking me out in a cold sweat already…so i am undecided as to what to do?………or perhaps i’ll head round to a mates big house for his party but then again that will be more of the same – these days i actually enjoy waking up feeling refreshed on NY day rather than kicking the arse out of it till 8am then collapsing and taking 3 days to recover.

#boringoldfart&pipe+slippers+mugofhorlicks 😀

hammyuk
    Free Member

Fire will be lit, a nice Eau de Vie and no relatives or in-laws to keep happy 🙂

piemonster

Forcing conversation with the potential inlaws.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

up to my eyeballs in illegal narcotics dancing till 4am and then chilling till about midday the following day before falling asleep for a day.

this ^^^^^

*oh sorry that was another life many moons ago will be in a pretentious pub in Crouch end with the wife and few other socialites that think they are still young and hip…

edlong
    Free Member

Turning 40.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Seeing in the new year on top of Mam Tor

ton

spending it at my son’s with his new fiancé and her parents.

I hope I get manful in the next 24hrs……… 🙁

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

but you can look at the new fiancé and the mother…

trail_rat
    Free Member

First new year in our house , Friends coming round, dinner was bought yesterday , big ass brisket for the slow cooker from costco , a night in front of fire , beer, whisky and wine , followed by bike riding on nyd 🙂

ton

but you can look at the new fiancé and the mother…

fiancé is 20 you perv………mother is a vegan teetotal runner…. 🙄

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

fiancé is 20 you perv………mother is a vegan teetotal runner….

20 is fine age…nothing perv about that…and the mother must be a RUNNER BEAN !

Woody
    Free Member

Working until 10pm if I’m lucky (longer if the bollox from 111 continues like past few days) and will have a quiet couple of beers and nibbles with the missus as I’m also working next day 🙁

yossarian
    Free Member

We usually go round to a friend’s house for a party but I suspect that our invite has been withdrawn for this year after I got pissed and argued with some people at a dinner party round there last week after one of them decided to shout at my kids (red mist time). Suits me down to the ground to be honest. The hosts are lovely people, most of their friends are pretentious dick splashes of the highest order. Instead we are going round to some other friends instead which will be loads more chilled and fun.

New Year’s Day will be spent drinking excessively round a bonfire on the beach as the kids try and drown each other in the surf.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Finishing off the half-bottle of plonk from the weekend. Staying up to watch the first 15 minutes of Jools Holland. Moaning about how it’s always a load of rubbish. Going to bed.

😉

Travis

staying alcohol free!
    It’ll be my first NYE like it.

I’m just going to treat it like a normal school night.

cinnamon_girl

I hope I get manful in the next 24hrs

I don’t think we need to know that ton, or do you mean manflu?? 😀

mother is a vegan teetotal runner..

Sounds a barrel of laughs, not the runner bit. 🙂

carlosg
    Free Member

We’ll be spending the night at home , get the kids in bed by 9ish then crack open a nice bottle or 2 to see the new year in.

momo

Dinner and drinks with good friends for us, nothing too over the top as I want to be able to go out for a ride on NYD.

hammyuk
    Free Member

ton – Member
    fiancé is 20 you perv………

Should have a cracking arse if the mothers genes carried over….

mother is a vegan teetotal runner….

See above….. ( teetotal? Just bake some lovely “cakes” then enjoy 😉 )

kimbers

jekkyl – Member
    me? I shall be at home with my wife, some whisky and a good film. Lamenting my youth and the days when NYE was the best night of the year, up to my eyeballs in illegal narcotics dancing till 4am and then chilling till about midday the following day before falling asleep for a day.

sounds about right but i will also be binging on cheese and going out on the friday night with the wife-kids at the parents so I can spend a hangover asleep in bed till midday!!!!!!!!!!!!

discapade
    Free Member

Twil be like any other sat night….kids in bed, wife asleep on the sofa, I’ll be watching a geezer film

Waderider
    Free Member

Beginning to look like I’ll be home alone. Might nip into a local bothy….could drive down to Glasgow to be with the wife and in-laws, but nay thanks!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Quite like to be here, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9d7AI1T3oo

iolo
    Free Member

Staying at a nice lakeside hotel in Hallstatt in the mountains of Austria. It’s unseasonably warm though so unfortunately there will be no snow.

freeagent
    Free Member

We’re having a party….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘What will you be doing on NYE?’ is closed to new replies.