Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What will it cost me have someone come and install a boiler?
  • Daffy

My oil combi has packed up – I can again bodge it for about £450-500 by replacing the water tank or there’s an 18m old one for sale locally which is still under guarantee until 2025. Now I’d need to somehow collect and transport the 178kg beast, but assuming I can do that – what would I be looking at to get it installed in the same location as my old one?

I really don’t want to spend money on an oil boiler at all, but I can’t afford a GS heatpump yet.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ring people to get quotes ?

You can’t get a heat engineer around here at the minute so prices are ridiculous

Marko

External WB Green star heat slave 2 cost us £5,460 last year if that helps. That’s fully installed, checked and commissioned. I’d run all the pipe work to the boiler, so they only had to drill through a wall and hook up to the oil supply. I’m in the Wye valley BTW.

lesgrandepotato

I don’t remember it being particularly expensive when we took ours out and refitted with the thermal store. A days work or so, so £250 up north. No ideas down south.

Move it like an Egyptian. Broom handles for rollers. Bangles songs optional

northernremedy

About to get internal floor mounted 25/32 Worcester Bosch boiler fitted. New valves, flush, TADO thermostat installs and the usual work to sort the piping etc at back – £5k

ampthill

I think a Worcester boiler install can be very expensive to meet warranty. Our was installed by a neighbour who was recomended by my brother in law who had done loads of jobs with him. He spent days on it. He said the warranty needed him to fill and drain the system until it ran cleat. But you dont need a warranty install. Just so make that clear when getting quotes

Greybeard
    Free Member

He said the warranty needed him to fill and drain the system until it ran cleat. But you dont need a warranty install.

On the other hand if you’re getting a new boiler it will work better if the system is clear. Does it have inhibitor in the circulating water? When I had my boiler replaced (by a gas safe registered mate) I took all the radiators off while the system was drained, hosed them through to get the black sludge out and refitted them with thermostatic valves (which they didn’t originally have).

spanishfly
    Free Member

After several quotes, we changed out a condensing boiler for a combi (Worcester) getting rid of all tanks etc £3.5k

dannybgoode

We paid £2500 ish to have our old boiler + hot water tank stripped out and replaced with a combi + Nest. There was a surprising amount of pipe work that needed changing as a result.

Nice and efficient though is the new boiler…

ampthill

I’m not complaining about my installation. I’m just thinking that if it’s a tide you over job it could be done cheaper

goldfish24

I had an oil boiler (system not combo) moved to another location in the same house for £600. Included annual service and a fair bit of re piping, new core drill for flue.

andy4d

We were charged around 400 iirc about 2 Years ago from a local plumber/installer to fit a new gas boiler. He gave me a list of what to buy from a local supplier (boiler, inhibitor, magnet thingy, pipes, connectors etc was about 1,500 iirc) and it saved a fair bit from getting someone to supply and fit and still has the 7 year warranty etc. it was pi$$ing with rain when he installed it so I gave him an extra 50 from what he asked.

CountZero

My old Baxi boiler packed up just before Christmas last year. I tried a local company but they didn’t even respond, but I have a maintenance contract with British Gas, although I get my gas and electric through ScottishPower. They quoted £5k, but I had a discount because of the service contract, and it ended up costing mt around £4600, and that also included removing the old immersion tank in the airing cupboard, which had proved to be a godsend during the month or so before getting the new combi fitted, because that gave us plenty of hot water for washing, etc. Plus I had an extra radiator installed in the lounge, which had never had one, due to there being a gas fire that was part of the Baxi.
    Took a couple of days to complete the installation, but it’s been worth it, especially as it has a Hive controlled temperature system.
    They even gave us several little fan heaters to warm up rooms while they were in use, and never took them away.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What will it cost me have someone come and install a boiler?’ is closed to new replies.