Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • What will be twice as expensive in a year?
  • Alek
    Free Member

Never good at predictions but with all this recession going on…….

Mortgage! Heating! Electricity! Bikes! Kit! are the obvious ones (amongst the many)

Maybe I should ask what ‘wont’ be twice the price in a year ❗

Stoner
    Free Member

your vote?

SST
    Free Member

Bread
    Chocolate

Drac

Mortgage twice as much, that would take a huge hike in interest rates.

In fact anything 100% more than now is unlikely.

allybee
    Free Member

Santa Cruz frames 😉

mudshark
    Free Member

The wife

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

the way things are it will be the Euro

Alek
    Free Member

Like I said, I’m not good at predictions but there will be some things that will be a lot more expensive this time next year.

Suppose if you’ve no job then everythings gonna be expensive 🙁

Already hearing of friends being ‘released’ from employment and more will surely follow this year.

chewkw
    Free Member

The last time there was a food bill increment it was attributed to crude oil price shy rocketing to $148/barrel.

But now crude oil has dropped to half or more than half 8 months ago, so why the hell is the price of some items still remain at the inflated 50%?

😯

Drac

Suppose if you’ve no job then everythings gonna be expensive

No it stays the same, did you got to the same maths lessons as Smee?

noteeth
    Free Member

Love.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

My salary

🙂

Alek
    Free Member

My bosses expenditure

Unemployment insurance

Wood

Running a car

Organic fruit+veg

Cup of tea

Taxi

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

Rice.

Oh wait, that’s double the price in a month, not a year.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Anything that currently at 50% discount

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Oh, and bike insurance

meehaja
    Free Member

cat foods gone up…

NZCol

Cheese – how the f uck can a block of cheese cost the same as a 6 pack of beer now ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I takes longer to make cheese. Probably.
    How big is the block btw ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i alwasy made cheese sandwiches as th were cheep (add salad, fancy cheese, etc for variety)

Then realised steak was imperceptibly more expesive, so now eat that several times a week instead.

AlasdairMc

Anything in Zimbabwe

brakes
    Free Member

hopefully income tax for banking executives will be

Drac

Cheese – how the f uck can a block of cheese cost the same as a 6 pack of beer now ?

Because the beer you drink is shite.

jahwomble
    Free Member

cocktail sausages.

jahwomble
    Free Member

cocktail sausages.

NZCol

I only drink decent beer. So 1kg of cheese == 6 bottles of Monteiths Black !!

MrSmith
    Free Member

anything imported, guns, generators, tinned food, water, diesel and gold.

mboy
    Free Member

Drac – Member

Mortgage twice as much, that would take a huge hike in interest rates.

In fact anything 100% more than now is unlikely.

And that won’t happen why?

Lovely as the low interest rate may be for those of you home owners out there right now, rules of the world are what goes down, must come back up! Sad I know, especially for us Mountain Bikers, but it’s ultimately very true. I predict that within 12 months we will see the interest rate go past 3.5% (probably doubling most people’s mortgage payments), and within 2 years it will past 6%. Sorry to be a big nay sayer, but hopefully we’ll get some well needed inflation to go with it.

And unless the £ recovers significantly (we have spent a VERY long time getting used to it being very strong, which has been great for imports) we will start paying ridiculous amounts for anything imported. RRP of Shimano stuff has already gone up about 60% in total over the space of about 2 months, that’s just the start! Maybe, just maybe, this will kick start the manufacturing industry in this country to get making stuff again! I’m sure the likes of Hope and Middleburn are already benefiting from the weak £ in terms of their export markets.

AlasdairMc – Member

Anything in Zimbabwe

Sorry, anything in Zimbabwe has already doubled in price about 10 times over just in the length of time it took me to write this reply! 😕

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

mboy, is it being so cheerful that keeps you going?

I don’t happen to agree with your predictions that we will fly out of recession that quickly to generate the kind of interest rates you are talking about. The upside is that if we did, the recession will be much shorter and less painful than predicted

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Depends really… if we are heading into a global depression then I think everything is going to be half the price this time next year… but none of us will have any jobs so it will be kind of a moot point!

willyboy
    Free Member

Hopefully all my shares that i’ve just bought 😯

richc
    Free Member

My money is on:

Beer/booze is a safe bet to be double, as if the recession keeps biting the Govt. won’t want large amounts of the population to have access to cheap booze for obvious reasons. So with tax raises and a halt to 2 for 1 offers, that should bring the price back up.

Unemployment/Salary/Home insurance.

some mobile phones

sofatester
    Free Member

Tesco value malt loaf.

Was 18p in December, It’s now 28p!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘What will be twice as expensive in a year?’ is closed to new replies.