Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • What wheels?
  • whattyre
    Free Member

Bit of a long term roadie build(sorry) but I’ve got a colnago master steel frame off a mate and will be gradually due to cost putting it together..I know what I’m going to put on it as in components/finishing kit but the wheels ae stumping me…I want contemporary but not too bling and obviously it’s going to be full campag(thinking the electronic stuff maybe but if not 11spd record) not tubs but any good suggestions gratefully received!

geetee1972
    Free Member

I can highly recommend the wheels built by Strada in West Sussex. They’re happy to build and post and they only build wheels, they aren’t a shop.

I hadn’t heard of some of the rims they carry and recommend before, but having had a set from them I love the way they ride. They are a little more ‘left field’ in that they will take you down the traditional handbuilt wheel route rather than factory built units, but for a Colnago Master, something like that would be a great match.

I have H Plus Son Archetype rim on CK R45 hubs built with Sapim CX Ray spokes.

whattyre
    Free Member

I was thinking about some customs…maybe Chris kings on a nice rim…choices choices!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘What wheels?’ is closed to new replies.