• This topic has 104 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • what waterproof shorts for this winter ?
  • sazter

I have the Tenn ones, I had Altura Attacks but even the small was way too big once I lost 3 stone, the small Tenn is the right size for me at a 30″ approx. Not as tough as Altura but cheap so I am ok with that. My sister crashed in hers on her first ride and ripped hers along a seam, so there are issues. I am onto my second winter in mine and they’re still holding up fine. If there was a good waterproof short for ladies or xs mens I would be interested but the Tenn’s fit and keep me dry for now. Not much choice for me really!

kcal

what size are they iainc – though mine are I think S or at a push M so can’t see yours fitting 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Iain, what size and colour?. Funnily enough, my Madison Addicts pocket zip broke last night, so they’ll be getting sent back for a free replacement – happy days as I wish hadn’t bought that colour anyway, and they don’t do it any more!.

iainc

my Madison Tempests are a Medium, black and worn once (in the dry) – £30 – email in profile 🙂

thesurfbus
    Free Member

I have the Tenn shorts and Endura, they are both a size large, but the Endura are slightly bigger.
    The Tenn were good, but the material is pretty thin and fragile, and I ripped the arse out of them on my saddle

iainc

interesting, thanks. I ordered the tenn ones in Large, based on the Amazon feedback, so sounds like they may need changing for a medium !

medoramas
    Free Member

What about a spray-can of the new MucOff Fabric Protect – that should make any shorts waterproof! 😉

kcal

Mine are both size Small as suspected iain :/

dannyh
    Free Member

I got a pair of Endura MT500 last year – absolute crap. The arse lasted about a dozen rides, of which I’d probably class 3 or 4 as being wet. It’s a shame, as the rest of the shorts still look brand new, and they’re comfy as hell.

Same here – look great, fit great, but in practice they just disintegrate in anything approaching real use. If I remember correctly, they are not sold as ‘waterproof’, though – just ‘showerproof’. Although ‘showerproof’ has always struck me as marketing speak for ‘not really waterproof at all, but we want you to buy this product thinking it is’.

iainc

kcal – Member
    Mine are both size Small as suspected iain :/

no worries, sold them the other day anyway 🙂

the tenn ones are yet to arrive….

emac65
    Free Member

Bought some Tenn shorts for last winter, they just about lasted the winter before the ar5e wore out.They weren’t particularly waterproof anyway…..I wouldn’t buy again..

PrinceJohn

Well – those are the most expensive shorts I’ve ever bought…. better be good!

jam-bo

What did you get?

My mudrides have finally shipped from Germany after being on back order for weeks.

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Where did you get your Mudridess from in Germany Jambo?

jam-bo

exxpozed. although I wouldn’t believe the 6-8 day lead time on the site. I ordered on the 24th October, they got dispatched today (12th) after lots of emails.

So 18 days…they better bloody fit…

PrinceJohn

Ordered the mudrides… although now you’ve said that, I’m going to keep an eye on them.

Might’ve ordered a new helmet too after an email from leisure lakes.

jam-bo

Turned up today. Snug fit in the small. I’m a 32″ waist in most stuff and I think they’ll be comfy. Really nice build quality and feel.

chrismac

Altura 3/4’s for me. Ive had them for about 4 years now, still waterproof and in 1 piece. I do think this will be their last winter as they are showing signs of wear on the seams and beginning to get the crinkled fabric that suggest delamination will set in soon. Still 4 seasons is a good life span in my opinion

mrblobby
    Free Member

I got a pair of Endura MT500 last year – absolute crap. The arse lasted about a dozen rides, of which I’d probably class 3 or 4 as being wet. It’s a shame, as the rest of the shorts still look brand new, and they’re comfy as hell.

Ugh why oh why did I buy some MT500’s (you really would think I’d know better). I’m a couple of rides in and they do seem pretty good but they will probably fall apart like pretty much every other bit of new Endura kit.

bonesetter
    Free Member

No belt on the Mudrides is there?

My Altura’s and Enduras have fallen apart

hainman
    Free Member

Interested in the Raceface Agents too,My Altura Attacks have bust the ass on them and no longer WP :p

jam-bo

No belt on the Mudrides is there?

Nope. Two adjusters on the sides. Crotch looks to be pretty heavy duty cordura or similar.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Altura Attacks get braces now 🙂

bruneep

Mine were heading the same way, got my mate who repairs waders to re-seam them and repair a delamination section.

jam-bo

First ride in mudrides. Worth every penny, quick rinse with hose while cleaning bike and looking good as new.

Big zip vents down the thigh do a great job of letting the heat out on long climbs.

brickwizard
    Free Member

Struggling to find mudrides in a 34 they all seem to be sold out

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Think you’ll get them on the sweet protection site in any size you want at the moment.

johnnystorm

My altura braces have ripped their loop off on one side, not that securely sewn in. I’ve got a pair of dhb flashlight shorts that are yet to see action….fingers crossed.

jam-bo

Think you’ll get them on the sweet protection site in any size you want at the moment.

Out of interest I checked, even they only have them in S & XL.

grahamattenn
    Free Member

Hi Guys, My Name is Graham and I am from Tenn Outdoors, I just wanted to say that I have been reading your comments about our waterproof shorts and our Product Development have taken the issues on board.

All of our waterproof shorts will now have additional reinforcement in the seat which should stop some of the problems you guys are having.

Thanks and have a great day

Graham

siloseven
    Free Member

Update on the winter agent shorts – they’re going back. Shame really as they are beautifully made but they just aren’t waterproof. I think the material itself is waterproof but water still gets in through the seams even though they are taped. For less extreme conditions than we’ve had oop north in the last couple of weeks they would probably be good but I wanted something that would keep my arse dry in bad conditions and they weren’t up to the job.

I’ve got some madison addicts as a replacement and hopefully they’ll be better.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I’m massively impressed with my new endura mt500 full waterproof shorts (not the spray which I also have!)

Yesterday was the end of earth as we know weather wise and my anus hole stayed completely dry throughout 5 hours of peak bashing and what seemed like endless river descents

Every other part of me was sopping wet to the bone apart from my butt!

Wear wise there doesn’t appear to be any obvious bum wear but they are only 5 rides old, if they do go around the bum I’ll send them back I reckon but if they get me through a peak winter like this then they are a bloody good short, nice slim fitting too

alexh
    Free Member

My friend and I rode out on Sunday on a very wet trail.

My Tenn shorts were wet on the rear within a few mins. The front survived well.

My friend in his endura mt500 had a dry bum after 2 hours.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Peaks grit is eating my altura 3/4″ first pair lasted a couple of months second pair (warrenty) are 3 rides in and I’m betting they last another 2 rides max.
    Any one noticed the bum lasting longer on a seat with no raised stiching?
    Currenty use a spoon but thinking of Chainging to a fabric scoot one

PrinceJohn

My Mudrides turned up today – almost excited to find some crap weather to test them!!

jam-bo

3 proper gopping wet rides in on mine and still really impressed.

grahamt1980

Mudrides are awesome.
    2 horrific uplift days and a manky day at coed y brenin have shown me they are the best waterproof shorts I have found

boxxer7
    Free Member

I can’t find anywhere with mud rides instock where did you get yours?

grahamt1980

I got mine from leisurelakes, but that was a couple of months ago.
    Stif have them in blue in sizes small or xl

jam-bo

small is larger than you think though. I’m 32″ waist in most jeans etc and they fit me.

hose them down with the bike and they are good to go for the next ride.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘what waterproof shorts for this winter ?’ is closed to new replies.