Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • What was your first bike?
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

I had one of these I think, or a copy of it maybe. Pretty sure my foam things actually said harrier on them and it had gold bars as well as the gold wheels. Absolutely loved it, though I do remember it being a heavy bugger! Standard bolts were very quickly swapped to trick nuts front and back! :mrgreen:

Though I don’t think this one was my first bike, I don’t remember anything before it. But i could ride this on christmas day, so I must’ve learned on something else(I’ll need to ask that question actually!).

Anyhow, what’s the first bike you remember having?

colournoise

First thing I remember riding was a trike with a giant breadbin type ‘boot’ that I used to go and get stuff from the local village shop with when I was about 4.

First bike (as in 2 wheels not 3) that I remember riding was one like this (in this colour). Wheelie mad fun!

Dad was a lorry mechanic/sprayer at the time so later had it resprayed flake blue with custom stickers.

slainte 8) rob

boltonjon

A Marlboro Zapper BMX

No wonder i struggle with smoking now!!

jockthestore
    Free Member

Not this one, but it was deffo a Peugeot… not bad for it’s day I wrecon. About 1988?

buttercup
    Free Member

First bike I ever bought. Late 90’s. Hade a super swish blue camo paint job. Couldn’t help myself.

racefaceec90

it was a blue tricycle with a pink elephant sticker on the (white) seat.it was gnarly dude (well it was when you were 2-3 years old 🙂

kerv
    Free Member

This is the first proper bike I can remember. Santa brought me this (not this particular one), a good few years ago now!

bigbloke
    Free Member

My first bike was a generic BMX with black frame/fork , chrome bars and red pads. That was back in 1985/86 iirc. I enjoyed that christmas 8)

ask1974
    Free Member

Grifter.

senorj

Raleigh Boxer , but I did have one with solid rubber tyres before that come to think of it. But I was too small to lift it up.

flashes
    Free Member

My Dad bought me a second hand 20″ wheeled purple girls bike one Christmas, it went down at school……………..not

I too had a trike with a huge boot when I was about 4. I was so excited, I rode it down the stairs…………

Bregante

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

This bad boy…

boltonjon

Rusty

My mate had one of them – i was so jealous because i thought he had suspension…

I bet i’ve got more suspension that him now!!

samuri
    Free Member

First bike (as opposed to tricycle) I remember was a chipper.
    Then a chopper.

kayak23

Ammaco Freestyle King was the first bike I properly remember being very, very excited about.
    I learned all sorts of ‘stunts’, my forte being to ride along and climb onto the double top-tube and surf no-handed a-la this bloke…

Amazing bike, brings a tear to me eye to wonder what became of it.

Then later, A Peugeot Aubisque in Bright yellow. The first bike I (mostly) bought myself with a ‘little’ help from me Mum after saving up from a paper round. Used to go in the shop every few days to look at it standing there. They must have been sick of the sight of me…

kayak23

First bike (as opposed to tricycle) I remember was a chipper.
    Then a chopper.

The Chipper was the girls version wasn’t it? My sister had one. It was amazing for wheelies…

ElShalimo

Being the youngest I always got hand-me-downs
    my first ever bike just for me was 5spd Peugeot racer in the mid-80s
    The first bike I paid for was a 1990? blue 20″ GT Timberline with mixed groupset of Shimano 400LX and 500LX. Loved that bike. Gave it to a friend in 2005 for dog walking duties. I wish I had it now.

Crag
    Free Member

Raleigh Tomahawk here.

Not big enough for the Chopper so it’s little brother had to do. Loved that bike.

IHN

First bike that was actually bought for me was a Raleigh Boxer in about 1979:

AngusWells

The tank top was optional. I was more worried about catching my flares in the chain.

wheelie77
    Free Member

I had a hand me down from… MY SISTER! My dad did try and man it up a bit for me though by painting it black and gold and calling it the golden sabre, bless him! I need to find a picture of it to post here, it will give you all a giggle!

julianwilson
    Free Member

My first bike was a fixie! Mind you, it also had 12″ wheels, solid rubber tyres and stabilisers.

First ‘mountain bike’ was a black to fluo-pink fade Townsend Equaliser. I rode it all over the place! Every so often whilst out on a ‘proper’ mountain bike with suspension and big tyres, I get my teeth rattled on some trail and then remember riding the same trail 20 years ago on my old 1.8″ tyred steel 35lb monster, and then have a little word with myself. 😆

joao3v16
    Free Member

No idea what my first bike actually was – all I remember is it was purple and yellow with white/grey solid rubber tyres.

Think I ended up using the wheels to make a go-kart.

adeward
    Free Member

I wanted a chopper as all my mates had one , eneded up with a STD Raleigh 24 inch wheels didnt even have gears , but when we all got into bike rides I did see the advantage ,
    Then had a number of 5 and 10 speed racers used to cycle with Luton arrows,

First mountain bike was 86 kona cinder cone great little bike,

epo-aholic
    Free Member

as a kid a raleigh strika, proper bike was a marin palisades as a 17 year old

rewski
    Free Member

I had something that looked a bit like a chopper, a stick shift but had a more american cruiser look. The sort of bike the red hand gang would ride. Wish I still had it, can’t find any pics on google either.

Harry_the_Spider

Raleigh Pixie from in about 1972.

Solid tyres, hard plastic seat and a pull rod brake. Awesome.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

This is me on my first bike – a fixie none the less! Complete with Postman Pat slippers …

ashfanman
    Free Member

My first was a tiny thing called the Red Pippin (no idea on the manufacturer) that I had from two up to the age of four. I then had a rad neon green BMX with green plastic wheels and bright green tyres. Might have been called the Invader or something?

I then got my first MTB – an Emmelle Leopard that was so heavy I’m convinced it was made of pig iron. It already had a shocking multicolour neon paintjob, but I obviously decided it wasn’t garish enough as I added an aero wheel cover that was black with bright yellow lightning all over it. Just looking at it while stationary was enough to induce nausea – God knows what that disc looked like while it was spinning.

But I guess my first ‘proper’ bike was a fully rigid Carrera B52. It was made of huuuge oversized aluminium (scratch that – it was aerospace aluminium) tubing and had toe clips and weird rubber-coated bars with integrated barends. I still have it holed away in my parents’ garage. I actually spruced it up (and replaced those godawful bars with a cheap EA30 riser) and took it for a ride last summer. Not anywhere near as light as I remember it being (it’s amazing how much lighter bikes have got in the past 15 years), but it was actually lot of fun. It felt very, very fast – particularly when trying to slow down with V-brakes… 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

Raleigh budgie for me… followed a few years later by a cast iron tubed grifter…

retro83
    Free Member

Raleigh Mag Buster. Awesome bike 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

Raleigh Boxer. brilliant for wheelies and making farty noises with the rear mudguard.

Mintyjim

I had a Budgie too! I snapped the frame after nailing a jump I made in the garden aged 5, I cried, but quickly recovered when I got a second-hand chopper that was way too big for me.

pickle
    Free Member

Mine was a freemans catalogue Raleigh Burner GS, i loved that bike to bits!!

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘What was your first bike?’ is closed to new replies.