Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • What was your favourite childhood toy?
  • nick1962
    Free Member

Bike surely?
    I was given a rusty old 1950’s ladies Raleigh bike by a neighbour when I was 5.It had metal rod brakes and I couldn’t even sit on the saddle and reach the pedals till I was 7.Kept it till I was 14 customised Chopper style with a 20 inch front wheel, 26 rear and old airfix Umbro paint job.Always felt a bit embarrased ‘cos it had a girl’s bike frame but hey better than nothing.Went everywhere on it.
    Something like this but in blue and white

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Can’t believe i just found this picture on the net,….ow the memories,….i had an own made castle too that my gGrandad made for me for them to torture people in… 🙂

northernmatt

@bearnecessities was it this one? I had one as kid. ’twas ace.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    noteeth
    Free Member

Bike surely?

That Raleigh sounds awesome – I can’t imagine my childhood without a bike of some description… but tbh I never counted ’em as toys (in my case, a BMX for my 7th birthday – possibly the best thing that ever happened to me).

Noteeth, 37 years old. 😀

bearnecessities

It may have been Tonka thinking about it, but definitely red!

Houns

Lego, Tonka, bike etc already mentioned but I also loved Britains farm toys

Whilst searching google for pictures I found this

Loved playing with it and all the tractors etc

Houns

I feel an eBay session coming on! Had most the bits in this picture, my fave was the logging transporter/grab, was gutted when I broke it. Those yellow bales hurt more than Lego to stand on

Kuco

Cavalry Playmobile when I was younger
    Action Man
    Lego
    Bigtrak

Oh and toy guns/bow arrows.

seanthesheap
    Free Member

Played with lots of the above, lots of fun, we used to make our own toys also…

Peg Guns
    ‘you could have someones eye out with that!’

Houns

After much googling I have finally found my favourite that I used in the sandpit

I’m sure I had a couple more from the range

Edit

Ah yes, had the dump truck and front loader too

thehustler
    Free Member

notthe common stunt bike

saleem
    Free Member

A snooker table and my green striker bike.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Without a shadow of doubt –

[/url] image by blogs15, on Flickr[/img]

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Bike surely?

No-one’s mentioned bike because no-one needs to say..

althepal

Had an action man hang glider/kite that was well cool.. I remember that Tonka transporter.. made of metal?
    Think I had the flightpath thing too but perhaps with a harrier?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

A swing, for hours and hours, for days upon end, no matter what the weather

Harry_the_Spider

andypaul99
    Free Member

piemonster

Raleigh Bomber.

But the favourite that I still have is

image by piemonster, on Flickr

freddyg
    Free Member

This:

Matchbox superfast tracks. Had them running all over the place. Brilliant stuff. I’m going to get some from my son 🙂

bigbloke
    Free Member

Airfix toy soldiers or Britains soldiers

tomhoward

Brio, then Lego, then airfix, then scalextric, then burrago (sp?) model cars. Then girls. They have remained a favourite.

Pretty sure I only had toys my dad wanted to play with…

DezB
    Free Member

Can only remember Action Man. My gran used to make clothes for our Action Men – they were really camp, but we didn’t know at the time 🙂

Dutch Arrows and Shitty Sticks (length of hazel with a lump of clay at the end.. fire!) kept us occupied most summers.

Harry_the_Spider

Bought my lad three HM Armed Forces figures (like Action Man) for Christmas along with an Apache, a Harrier and a Tank.

Can’t wait for Christmas Day. Barbie and Ken won’t know what has hit them!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

+1

In fact I have one sitting behind me in the study. It sits next to a rather battered version of this:

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Couldn’t go wrong with a couple of boxes of these pitted against each other either…

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I used to get the plastic mat from the hallway and use it as a ramp, this dude got launched all over the shop. Hours of fun.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Also had one of these, I used to lob him out of the dormer window at my parents house, that was until a mate fired him miles into the air with his catapult and got him stuck in a tree. I was gutted.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Eureka rifles bought in Paris. One side by side, the other an over and under and very realistic and well made. Shot arrows (rather than shot or bullets) a considerable distance. My brother and I had constant battles with them and terrorised the baby sitters. They were awesome. Would be banned these days though.

lexinoo
    Free Member

Raleigh striker until the bmx years began.

sharkbait
    Free Member

A few that stick out are a Hot Wheels set:

my air rifle, fishing rod (lived literally miles from anywhere) and most of all a technics radio that I got one Christmas about 38 years ago – I can still remember unpacking it for the first time and the ‘new electrical thing’ smell! Spent many many happy hours listening to Radio Luxemburg in bed at night 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

I had s Schwinn Breezer bike (bit like a more modern cruiser style bike)
    And a Laser Dinghy.

I led an outdoor life as a kiddo in Florida see.. 😀

PTR
    Free Member

Mamod steam engine, fire, boiling water, steam, hot metal, when you are eight, what’s not to like?!

yunki
    Free Member

Bike, obviously and after that stationary..

Pens, pencils, sketchpads.. Mainly colouring pencils though really and markers, and later spray paint..

aphex_2k
    Free Member

oooh toughy. I had a science kit and the iron filings and magnet kept me amused for hours. Various Action Man toys, jeep, zipwire etc. Oh, and an Evel Knivel bike and launcher. That was pretty sweet. Lego. Up to the point I put a piece up my nose for some reason.

seadog101

One of these:

The garden had just enough of a gradient to it…and they were big enough and strong enough to ride in… you can guess the rest.

somafunk

Under the age of 10ish probably my green Raleigh strika with a pedal back brake, the skids I could do were legendary, also the ubiquitous Lego, after 10 I’d have to say my 9ft spinning rod wi Abu cardinal reel and my hw77 air rifle, also my kx 80 moto x bike n’ my bmx then my muddy fox for my 14th birthday.

dannymite1981
    Free Member

Technics set(the yellow jcb one)

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

and the bionic man

benji
    Free Member

Lego spent many happy hours with that Didn’t get my first bicycle till I was 16 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘What was your favourite childhood toy?’ is closed to new replies.